• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Minority Rule Cannot Last in America

Well educated societies are marked by higher voter participation.
We have allowed education to wither and rot in this country for forty years.
The voting system and representation were designed by the slaver founders to be undemocratic, unequal, and unfair.

It doesn't surprise me that you support the liberal notion of educational supremacy, and that you falsely blame progressives for neoliberal failures.

What's with all of these "conservatives" with Canadian flags posting about American politics?
"Damn DP for letting foreigners exercise their right to free speech!"

But it's not the "handful of Battleground states". It can seem like that, because of all the attention, but it isn't. California still has more EC votes than any battleground state. That California is so lopsided in their ideology, making them ignored during campaign season, doesn't change that.

Dont see much of an argument there for keeping the EC.

Well educated societies are marked by higher voter participation.
We have allowed education to wither and rot in this country for forty years.

I would say longer than 40 years....probably closer to 60.

"Damn DP for letting foreigners exercise their right to free speech!"
Chuckle. Nice try. Grab a participation trophy on your way out.

I accept your half-assed challenge to debate the unequal voting-powers that result from the Electoral College.

No point in debating you, you won't change your mind, you are like a 4 year old who didn't get their way so they stamp their feet and shout unfair to the world.....

So go ahead with your tantrum.

The voting system and representation were designed by the slaver founders to be undemocratic, unequal, and unfair.

It doesn't surprise me that you support the liberal notion of educational supremacy, and that you falsely blame progressives for neoliberal failures.

Now all you have to do is show us where I blamed the progressive movement for anything.

Oh and, while you're at it, show us all where I ever said that our voting system was perfect, or even fair.

Your rants about that are in your comment history.

That's not going to fly.
If you're so lazy that you can't be bothered to back anything up with a concrete example, perhaps you should learn to trim back your impotent rage a bit.
Running around with your hair on fire and making baseless empty accusations at people you barely know is the mark of both intellectual AND emotional immaturity.

That's not going to fly.
If you're so lazy that you can't be bothered to back anything up with a concrete example, perhaps you should learn to trim back your impotent rage a bit.
Running around with your hair on fire and making baseless empty accusations at people you barely know is the mark of both intellectual AND emotional immaturity.

What if it's only one of those two?

That's not going to fly.
I don't need to bother finding one of your rants about "woke" progressives because it's common knowledge for anyone that sees your commentary. You know it's true; your ending judgment points back at you.

Dont see much of an argument there for keeping the EC.

Because our nation was very specifically created to balance out the issue of tyranny of the majority. Now, you'll have people bring up the red herring of "tyranny of the minority" or "minority rule", like you see in this thread, but they are almost always talking about the minority having power to obstruct. The U.S. has never been more liberal than it is today. This has been a constant movement in that direct.

I'm not even saying all of it is bad. A lot of that move has been very good. Not all of it is, though, and having a system that slows down the speed in which change can happen is a good, think, imo.

So...no, no proof.....because what you idiotically said is that fly over republicans do things for high dollar coastal donators.....with no proof...and when asked for proof.....you spout ideological bullshit? Figures.
Sure man. Whatever diversion gives you your safe space.

I don't need to bother finding one of your rants about "woke" progressives because it's common knowledge for anyone that sees your commentary. You know it's true; your ending judgment points back at you.

Hate to burst your bubble two different ways but in a debate forum, if you make an accusation and you don't back it up, that is a form of trolling. It's definitely not debate. The other problem you have is the presence of successful progressives, of which there are plenty. Looks like you're not in those ranks however, but I know enough of them.
And the "permanently and perennially offended ultra-woke" bunch make the lives of successful progressives harder in a variety of ways, chief among them being your absolute and utter failure in both messaging and communication as a whole.

Now comes the juncture at which you must decide which failed comeback you will pick from, the "no true scotsman" theory or the "you can't possibly know our pain" letter in the form of a yet another baseless accusation, perhaps even a dozen or more in rapid succession.
Personally, I eagerly look forward to the latter, as it is rare to see people on the Left do Gish Galloping.

