• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Misogynists/Anti-Feminists/"MRA's"'s Greatest Hits-- George Sodini is an "MRA Hero"

RadicalModerate

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
Misogynists/Anti-Feminists/"MRA's"'s Greatest Hits-- George Sodini is an "MRA Hero"

George Sodini was a sexually frustrated man who decided to take his anger out on the gender he felt had snubbed him for not banging him in a timely matter. In 2009, he shot and killed three women in a fitness class and in his final act of cowardice, killed himself to avoid the ramifications of his actions. The police found a note explaining his hatred of women for, and this is really why, for not having sex with him.

In the aftermath, the online MRA/anti-feminist communities were full of people who identified with Sodini's thoughts and actions. An article-- written on the Alas! blog-- documented the highly disturbing support for Sodini's actions.

Not his resentment.

Not his thoughts on women and sex.

His actions. They supported him walking into an LA Fitness and murdering three women as revenge for the entire gender not sleeping with him.

Here are a few of the most disturbing:

George Sodini is an MRA hero as much a reason to learn game. Finally a mass murderer writes a relatively coherent manifesto. Could be better, but at least it is implied that feminism is to blame and he is taking a last stand. I had been waiting for this (almost thinking I had to do it myself) and I am impressed. Kudos.

I saw the news today, Jeb, and I knew that those stuck-up B’s at MSNBC would be going on and on about him hating women, when they don’t know the whole story. I first thought about those frigid harpies at the exercise studio who were too up-tight to give a guy a chance on a date. I bet when the lights went out and they felt those warm bullets entering their bodies they wished that they had been a little nicer to the guys out there who just needed a date.

His last girlfriend was around twenty years ago. After twenty years of rejection by women, he finally had the courage to take his revenge by shooting at members of the sex who rejected him and made him feel like a loser.

This one disturbed me the most...(emphasis mine)

The problem is, our feminized society has given every woman the power to hold out for higher quality men than they deserve.

This creates an imbalance that leads to tragedies like the one in PA.

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. (Newton’s 3rd Law)

If empowered women keep applying pressure, they will create an explosion.

If 99% of women weren’t so damn shallow, **** like this wouldn’t occur.

A man deserves to get laid, just a a person who walks into Starbucks with $5 deserves a drink.

Men do everything women ask them to do, in pursuit of sex, and when it comes time for women to give it up, they don’t.

So just like that guy with $5, men have followed the rules to create the value that women have demanded in exchange for sex, and after they pay, many of them walk away empty handed.

In any other place in ‘the world’ a crime like this would not be tolerated. But is is perfectly OK in the sexual market to extract value from a man for years and never **** him. (Hello, paging Lady Raine!)

Women (like LR and others) enjoy love, affection, and devotion of men and then reneg on the sex.

Violent, hateful misogyny is still alive in our culture. There are men here who sincerely expect women to have sex with them for no other reason than they (the men) want to.

Have you experienced this type of attitude? Do you agree with it? Why or why not? Is violent misogyny like this prevalent or is it just over-reported/ blown out of proportion?

Any other thoughts, comments, etc.

Last edited:
Violent, hateful misogyny is still alive in our culture. There are men here who sincerely expect women to have sex with them for no other reason than they (the men) want to.

Have you experienced this type of attitude? Do you agree with it? Why or why not? Is violent misogyny like this prevalent or is it just over-reported/ blown out of proportion?

I've been an MRA for several years, and I've never seen any MRA support a violent act. The quotes you posted do not show there was widespread support for MRA's for the shooting in Pittsburgh. Many of them are trying to rationalize his actions. There is a difference between rationalizing a violent action and justifying it. None of the frustrations this guy may have had with the opposite sex is an acceptable reason to turn to violence. I doubt it was simply one issue with women that brought him to his decision. One of my favorite lines from the film "Apocalypse Now" is that "every man has his breaking point." Just like Col. Kurtz had his, so did Mr. Sodini.

