• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mindblowing #IranElection Stats: 221,744 Tweets Per Hour at Peak

DeeJayH

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Mindblowing #IranElection Stats: 221,744 Tweets Per Hour at Peak

While we knew that these social tools have been instrumental to the Iranian protests (so much so that the U.S. Government asked Twitter to reschedule downtime), we had no idea about the actual number of tweets sent or YouTube videos uploaded until now. Thanks to the social media trend tracker Trendrr, we can show you the sheer scale of the #IranElection crisis discussion.

Use of the #IranElection hashtag is extraordinary as well.

The Blogosphere: 2,250,000 Blog Posts in 24 hours
There are now over 19,000,000 blog posts that discuss Iran in some fashion, but in the last 24 hours, 2,250,000 posts were published.

That’s nearly 12% of all blog posts related to Iran

YouTube: 184,500 Videos on Iran, 3000 in One Day
and for those who missed the news about Social Media
Social Networking Surpasses Email Popularity

and this all makes me think back a couple of years when i was laughed at, here and IRL, when i said I believed Iran would probably fall from within. not sure that it will occur now, but just goes to show, we may not need to go to war with Iran. It may progress rapidly on its own, that is if the powers that be, wish to retain power

atleast now i know why no replies. it does not show up on New Posts search
guess i will meander down to Feedback forum later

I have been following this on twitter, and my Iranian friend Perham is on my facebook friends list. It has been an amazing experience to feel so connected to people halfway around the world.

This is the start of true globalization. It began with companies and government interaction, but now the barriers of fallen to allow individual citizens of the world to connect as they never have. Ideas can be shared, and even revolutions coordinated from thousands of miles away.

The world is now indeed flat.

This is the start of true globalization. It began with companies and government interaction, but now the barriers of fallen to allow individual citizens of the world to connect as they never have. Ideas can be shared, and even revolutions coordinated from thousands of miles away.

The world is now indeed flat.
and the universe revolves around us :2party::lol:

and the universe revolves around us :2party::lol:

For now, but do not get too comfortable. Here today, gone tomorrow. That is the problem with a global world, everything is accelerated, like China's rise in the world economy.

An ¨other¨view on Twitter?
In response to our recent post, which traced the bulk of the #IranElection twitter spam back to an article in JPost rather than “Iranian Students”, the Jerusalem newspaper has removed the evidence by altering their June 14th article (luckily, we kept the screenshot). JPost has also written a response to our allegations.

We argued that the onslaught of #IranElection tweets may not have been the work of “Iranian students” as claimed but rather a group of people promoting the political interests of the right-wing of Israeli politics with the aim of magnifying the social unrest which followed the Iranian election.

In researching the origin of the thousands of tweets and retweets, we noticed that only a hand full of people were at the core of the #IranElection spam. After preforming a simple google search which sought to find when/where 2 of these people were mentioned together we found a JPost article which became the basis of our assertion.
JPost Removes the Evidence and Issues a Response #IranElection | Charting Stocks
could Twitter be used as a weapon?

Back
Top Bottom