• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Misnomer-No Fly Zone-Actually WMD zone

DaveFagan

Iconoclast
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
My observation on the "No Fly Zone" is that the coalition has bombarded Libyans with huge amounts of depleted uranium and that if it was done to the USA we would by screaming "WMDs", a la Jose Padilla. The "rebels" in Libya are just as likely to be al Quedas as Republicans. The rebels seem to be the umemployed between ages of 18 27 and from the same demographic that exists in the USA, except in the USA they don't get free education, housing, and healthcare. I must be missing something here! Is there a rumor that Libya has lots of easily recoverable sweet crude that will likely flow into the "status quo" of the Centralized Distribution Network? Somebody please put real names on Centralized Distribution Network.

My observation on the "No Fly Zone" is that the coalition has bombarded Libyans with huge amounts of depleted uranium and that if it was done to the USA we would by screaming "WMDs", a la Jose Padilla.
I don't think so. Depleted uranium munitions are most commonly used by Abrams tanks and Warthogs.

My observation on the "No Fly Zone" is that the coalition has bombarded Libyans with huge amounts of depleted uranium and that if it was done to the USA we would by screaming "WMDs", a la Jose Padilla. The "rebels" in Libya are just as likely to be al Quedas as Republicans. The rebels seem to be the umemployed between ages of 18 27 and from the same demographic that exists in the USA, except in the USA they don't get free education, housing, and healthcare. I must be missing something here! Is there a rumor that Libya has lots of easily recoverable sweet crude that will likely flow into the "status quo" of the Centralized Distribution Network? Somebody please put real names on Centralized Distribution Network.

Do you even know what depleted Uranium is? It has little to do with WMDs.

I don't think so. Depleted uranium munitions are most commonly used by Abrams tanks and Warthogs.
What kind of warhead would you put on an expensive Tomahawk missile and anti-tank weapons?

"Do you even know what depleted Uranium is? It has little to do with WMDs."
It is only DU when it is on the projectile. When it strikes and penetrates the DU is 70% vaporized and one of the vapors is uranium oxide and lethal and toxic and the dust emits alpha rays for half a billion years. Background radiation levels in some areas of Baghdad
are 1800 times normal.

What kind of warhead would you put on an expensive Tomahawk missile and anti-tank weapons?

"Do you even know what depleted Uranium is? It has little to do with WMDs."
It is only DU when it is on the projectile. When it strikes and penetrates the DU is 70% vaporized and one of the vapors is uranium oxide and lethal and toxic and the dust emits alpha rays for half a billion years. Background radiation levels in some areas of Baghdad
are 1800 times normal.

Tomahawk (missile) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Warhead Conventional: 1,000 lb (450 kg) Bullpup, or submunitions dispenser with BLU-97/B Combined Effects Bomb, or a 200kt (840 Tj) W80 nuclear device (inactivated in accordance with SALT)

Nowhere does it make any mention of DU. I don't know what weapons specifically the US is using to take out the tanks, but the only weapon we could potentially be using that has DU is GAU-8 Avenger cannon rounds on the A-10 Warthog. It would hardly qualify as WMD. Where precisely is the "massive destruction?"

Last edited:
I was a Weapons System Officer in the military. I fired missiles. Sorry bud, but you can't BS me.

You haven't a clue about what you're trying to peddle.

That's why your thread here wound up in the Conspiracy forum.

the only references to this I see online are conspiracy nutter sites.

Applications

While the US Navy claims that they have replaced the MK149-2 Phalanx round with a DU penetrator by the MK149-4 Phalanx round with a tungsten penetrator (with the DU round remaining in the inventory) [89], new types of DU ammunition are being developed for other weapons systems, such as the M919 rounds for Bradley fighting vehicles. Depleted uranium is also placed into the tips of the BGM-109 Tomahawk land-attack cruise missiles (TLAM) during test flights to provide weight and stability [24]. The TLAM missile has a range of 680 nautical miles (1,260 km) and is able to carry a conventional warhead of 1000 lb. (454 kg). Older warheads were steel encased. In order to increase the missile range to 1,000 nautical miles (1,850 km), the latest Tomahawk cruise missiles carry a lighter 700 lb. (318 kg) warhead WDU-36 developed in 1993, which is encased in titanium with a depleted uranium tip [47], [74], [92], [74].

3.5 Heavy Tank Armor
Depleted uranium is also used to reinforce the armor protection of M1 series tanks. US Army publicly revealed the use of DU armor in March 1987. As of 1993, the US Army acquired about 1,500 Abrams M1A1 tanks fitted with DU armor, with plans for 3,000 more [24]. When used in armor, DU is inserted into a "sleeve" in the regular steel armor of a tank, then welded shut. Tank turrets containing Abrams Heavy Armor (AHA) are marked by a "U" (for uranium) near the right side grenade launcher as part of the turret serial number [35].

3.6 Proliferation of DU Weapons
The United States is no longer the only country with DU munitions. Depleted uranium weapons have been acquired by 17 countries including Britain, France, Russia, Greece, Turkey, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Egypt, Kuwait, Pakistan, Thailand, South Korea, Taiwan, and other countries which the Pentagon will not disclose for national security reasons. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) export licenses reveal the United States to be a major supplier of DU for military systems [33], [54], [88].