And there are people in every type of political or social movement that will make such statements. Take feminists, for example. When Lorena Bobbit cut off her husband's penis back in the 90's, they tired to justify her action by stating that John had it coming because years of spousal abuse. Instead of vocal condemnation for mutilating a man's genitals, there was tacit approval and even vocal support by feminists for what she did.

I've been an MRA for several years, and I've never seen any MRA support a violent act. The quotes you posted do not show there was widespread support for MRA's for the shooting in Pittsburgh. Many of them are trying to rationalize his actions. There is a difference between rationalizing a violent action and justifying it. None of the frustrations this guy may have had with the opposite sex is an acceptable reason to turn to violence. I doubt it was simply one issue with women that brought him to his decision. One of my favorite lines from the film "Apocalypse Now" is that "every man has his breaking point." Just like Col. Kurtz had his, so did Mr. Sodini.

And there are people in every type of political or social movement that will make such statements. Take feminists, for example. When Lorena Bobbit cut off her husband's penis back in the 90's, they tired to justify her action by stating that John had it coming because years of spousal abuse. Instead of vocal condemnation for mutilating a man's genitals, there was tacit approval and even vocal support by feminists for what she did.

To your credit, I did forget to include this paragraph from the article.

By no means do I suggest that the quotes in this post represent the most common, centrist views in the MRA, anti-feminist and “pick up artist” communities. In most of the forums where I read these quotes, I did see occasional disagreements with the kind of thing I’m quoting — although all too often, not — and of course many condemned Sodini. And, obviously, I’ve cherry-picked the most offensive comments, not the most typical comments.

Nonetheless, most of these views are, in a way, accepted within those communities. No one is shocked to see these views posted; no one is banned or modded for posting these views; and the disagreements are, in many cases, rare and mild, if they come at all. In other words, the most vilely misogynistic garbage, even to the point of sympathizing with murder, is part of the spectrum of ordinary opinion, within these movements. And that’s both a cause for concern, and illustrates what’s so ****ed about about the “men’s rights” movement and community.

I got a little lost in all the quote bubbles. For that, I apologize.

I don't think that most MRA's endorse violent behavior. I think they occasionally have a point to be made; for example, I think they make a case about the court's default position of giving custody of kids in a divorce to the woman. This affects me personally, as well; my half-brother had two kids with a legitimately psychologically disturbed woman. The Louisiana courts gave custody of their children to her as the default position. In that time, the mother has been teaching the girls to steal from, has been telling her children blatant lies about their father and so on. He has spent a lot of money in family court fighting for custody of the girls, but because there is no empirical proof to her behavior, the courts are refusing to change custody.

That being said, MRA is an umbrella term. It includes gay male activism, legal advocate's for men and their supporters as well as other, rather small activists who consider themselves MRA's. However, the aspect I find the most prevalent in the current MRA group are masculinists; those who promote the idea that feminism, that is, the struggle of women for equality, health services and safety, is an anti-male position. I recognize this is only one shade of the entire MRA scale, but it seems to be the most common incarnation of the movement now. The current status of the MRA movement seems to take a particularly reactionary view of gender issues and they often make fairly transparent jabs at real equality issues; protesting "Ladie's Nights" at clubs as if they were on the same footing as demanding equality in health services or fighting back against rape, for instance. Some MRA arguments, also, are so often based in purely stereotypical assumptions, it's laughable. "American culture is so 'feminized" (whatever that means), that masculine traits are discouraged". Which may be, except for commercials, movies, video games, TV shows, asdvertising, music, etc, etc, etc. And what traits are these that you claim are exclusively masculine? Seems the gist is that society frowns on brutish, borish, piggish behavior and I guess MRA's are fighting the good fight to restore those precious lost values.

How about a quick Google search of MRA-associated webapges?

"Men's rights" search brought up as the first hit the appropriately named "Men's Right's Blog". The subtitle of which is "MY THOUGHTS ON PRO-MASCULISM AND ANTI-FEMINISM." Interesting.

