• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Money, The Root of Our Evils?

Is Money the Root of All Evils?

• Yes

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 81.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
UtahBill said:
Comrade Brian said:
No, in his brain, having one in your home is not fatal. Learn correct sentence structure!:lol:

Maybe this is better:

But you are right, Trotsky was killed by an ice pick, that was stuck in his head, while he was in his home.

Study animals and primative humans, there was no currency of any form yet they were still violent and "evil" without the horrible bloody media.. saying money is the root of evil is complete bull.

We are all selfish one way or another... you won't give me all your money.. therefore you are selfish according to liberitarian night because you're not sharing..

the law is selfish, because it won't let children share their bodies with adults, aka sex.. the children are selfish for not pleasuring others in their expense.

doesn't that make the Christian god selfish since he didn't want to share his almighty powers with humans?

Synch said:
Study animals and primative humans, there was no currency of any form yet they were still violent and "evil" without the horrible bloody media.. saying money is the root of evil is complete bull.

We are all selfish one way or another... you won't give me all your money.. therefore you are selfish according to liberitarian night because you're not sharing..

the law is selfish, because it won't let children share their bodies with adults, aka sex.. the children are selfish for not pleasuring others in their expense.

doesn't that make the Christian god selfish since he didn't want to share his almighty powers with humans?
This sure sounds like the ramblings of a nut case, are you off your meds or something? How old are you?
Greed and selfishness are a human trait, comparing us to animals is not applicable here, neither is your extremelyl creepy comment about sex with children, and I would think that God knows better than to share power with greedy and selfish humans. we don't know how to handle the power that we have as it is.

Synch said:

Don't presume to speak for me.

"the law" can not be selfish, as it has no "self"

Children also have little understanding of self, and thus consent to acts upon their self, which is why we protect them. Identity comes with expirience.

Yes, the Judeo-Christian-islamic view of God is a selfish God. Infact the Jealous God of the bible requires a hefty portion of selfishness. Jealous God, Vengeful God, are hallmarks of a Selfish God. Good thing, I believe at least, God's not Jewish.

Comrade Brian said:
UtahBill said:
Maybe this is better:

But you are right, Trotsky was killed by an ice pick, that was stuck in his head, while he was in his home.

Gah, and here i thought it was Colonel Mustard with the Candle Stick in the Library.

Comrade Brian said:
justone said:
What the hell are you blabbering about?

Learn how to spell too.

But you are right, Trotsky was killed by an ice pick in his home.

Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression, and violence, and enjoy it to the full. - Lev Davidovich Bronstein

Originally named Lev Davidovich Bronstein, Trotsky was born

I am sorry, my mistake, you just looked like him on the picture and the sound of your voice, Comrade, got me confused. I had no doubt only such great man as L.Bronstein could say that Money were the root of all evils!
My mistake.

libertarian_knight said:
Don't presume to speak for me.

Children also have little understanding of self, and thus consent to acts upon their self, which is why we protect them. Identity comes with expirience.

Yes, the Judeo-Christian-islamic view of God is a selfish God. Infact the Jealous God of the bible requires a hefty portion of selfishness. Jealous God, Vengeful God, are hallmarks of a Selfish God. Good thing, I believe at least, God's not Jewish.

the law is made by men, are you saying jim crow laws weren't selfish? The law itself is not selfish, but what it is is dependent on the creater, our lawmakers in congress, who are infinitely selfish... abramoff scandal, creating laws that benefit themselves..

Btw you said this..

Selfishness is not wanting to share what you have,

utahbill said:
Greed and selfishness are a human trait, comparing us to animals is not applicable here, neither is your extremelyl creepy comment about sex with children, and I would think that God knows better than to share power with greedy and selfish humans. we don't know how to handle the power that we have as it is.

greed and selfishness are human traits... what planet are you from? Examine any group of animals extensively, they have a social hierarchy, greed and selfishness comes hand in hand. Gorillas who conquer other tribes and kill the young then take the females, we exibit animal behavior bill.

Human were evil before any kind of currency, animals who doesn't have anything close to currency are evil, read the lucifier principle.

Male gorillas for example, will fight for the right to mate, the dominating silverback will mate with all the females he can, while the males who have lost sometimes do not have offsprings. However sometimes the dominating silverback is challenged by another gorilla, and the challenger wins the fight and all the loser's many wives, the first thing he does is kill all the offsprings, the baby gorillas, who were fathered by the loser, and then he proceeds to mate with all the females.

We cannot be compare humans to animals? You say money is the birth of evil, while animals who were never influenced by the violent media or currency as valuables are far more selfish and greedy than we are..

Primative humans committed the same crimes the gorillas in my above paragraph did...

The love of money is not the root of evil, but the revolution of humanity, because it drives us to accomplish the most we possibly can, an incentive for the greats.