While the US Navy claims that they have replaced the MK149-2 Phalanx round with a DU penetrator by the MK149-4 Phalanx round with a tungsten penetrator (with the DU round remaining in the inventory) [89], new types of DU ammunition are being developed for other weapons systems, such as the M919 rounds for Bradley fighting vehicles. Depleted uranium is also placed into the tips of the BGM-109 Tomahawk land-attack cruise missiles (TLAM) during test flights to provide weight and stability [24]. The TLAM missile has a range of 680 nautical miles (1,260 km) and is able to carry a conventional warhead of 1000 lb. (454 kg). Older warheads were steel encased. In order to increase the missile range to 1,000 nautical miles (1,850 km), the latest Tomahawk cruise missiles carry a lighter 700 lb. (318 kg) warhead WDU-36 developed in 1993, which is encased in titanium with a depleted uranium tip [47], [74], [92], [74].

1) The Phalanx is not being used against ground forces in Libya.
2) As far as DU use in TLAMs is concerned, your own source says that it is used in TEST FLIGHTS. Conventional explosive warheads are the norm.

3.5 Heavy Tank Armor
Depleted uranium is also used to reinforce the armor protection of M1 series tanks. US Army publicly revealed the use of DU armor in March 1987. As of 1993, the US Army acquired about 1,500 Abrams M1A1 tanks fitted with DU armor, with plans for 3,000 more [24]. When used in armor, DU is inserted into a "sleeve" in the regular steel armor of a tank, then welded shut. Tank turrets containing Abrams Heavy Armor (AHA) are marked by a "U" (for uranium) near the right side grenade launcher as part of the turret serial number [35].

So, DU is used in tank armor. Why? Because it is dense. This should not be news to anyone. Again, this has literally nothing to do with air attacks on Gaddafi's forces in Libya.

And I fail to see how any of this is proof of the "background radiation of 1800 times greater than normal in Iraq" claim, and it does not have jack **** to do with WMD.

Last edited:
Applications

3.5 Heavy Tank Armor

3.6 Proliferation of DU Weapons
The United States is no longer the only country with DU munitions. Depleted uranium weapons have been acquired by 17 countries including Britain, France, Russia, Greece, Turkey, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Egypt, Kuwait, Pakistan, Thailand, South Korea, Taiwan, and other countries which the Pentagon will not disclose for national security reasons. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) export licenses reveal the United States to be a major supplier of DU for military systems [33], [54], [88].

THAT is your refutation? That some site called ratical.org says it, so it MUSt be true?

You give the rest of the truthers a bad name :rofl:

here's the contact info for the registrant of ratical.org...
Registrant ID:CR30491022
Registrant Name:david ratcliffe
Registrant Organization:rat haus 501(3)(c)
Registrant Street1:567 35th Avenue
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:Santa Cruz
Registrant State/Province:California
Registrant Postal Code:95062
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+1.8314791053
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email:dave@ratical.org
some 503(c) truther nutjob.

Last edited:
I'm certainly glad you are the opposite of a "smartass." I do dislikes a smartass. You'll note that the Tomahawk and DU are in the breaking news section and not conspiracy theories. I do hope you can reconcile the anomalous nature of your simple disconnects. Not to worry, probably too many carbohydrates. Always do you homework so as not to bring an empty assignment to class. Get the ladies club to update your sources.

I'm certainly glad you are the opposite of a "smartass." I do dislikes a smartass. You'll note that the Tomahawk and DU are in the breaking news section and not conspiracy theories. I do hope you can reconcile the anomalous nature of your simple disconnects. Not to worry, probably too many carbohydrates. Always do you homework so as not to bring an empty assignment to class. Get the ladies club to update your sources.

I can't help it if your source for something you said is a truther nutjob website. Find a better source that has the same information, and maybe you'll be taken seriously.

I can't help it if your source for something you said is a truther nutjob website. Find a better source that has the same information, and maybe you'll be taken seriously.

Please provide a reputable source for your "truther nutjob website" baseless insinuations. Include all pertinent links. I presume your "Logic Error" notice at the bottom of your posts is similar to a poison sign on bad water. Thanks for the warning.

Whovian said:
Please provide a reputable source for your "truther nutjob website" baseless insinuations. Include all pertinent links. I presume your "Logic Error" notice at the bottom of your posts is similar to a poison sign on bad water. Thanks for the warning.
It's called an OPINION. It does not require proof, links, etc.

You, however, used the nut-jobs site as factual evidence of something you obviously know little to nothing about. Nor does the nut-job in question. Like I said... find a reputable source with the same information if you want anyone on this board to do anything other than mock your every post.

3/25/2011

It should have been a secret deal among US, Great Britain and France.

Libya's oil interest has been sold to head countries of the NATO to exchange their support of Iran war. That's why France is so active to bomb Libya. War on Iran needs justification - a 911 alike terror attack. Britain and France would allow such false flag "terror attack" taking place in their territory. That possibly would be a dirty bomb attack.

Watch for the coming “terror attack” on Eiffle Tower, though in the name of “Islamic extremists”, actually from the puppets of western intelligence.

Back
Top Bottom