• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Michael, Kobe, or Lebron?

Who is the best?

• Total voters

donhughesmusic

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Curious what everyone thinks. I'll wait to say mine and why once discussion starts.

Michael Jordon - hands down, final answer.
Imagine Michael in today's game with no hand checking and no 3 second violation (that wasn't a rule until 2000).

Also, imagine the more steals he would get with his ability to play the passing lanes in the perimeter.

LeBron James is the GOAT and it is not even close.

Ok.. In my lifetime(age late 60s).. Hockey.. Gretzky... Basketball... Jordan... Football... Defense - LT.. RB-Sayers.. QB-Marino... Baseball... Offense - Griffey Jr.. Pitcher-Seaver...

LeBron James is the GOAT and it is not even close.
What are you basing your opinion on?

NBA Championships - Jordan 6, James 4
NBA Finals MVP - Jordan 6, James 4
NBA MVP - Jordan 5, James 4
NBA Defensive Player Of The Year - Jordan 1, James 0
NBA Scoring Leader - Jordan 10, James 1
NBA Steals Leader - Jordan 3, James 0
NBA Assists Leader - Jordan 0, Lebron 1
NBA Minutes Played Leader - Jordan 3, James 3

All this was done with Jordan playing 15 seasons, and Lebron currently in his 19th. All this was also done when hand checking was legal in Jordan's era, and the 3 second violation was put into effect only during Jordan's time in Washington, while James did not have to deal with people camping in the lane at all during his career.

As far as now subjective reasons, Lebron did not have guys like Laimbeer knocking him out of the air and it not be a flagrant foul, or the Bad Boys Pistons damn near tackling people, or guys like Barkley and Malone to be in the lane when he drove. Today's game is nowhere near as physically punishing as it was in the 80s and 90s.

The correct order is in your thread title.

All this was done with Jordan playing 15 seasons, and Lebron currently in his 19th. All this was also done when hand checking was legal in Jordan's era, and the 3 second violation was put into effect only during Jordan's time in Washington, while James did not have to deal with people camping in the lane at all during his career.

As far as now subjective reasons, Lebron did not have guys like Laimbeer knocking him out of the air and it not be a flagrant foul, or the Bad Boys Pistons damn near tackling people, or guys like Barkley and Malone to be in the lane when he drove. Today's game is nowhere near as physically punishing as it was in the 80s and 90s.

The players in today's game are much more skillful and talented. That is a fact.

And Jordan attempted to switch to baseball in the peak of his basketball career. Imagine his numbers had he not.

You do realize LeBron has 3-4 years left?
Sure but sometimes greatness has to be understood not just in stats, because if Jordan did not leave basketball at the time he did, he would have put up unbeatable numbers.

Sure but sometimes greatness has to be understood not just in stats, because if Jordan did not leave basketball at the time he did, he would have put up unbeatable numbers.

He didn't leave basketball, not on his own accord.

Ok.. In my lifetime(age late 60s).. Hockey.. Gretzky... Basketball... Jordan... Football... Defense - LT.. RB-Sayers.. QB-Marino... Baseball... Offense - Griffey Jr.. Pitcher-Seaver...
Get serious - QB is Unitas, none better. The Willie Mays of quarterbacks, back when they could get decked by defensive linemen. Name a QB skill and he excelled at it, back when they called the plays.

“The best” measures who might be the most valuable to have on your team. But I believe that we also watch sport for its beauty: Willie Mays’ basket catches, Gayle Sayers’ lovely moves in the open field, Will Clark’s swing. Though one could say he was not the best, the prettiest basketball player I have ever seen was Dr. J — hands down.

Curious what everyone thinks. I'll wait to say mine and why once discussion starts.
Jordan is obviously first.

Kobe is Top Five

LeBron might not even be Top Ten.

Where in the Hell do people think LeBron is maybe a GOAT? Young kids with no perspective or historical knowldge.

Back
Top Bottom