Without currency, we would've never had the industrial revolution, where currency was essential for it to work. The love of money drove Samuel Slater to memorize the design of the British textile factories, the love of money made him escape back to the US and built a textile mill.... the love of money forged great nations..

The love of money has like anything else the bad side, but it's benefits completely outweighs the horrible deeds driven by the love of money.

Synch said:
the law is made by men, are you saying jim crow laws weren't selfish? The law itself is not selfish, but what it is is dependent on the creater, our lawmakers in congress, who are infinitely selfish... abramoff scandal, creating laws that benefit themselves..

Btw you said this..

greed and selfishness are human traits... what planet are you from? Examine any group of animals extensively, they have a social hierarchy, greed and selfishness comes hand in hand. Gorillas who conquer other tribes and kill the young then take the females, we exibit animal behavior bill.

Human were evil before any kind of currency, animals who doesn't have anything close to currency are evil, read the lucifier principle.

Male gorillas for example, will fight for the right to mate, the dominating silverback will mate with all the females he can, while the males who have lost sometimes do not have offsprings. However sometimes the dominating silverback is challenged by another gorilla, and the challenger wins the fight and all the loser's many wives, the first thing he does is kill all the offsprings, the baby gorillas, who were fathered by the loser, and then he proceeds to mate with all the females.

We cannot be compare humans to animals? You say money is the birth of evil, while animals who were never influenced by the violent media or currency as valuables are far more selfish and greedy than we are..

Primative humans committed the same crimes the gorillas in my above paragraph did...

The love of money is not the root of evil, but the revolution of humanity, because it drives us to accomplish the most we possibly can, an incentive for the greats.

Without currency, we would've never had the industrial revolution, where currency was essential for it to work. The love of money drove Samuel Slater to memorize the design of the British textile factories, the love of money made him escape back to the US and built a textile mill.... the love of money forged great nations..

The love of money has like anything else the bad side, but it's benefits completely outweighs the horrible deeds driven by the love of money.

I may have been a little braod, with the use of the word share, but my points stand. The Law is the product of self-interest, selfishness and greed. Jim Crow laws were very selfish laws.

I agree with the sentiment regarding money.

Mortality is the "source" or root of evil. If people did not die, I expect that many "evil acts" would never be engaged in. attacks over food, resources, wealth, etc would all be meaningless. Except for cases of pure maliciousness, at which point they are the truest evils. Evil done for fleeting amusment.

so, Death is the root of evil.

libertarian_knight said:
I may have been a little braod, with the use of the word share, but my points stand. The Law is the product of self-interest, selfishness and greed. Jim Crow laws were very selfish laws.

I agree with the sentiment regarding money.

Mortality is the "source" or root of evil. If people did not die, I expect that many "evil acts" would never be engaged in. attacks over food, resources, wealth, etc would all be meaningless. Except for cases of pure maliciousness, at which point they are the truest evils. Evil done for fleeting amusment.

so, Death is the root of evil.

Is it me or do these statements contradict themselves?
libertarian_knight said:

Synch said:
Is it me or do these statements contradict themselves?

Jim Crow laws were laws generated for selfish purposes.

I'm a little tired too, blame that.

Again, though, the law is the product of self-interest, and lots of selfishness and greed.

Jim Crow laws are examples of the effect of selfishness (and greed) in the legislative process.

Last edited:
libertarian_knight said:
Jim Crow laws were laws generated for selfish purposes.

I'm a little tired too, blame that.

Glad to see you admitt to your mistakes. :2razz:

justone said:
Comrade Brian said:
Originally named Lev Davidovich Bronstein, Trotsky was born

I am sorry, my mistake, you just looked like him on the picture and the sound of your voice, Comrade, got me confused. I had no doubt only such great man as L.Bronstein could say that Money were the root of all evils!
My mistake.

I know that Trotsky's orginal name was Bronstein. Also I never said money was "the root of our evils", I said it was humans for creating money.

Synch said:
Glad to see you admitt to your mistakes. :2razz:

You placed the letter "t" twice in "admit." Admit that.

GySgt said:
You placed the letter "t" twice in "admit." Admit that.

I'm one letter off, sue me.

It seems to me that poverty is the root of most evil . But does money represent a true equivalency to a batering and a more convenient,cost effective replacement to a bartering ?

:roll:

iron butterfly said:
It seems to me that poverty is the root of most evil . But does money represent a true equivalency to a batering and a more convenient,cost effective replacement to a bartering ?

Poverty is not the root of all of evil, we must look at the roots of poverty...

bad habits, overconfidence, drug use, poor public education, which democrats defend to the bones...

Well I still disagree and since I'm 52 ,I would rather quote myself rather than the adult that you are quoting ,LOL.

The federal reserve act is the root of all evils :alert

Back
Top Bottom