Another UK-based blog has an article "Gender Equality is Not Possible" and includes a before and after picture of Hilary Clinton looking like an angry feminazi before reading his blog and an after
photo (photoshopped) of her smiling head placed on a bikini model. Also includes this gem..."Firstly, most of the leading feminists are severely dysfunctional 'women' and/or they are a particular type of lesbian" followed by an obligatory blurb about "I'm not homophobic, blah, blah, blah...I just try to insult women by accusing her of being the worst thing in the world...not attracted to men!"

Facinating!

You want to know my real thoughts? The MR movement is in the process of being hijacked by woman-hating masculinists. A growing group of little boys who never grew up past 15 are now attempting to include themselves in an otherwise legit movement. And it seems the one thing that bonds this new, angry group is the simultaneous fascination and fear of female sexuality. Indeed, it seems most of the misogynist MRA rants eventually end up on the same subject; women's sexuality. Here's a great summation from yet another anti-feminist "MRA" blog.

In a free sexual market, ugly women are the greatest losers. Feminism is the political process of transferring sexual power from the young and beautiful to the old and ugly(females).

Nope, no connection there between the sexually-driven violence against women perpetrated by Sodini or the countless rapes of women in the world!

Legitimate, pro-woman MRA's need to address this apparent misogynistic eclipse of their movement.

Last edited:
I don't think that most MRA's endorse violent behavior. I think they occasionally have a point to be made; for example, I think they make a case about the court's default position of giving custody of kids in a divorce to the woman. This affects me personally, as well; my half-brother had two kids with a legitimately psychologically disturbed woman. The Louisiana courts gave custody of their children to her as the default position. In that time, the mother has been teaching the girls to steal from, has been telling her children blatant lies about their father and so on. He has spent a lot of money in family court fighting for custody of the girls, but because there is no empirical proof to her behavior, the courts are refusing to change custody.

Then at least you partially understand. By the way, if you want to see the extremes some men are driven to because of the anti-male bias of the courts, read about Thomas Ball: Thomas James Ball Self-Immolated in Protest of the “Justice” System - Free Keene

That being said, MRA is an umbrella term. It includes gay male activism, legal advocate's for men and their supporters as well as other, rather small activists who consider themselves MRA's. However, the aspect I find the most prevalent in the current MRA group are masculinists; those who promote the idea that feminism, that is, the struggle of women for equality, health services and safety, is an anti-male position.
MRA's do not believe the "struggle for equality, health care, and safety" is anti-male. They believe that feminist organizations have long ago gone beyond simply being an advocate for these things, and have adopted anti-male platforms.

I recognize this is only one shade of the entire MRA scale, but it seems to be the most common incarnation of the movement now. The current status of the MRA movement seems to take a particularly reactionary view of gender issues and they often make fairly transparent jabs at real equality issues; protesting "Ladie's Nights" at clubs as if they were on the same footing as demanding equality in health services or fighting back against rape, for instance.

Ladies' night is a rather trivial issue. But feminists are no less guilty of protesting trivial issues. I recall years ago them protesting that hurricanes were only given female names and not male ones, and this resulted in the NOAA starting to give hurricanes male names.

Some MRA arguments, also, are so often based in purely stereotypical assumptions, it's laughable. "American culture is so 'feminized" (whatever that means), that masculine traits are discouraged". Which may be, except for commercials, movies, video games, TV shows, asdvertising, music, etc, etc, etc. And what traits are these that you claim are exclusively masculine? Seems the gist is that society frowns on brutish, borish, piggish behavior and I guess MRA's are fighting the good fight to restore those precious lost values.

Society has become more feminized, that is, favorable to females. Males are becoming increasingly powerless and women more powerful over the last few decades. More women than men go to college. Women control most of the wealth in this country. Portraying traditional masculinity in a positive way is frowned upon. You mentioned commercials. Men are often made out to be bumbling idiots and inept fools in commercials. Top 10: Worst Male-Bashing Ads - AskMen

You want to know my real thoughts? The MR movement is in the process of being hijacked by woman-hating masculinists. A growing group of little boys who never grew up past 15 are now attempting to include themselves in an otherwise legit movement. And it seems the one thing that bonds this new, angry group is the simultaneous fascination and fear of female sexuality. Indeed, it seems most of the misogynist MRA rants eventually end up on the same subject; women's sexuality.

