• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

MMT Has No Clothes[W:26]

I never said I was a Trump supporter

I never suggested that you did.

>>it isn't fair to those who came here legally to just decriminalize what the illegals have done.

In what sense?

>>deporting eleven million illegals (not Americans, we don't deport Americans) isn't even feasible.

As I said, the word "American" is typically used to refer to both native-born and inhabitants. And we do deport some naturalized citizens as well, if their citizenship is revoked.

>>It's not a dehumanizing term just because you righteous lefties claim it to be.

Yer right, that's not the reaon it's dehumanizing/degrading. It's dehumanizing/degrading primarily because of its bigoted origin in the language, and also because it is perceived as such by the specified population.

>>How is this any different than calling a gay person gay? Isn't that dehumanizing, or haven't you gotten around to deciding that yet?

I think yer aware of the dehumanizing terms used to describe that population.

>>And we had trouble declaring that ISIS was a terror organization and that we are at war with Islamic radicals?

Just more stupid, right-wing BS that's repeated ad nauseum. The administration wisely leaves religion out of its vocabulary on this when appropriate to make it clear we are not fighting a war with Islam. We are fighting terrorists who have a perverted interpretation of Islam.

The administration wisely leaves religion out of its vocabulary on this when appropriate to make it clear we are not fighting a war with Islam. We are fighting terrorists who have a perverted interpretation of Islam.

The right has never said we are fighting a war against Islam. They have consistently said we are fighting against Islamic radicals and Obama couldn't bring himself to say that. He also just recently declared ISIS a terrorist organization. Really? It took him that long to figure that out? How many beheadings of civilians does it take to call them terrorists, especially when they call themselves terrorists?

The right has never said we are fighting a war against Islam.

They mock Obummer for not saying "Islamic terrorism." Doing so would only play into the hands of our terrorist enemies.

>>Obama … just recently declared ISIS a terrorist organization.

Who told ya that? Limpblow? Handjob? Blech?

We started bombing ISIL last summer. Because we didn't like their table manners? He made the infamous "J.V. team" comment in Jan 2014. Did he think they were a basketball squad?

They mock Obummer for not saying "Islamic terrorism." Doing so would only play into the hands of our terrorist enemies.

>>Obama … just recently declared ISIS a terrorist organization.

Who told ya that? Limpblow? Handjob? Blech?

We started bombing ISIL last summer. Because we didn't like their table manners? He made the infamous "J.V. team" comment in Jan 2014. Did he think they were a basketball squad?

That's the ridiculousness. We have been attacking ISIS for quite a while now and just recently declared them a terrorist organization.

We have been attacking ISIS for quite a while now and just recently declared them a terrorist organization.

I repeat my two questions: Which RWNJ told you we "just recently declared [ISIL] a terrorist organization," and why have we been bombing them for the past ten months? Have we been saying that we don't like them cuz they won't play with Bo and Sunny?

I repeat my two questions: Which RWNJ told you we "just recently declared [ISIL] a terrorist organization," and why have we been bombing them for the past ten months? Have we been saying that we don't like them cuz they won't play with Bo and Sunny?

Is the US Department of State good enough for you, or is that a RWNJ?

Foreign Terrorist Organizations

Is the US Department of State good enough for you, or is that a RWNJ?

Well, the only news coverage I can find on this is from TownHall — they're RWNJs. I'm not familiar with the way State handles these legal procedures (are you?), but I'm guesssing no one cares about what happened last month … because of this from more than two years ago:

The Department of State announced the amendment of the designation of al-Qa’ida in Iraq (AQI) as a Foreign Terrorist Organization (FTO) under Section 219 of the Immigration and Nationality Act and as a Specially Designated Global Terrorist entity under section 1(b) of Executive Order (E.O.) 13224 to add the alias Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) as its primary name and remove all aliases associated with al-Nusrah Front (ANF). Additionally, the Department of State announced the designation of ANF as an FTO under Section 219 of the Immigration and Nationality Act and as a Specially Designated Global Terrorist entity under section 1(b) of E.O. 13224.

The Department will also add the following aliases to the ISIL listing: the Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham (ISIS), the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), ad-Dawla al-Islamiyya fi al-‘Iraq wa-sh-Sham, Daesh, Dawla al Islamiya, and Al-Furqan Establishment for Media Production. Furthermore, under the same authorities, the Department of State designated al-Nusrah Front as a standalone FTO and SDGT. — Terrorist Designations of Groups Operating in Syria, May 14, 2014​

Well, the only news coverage I can find on this is from TownHall — they're RWNJs. I'm not familiar with the way State handles these legal procedures (are you?), but I'm guesssing no one cares about what happened last month … because of this from more than two years ago:

The Department of State announced the amendment of the designation of al-Qa’ida in Iraq (AQI) as a Foreign Terrorist Organization (FTO) under Section 219 of the Immigration and Nationality Act and as a Specially Designated Global Terrorist entity under section 1(b) of Executive Order (E.O.) 13224 to add the alias Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) as its primary name and remove all aliases associated with al-Nusrah Front (ANF). Additionally, the Department of State announced the designation of ANF as an FTO under Section 219 of the Immigration and Nationality Act and as a Specially Designated Global Terrorist entity under section 1(b) of E.O. 13224.

The Department will also add the following aliases to the ISIL listing: the Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham (ISIS), the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), ad-Dawla al-Islamiyya fi al-‘Iraq wa-sh-Sham, Daesh, Dawla al Islamiya, and Al-Furqan Establishment for Media Production. Furthermore, under the same authorities, the Department of State designated al-Nusrah Front as a standalone FTO and SDGT. — Terrorist Designations of Groups Operating in Syria, May 14, 2014​

Always in defense mode. I guess the US Department of Defense isn't a good enough source for you after all.

Always in defense mode.

Why do you say that? All I did was show you that yer TownHall headline is a non-story. I'd say yer being defensive, not me.

>>I guess the US Department of Defense isn't a good enough source for you after all.

DOD? You posted a link to a State doc.

Back
Top Bottom