• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mitt Romney backing of Supreme Court vote paves way for election-year confirmation

nah, those who don't see it now won't ever see it.

IOW, you have no idea where , nor when it is occurring. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The professionals in the field of embryology disagree.
They dont say it is a person. That is a legal term. Its a clump of cells at conception. Cells are alive but we dont give personhood to them.

Move to Kentucky and convince the constituents to vote for someone else.
Why would I want to go to a place where low intellect imbeciles are a majority?
To be fair, they do make some fine bourbon.

Why would I want to go to a place where low intellect imbeciles are a majority?
To be fair, they do make some fine bourbon.
Well they get two senators and they get to choose not you. If you want to live in a dictatorship this isn't the country for you.

And if you're going to be that much of a bigot to people who live in a different state then I'm kind of glad that's not going your way.

Another opinion piece. Do you know what opinion means? Are you not able to form your own? Here is my opinion. You are a racist and don't want DC to be a state because of its black majority. There is no constitutional obstacle. Just my opinion. Feel free to refute that with the actual passage that you think helps your claim.
Read the reasons cited by the founding fathers as to why DC would not be a state?

Well they get two senators and they get to choose not you. If you want to live in a dictatorship this isn't the country for you.

And if you're going to be that much of a bigot to people who live in a different state then I'm kind of glad that's not going your way.
What the **** are you babbling about?

Did you forget the Republican Majority Congress refused even to consider Obama's nomination? Why would Trump somehow be immune to that? Just because the D flipped to R? That's just partisan hypocrisy.
But democrats said they wouldn't vote for Kavanaugh even before the hearing, so isn't that just what republicans did with Merrit Garland? We will not vote for him, we hold the majority so why bother to go through the hearings, waste of time.

No. HR1 specifically ends the voter suppression tactics that make Republican victories possible. It also expands voter rights. However, HR1 only survives if the courts are packed.

Also, Republicans can't add justices now. They need both chambers for that.
The idea that the democrats will "pack' the court by adding to the overall number of justices is an insult to the Constitution and the system of democracy. You didn't win the election, you didn't win the Senate, you won the House. So you tried to impeach and failed. Now the President whose term last till Jan 20 will nominate a justice, the Senate which is controlled by the Republicans will likely vote the nominee onto the court. It's the process and you just don't like it. So you want to change the democratic system because you lost. Don't talk about what is right or wrong, because you clearly don't know.

But democrats said they wouldn't vote for Kavanaugh even before the hearing, so isn't that just what republicans did with Merrit Garland? We will not vote for him, we hold the majority so why bother to go through the hearings, waste of time.
So pretty much both parties are piles of partisan shit? I agree.

The idea that the democrats will "pack' the court by adding to the overall number of justices is an insult to the Constitution and the system of democracy.

Guess the Founding Fathers shouldn't have added a provision for adding court seats then. How silly of them.

You didn't win the election, you didn't win the Senate, you won the House. So you tried to impeach and failed. Now the President whose term last till Jan 20 will nominate a justice, the Senate which is controlled by the Republicans will likely vote the nominee onto the court. It's the process and you just don't like it. So you want to change the democratic system because you lost. Don't talk about what is right or wrong, because you clearly don't know.

Back
Top Bottom