I disagree. There may be misogynists that jump onto the MRM, but they're a minority. Feminism was hijacked by man-haters in the late 60's, and since then has been more about chastizing men than "promoting equality". Feminist quotes:

"If life is to survive on this planet, there must be a decontamination of the Earth. I think this will be accompanied by an evolutionary process that will result in a drastic reduction of the population of males." --Mary Daly, former Professor at Boston College, 2001.

"All men are rapists and that's all they are" -- Marilyn French, Authoress; (later, advisoress to Al Gore's Presidential Campaign.)

"The proportion of men must be reduced to and maintained at approximately 10% of the human race." -- Sally Miller Gearhart, in The Future - If There Is One - Is Female.

"I feel that 'man-hating' is an honorable and viable political act, that the oppressed have a right to class-hatred against the class that is oppressing them." -- Robin Morgan, Ms. Magazine Editor

"Men love death. In everything they make, they hollow out a central place for death, let its rancid smell contaminate every dimension of whatever still survives. Men especially love murder. In art they celebrate it, and in life they commit it. They embrace murder as if life without it would be devoid of passion, meaning, and action, as if murder were solace, stilling their sobs as they mourn the emptiness and alienation of their lives."-- Andrea Dworkin

Men's Rights Blog: Feminist quotes

I don't think it's prevalent, and I certainly don't agree with using violence to achieve such goals.

I do think that men's rights and anti-feminism is a natural response to the hypocrisy that a lot of feminists espouse, and in some ways, I agree with them.

I don't think it's prevalent, and I certainly don't agree with using violence to achieve such goals.

I do think that men's rights and anti-feminism is a natural response to the hypocrisy that a lot of feminists espouse, and in some ways, I agree with them.

So sexism in MRA communities isn't prevalent, but hypocrisy in feminism is rampant?

What "hypocrisy" are you referencing in particular?

Last edited:
So sexism in MRA communities isn't prevalent,

My statement was referring to the fact that I don't think the kind of violent misogyny you were referring to is prevalent among the men's rights community. I'm sure sexism is quite prevalent among men's rights advocates just as it is among feminists.

but hypocrisy in feminism is rampant?

In my experience, yes, it is.

What "hypocrisy" are you referencing in particular?

The hypocrisy of stating they want equality, when in reality they actually want all the benefits of equality and none of the drawbacks.

My statement was referring to the fact that I don't think the kind of violent misogyny you were referring to is prevalent among the men's rights community. I'm sure sexism is quite prevalent among men's rights advocates just as it is among feminists.

I've distinguished between the various sects of the Men's Right's Groups. I don't think you're giving "feminists" the same consideration.

Well, it hasn't been in mine.

The hypocrisy of stating they want equality, when in reality they actually want all the benefits of equality and none of the drawbacks.

That's a pretty general statement. Do you mean like breaking the glass ceiling in the corporate world, and then complaining about sexual harassment by the boy's club up at the top? That kind of drawback? Cause that's just another BS sexist action by immature men. It's not "hypocritical" to expect a modicum of respect in a workplace.

I couldn't finish reading the quotes, just too disturbing.

And really, "Men's rights" :lol:

Not much to fight for there, just ridiculous.

That's a pretty general statement. Do you mean like breaking the glass ceiling in the corporate world, and then complaining about sexual harassment by the boy's club up at the top? That kind of drawback? Cause that's just another BS sexist action by immature men. It's not "hypocritical" to expect a modicum of respect in a workplace.

I mean things like fighting for the right to abort, but fighting hard against a man's right to abdicate responsibility for a child. Or being perfectly okay with the way men get habitually screwed in divorces, both in cases of child custody and monetarily.