If you choose that approach it will be another black swan event here on DP.

Sure man. Whatever diversion gives you your safe space.

No diversion, no safe space, I asked for proof, you babbled more.......so either you have no ****ing idea what you are talking about.....or you have no idea how to find the proof to back up your word salad...

Hate to burst your bubble two different ways but in a debate forum, if you make an accusation and you don't back it up, that is a form of trolling. It's definitely not debate. The other problem you have is the presence of successful progressives, of which there are plenty. Looks like you're not in those ranks however, but I know enough of them.
And the "permanently and perennially offended ultra-woke" bunch make the lives of successful progressives harder in a variety of ways, chief among them being your absolute and utter failure in both messaging and communication as a whole.

Now comes the juncture at which you must decide which failed comeback you will pick from, the "no true scotsman" theory or the "you can't possibly know our pain" letter in the form of a yet another baseless accusation, perhaps even a dozen or more in rapid succession.
Personally, I eagerly look forward to the latter, as it is rare to see people on the Left do Gish Galloping.

If you choose that approach it will be another black swan event here on DP.
I don't have to look in your comment history because you just repeated your position. Don't get me wrong, we probably align on some things. It's just that some of your messaging, methods, and probably principles need some work- unless you're truly a neoliberal.

Recent example of your messaging: "REFORM POLICE."

Your details on (what I've seen you post about) policing are pretty good.

No diversion, no safe space, I asked for proof, you babbled more.......so either you have no ****ing idea what you are talking about.....or you have no idea how to find the proof to back up your word salad...
Pretty sure any proof I would provide you consider fake news or some such. So what is the point? Republican politicians work openly for their donors and lie to your faces while they do it.

The excuses they give you rely on decades of conditioning. There is apperently no limit to what you will swallow.

Because our nation was very specifically created to balance out the issue of tyranny of the majority.
No it wasn't, that is childish propaganda. Democracy only existed for a small minority of white land owners and the EC itself was designed to protect a very particular minority, southern slave owners.

Pretty sure any proof I would provide you consider fake news or some such. So what is the point? Republican politicians work openly for their donors and lie to your faces while they do it.

The excuses they give you rely on decades of conditioning. There is apperently no limit to what you will swallow.

So you are making an argument against providing proof, so you don't have to provide proof, ****ing fantastic,

Pretty much guarantees you are talking out of your ass.

So you are making an argument against providing proof, so you don't have to provide proof, ****ing fantastic,

Pretty much guarantees you are talking out of your ass.
Actually I can't remember the first point. I thought I had answered it. Reread it and still thought I had. So I've just been throwing off the first thing that comes to mind in response to your demands.

Does not make any difference to you what I say or evinenc i could provide. Nothing can alter your reality. Only you can do that.

Actually I can't remember the first point. I thought I had answered it. Reread it and still thought I had. So I've just been throwing off the first thing that comes to mind in response to your demands.

Does not make any difference to you what I say or evinenc i could provide. Nothing can alter your reality. Only you can do that.

Again, regurgitating bullshit thinking you are making a point, you said that fly over Republicans, are essentially disloyal to their constituents in favor of coastal donors, prove that......you said it, back it up, i've only asked several times now for you to completely **** yourself and unable to prove it, and then say whatever you bring I will say it's fake etc etc etc, that's just bullshit, either you can prove it, or you are talking out of your ass.

Which is it?

I don't know about you, but stuffing the ballot box wouldn't be my first choice. There is video of election workers in swing states doing just that. What surprises me is how careless and sloppy they were. This ain't over yet.
You didn't answer my question. How would you feel if 60% of voters voted one way and got 40% of the results but the other side got 40 % of the votes and 60% of the results? Simple question.

Okay, 'installed' per the concept..

Nitpicking.

We already have it, at the state level. You get one vote per person, in the state. That will give you the results of who wins the state and then the state will award the EC votes however they deem it should be done. We don't do a direct vote for the President for a good reason.

Back
Top Bottom