Women didn't kill men out of anger, spite, or jealousy when they were fighting for rights...

I couldn't finish reading the quotes, just too disturbing.

And really, "Men's rights" :lol:

Not much to fight for there, just ridiculous.

They were disgusting. Most went something like.... how dare women refuse to have sex with us

No man I have ever been close to has displayed anything like this, but that is probably because there is no way in hell I'd put up with it. I know my worth, and for the most part, I attract really good guys who do see me as an equal partner.

But I have had fleeting encounters with misogynists of varying degrees, I have friends who have dated them, and it does not surprise me such men exist. All it takes for me to know such men exist is for me to go to any bar or club and wait for some lounge lizard to start aggressively trying to hump my leg. It happens probably about 50% of the time. And they get all offended when their boorish overtures fail to sway me. I suspect such "men" are the same sort who feel they are entitled to get laid simply for being men.

Those are some pretty disgusting comments. But sadly, not surprising.

It's kind of funny you think having equality involves drawbacks. Most feminists talk about male issues like child support and divorce. In fact, when a thread is started on feminism or a feminist issue, I always seem the same groups of males highjack the thread and complain about feminism and male inequality. Usually, most women will agree there is male inequality. We notice it. We acknowledge it, etc. But it doesn't seem like the same men allow women to discuss sexism towards women, or are willing to acknowledge it. It's really annoying.

If a woman complains about inequality, and then a man responds that he has it worse. She says, yes... men do face sexist institutions today regarding their gender. End of discussion.

I wish more men would say, yes... you're right, that is sexist too. Instead it looks like they downplay feminine sexist institutions.

Ironically, that's probably the same hypocritical attitude you're complaining about in the early feminist movement.

No man I have ever been close to has displayed anything like this, but that is probably because there is no way in hell I'd put up with it. I know my worth, and for the most part, I attract really good guys who do see me as an equal partner.

But I have had fleeting encounters with misogynists of varying degrees, I have friends who have dated them, and it does not surprise me such men exist. All it takes for me to know such men exist is for me to go to any bar or club and wait for some lounge lizard to start aggressively trying to hump my leg. It happens probably about 50% of the time. And they get all offended when their boorish overtures fail to sway me. I suspect such "men" are the same sort who feel they are entitled to get laid simply for being men.

It's why I don't go out to bars that often with my friends, that kind of behavior is just really intolerable. Even worse when there's not even a chance I would find anyone of them slightly attractive.

I read something a rapist wrote about why men rape... or at least why he raped. It was the same attitude. He just felt like he was entitled to have sex with anybody he wanted. He also said he enjoyed the feeling of knowing he got to have sex with every women he desired more than the actual sex. One encounter only lasted a few minutes, and he complained the the she was scared stiff and kept grinding her teeth the entire time.

After I read that, it made me feel a little messed up for a few days.

I mean things like fighting for the right to abort, but fighting hard against a man's right to abdicate responsibility for a child. Or being perfectly okay with the way men get habitually screwed in divorces, both in cases of child custody and monetarily.

I happen to be a feminist who strongly supports men's right to abdicate responsibility in cases where he was not consulted, and fixing the extremely unjust divorce/custody system, and my posting history on DP will attest to that. I fully acknowledge inequalities that hurt men do exist. A lot of feminists do. I think you painting feminists as some sort of anti-men force is disingenuous. Most are not.

I will admit some of my positions are unpopular, but I've had a lot of success swaying other feminists simply by laying out my reasoning. In a lot of cases, it's simply that they never thought about it before or didn't realize exactly what the issues were. It's not at all that they are anti-men.

I think using the minority who are misandrist as a way to minimize how disgusting these comments are is a little twisted. There is no justification for this sort of hatred, no matter what the other side is doing. The fact that prejudices against men exist does not diminish the wrongness of prejudice against women. They are the same level of wrong, no matter what the other side is doing.

Last edited:
It's why I don't go out to bars that often with my friends, that kind of behavior is just really intolerable. Even worse when there's not even a chance I would find anyone of them slightly attractive.

I hate bars and the men in bars too. One guy bought me a drink and told he wasn't from around here. He was just in town because his grandma died, and would leave after the funeral. Pretty convenient, ugh? Not to mention he is in town to bury a family member, and he is in a bar drinking and partying.

He wouldn't leave me the hell alone for anything.

Another guy at a dance club wouldn't leave me alone. He kept dancing behind him, and I was with my friends. He was rubbing crotch on my butt, and I didn't even know. I eventually cussed him out. :lamo

I happen to be a feminist who strongly supports men's right to abdicate responsibility in cases where he was not consulted, and fixing the extremely unjust divorce/custody system, and my posting history on DP will attest to that. I fully acknowledge inequalities that hurt men do exist. A lot of feminists do. I think you painting feminists as some sort of anti-men force is disingenuous. Most are not.

I will admit some of my positions are unpopular, but I've had a lot of success swaying other feminists simply by laying out my reasoning. In a lot of cases, it's simply that they never thought about it before or didn't realize exactly what the issues were. It's not at all that they are anti-men.

I think using the minority who are misandrist as a way to minimize how disgusting these comments are is a little twisted. There is no justification for this sort of hatred, no matter what the other side is doing. The fact that prejudices against men exist does not diminish the wrongness of prejudice against women. They are the same level of wrong, no matter what the other side is doing.

Most feminist I know take the same position as you. I was involved with the feminist club at my university, and there were a lot of males involved. In fact, I was surrounded by more male feminists before I was around female feminists. They all had the same belief system... equality. They all acknowledged the sexist institutions of both genders.

SheWolf said:
It's kind of funny you think having equality involves drawbacks. Most feminists talk about male issues like child support and divorce. In fact, when a thread is started on feminism or a feminist issue, I always seem the same groups of males highjack the thread and complain about feminism and male inequality. Usually, most women will agree there is male inequality. We notice it. We acknowledge it, etc. But it doesn't seem like the same men allow women to discuss sexism towards women, or are willing to acknowledge it. It's really annoying.

If a woman complains about inequality, and then a man responds that he has it worse. She says, yes... men do face sexist institutions today regarding their gender. End of discussion.

I wish more men would say, yes... you're right, that is sexist too. Instead it looks like they downplay feminine sexist institutions.

Ironically, that's probably the same hypocritical attitude you're complaining about in the early feminist movement.

There are pros and cons to both genders. What MD is saying (and I agree with him) is that women are too quick to demand a pro without balancing it out with a con.

True gender equality would be something many women would not like, because it forces them to give away an upper hand and reduce the situations available for manipulation. I get sick to my stomach when some guy says, "I would never hit a woman for any reason". Secretly, I wish a woman would just beat the hell out of him. It serves him right.

Affirmative Action has created a system where men have a higher unemployment rate than women. The FMLA was created to cater to women and obvious physical weaknesses. Gender-based income disparity has become a myth. Trust me - being a woman these days is a pretty sweet deal.

If they want true equality, I'm all in favor, since I think I'm fighting from the losing position in this millenium.

Men without families are unmoored from society, and indeed prone to violence. We have raised up in the last couple of decades generations that include large portions of failed men - and we can probably expect to see more of this kind of behavior in the future. This is not a small part of the reason why I am so strongly in favor of concealed-carry laws; women in general are going to be disadvantaged against an angry male who has decided to turn to violence; but a nice li'l 9 mil in the purse evens things up wonderfully. In addition, I support the death penalty for violent rape (not rape of the "I decided later I was embarrassed" or "She told me she was 18 but she was 17" variety).

Another guy at a dance club wouldn't leave me alone. He kept dancing behind him, and I was with my friends. He was rubbing crotch on my butt, and I didn't even know. I eventually cussed him out. :lamo

Probably went back to his table, "That ****ing bitch over there, can you believe her? I was being nice to her and she just freaked out on me!"

That's the attitude that is my problem. It's like you said, many men feel entitled to sex with women.

Back
Top Bottom