• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Michael Hastings: Too Big Of A Coincidence?

I would appear that extra-judicial killings of American citizens is now a standard weapon in the security services' kitbag. I wonder if that's the legacy of the Obama administration that his supporters expected him to leave.

anda ,l dont think it is about obama

anda ,l dont think it is about obama

Yes and no. This kind of stuff is not being referred to the White House, nor is it emanating directly from the White House. I'm sure of that. What you cannot get away from is the fact that under this current administration the targeted non-judicial killing of their own citizens seems to have become seen as a legitimate (even if rarely used) option for their security services. The Obama White House and Pentagon appears to have created, or allowed to emerge, a culture of stepping beyond the checks and balances on the security services. That is a very dark thing for Obama to have on his résumé.

Yes and no. This kind of stuff is not being referred to the White House, nor is it emanating directly from the White House. I'm sure of that. What you cannot get away from is the fact that under this current administration the targeted non-judicial killing of their own citizens seems to have become seen as a legitimate (even if rarely used) option for their security services. The Obama White House and Pentagon appears to have created, or allowed to emerge, a culture of stepping beyond the checks and balances on the security services. That is a very dark thing for Obama to have on his résumé.

thats why l dont believe in this kind of democracy

they do everything wrong but teach the others how to be democrat

It was not perpendicular to the direction of travel. The motor was down the street from the crash... right where one would expect it to be after watching the video.

That "modern Mercedes" uses the same 4-point motor mount system found on just about every car from the past several decades. There is nothing fancy about it. There is also nothing unusual about an engine flying out in a crash like this. That "real force" you speak of?... The car hit a tree head-on at 90-100 mph, but not dead center in the front bumper. Because of the off center collision with the tree, the engine misses it and then flies out due to momentum. It bounces down the street and ends up on the sidewalk down the way.

There is plenty of suspicious **** about this whole thing without you flat-out making crap up like you did in the first post I quoted, or making uneducated statements like you did in the second. While nobody here can rule out a remote hacking via a covertly installed device hooked up to the OBD port, I can definitively tell you that the vehicle in the video was NOT bombed. It was crashed into a tree at a very high rate of speed.

You forgot to mention the role of leprechauns in this accident. It was THEY who moved the engine, it was they who started the fire, and it was THEY who cremated the body. :mrgreen:

You forgot to mention the role of leprechauns in this accident. It was THEY who moved the engine, it was they who started the fire, and it was THEY who cremated the body. :mrgreen:
ok that made me lol. You should have said gremlins though.

I'll go ahead and do what I've always done and that is stick to the physics and actual evidence. You're the one that believes in fantasy, so I'll leave the rampant speculation about leprechauns and gremlins and what role they played up to you and the other conspiracy lovers.

Oh and by the way... The crash moved the engine. The engine flying out ruptured the fuel lines. The ruptured fuel lines caused the fire. And the fire (at least partially) cremated the body.

See how that works? Nah, probably not.

I'll go ahead and do what I've always done and that is stick to the physics and actual evidence. You're the one that believes in fantasy, so I'll leave the rampant speculation about leprechauns and gremlins and what role they played up to you and the other conspiracy lovers.

Oh and by the way... The crash moved the engine. The engine flying out ruptured the fuel lines. The ruptured fuel lines caused the fire. And the fire (at least partially) cremated the body.

See how that works? Nah, probably not.

Dude

Have you seen those videos going around? Kinda cute.

Computer geeks with the right equipment can actually hijack a car's computer, and by remote control make the car do what they want. Very cool. Makes me glad I'm still driving a 1954 Chevy.

Do you suppose anybody in any federal agency has such capabilities?

Dude

Have you seen those videos going around? Kinda cute.

Computer geeks with the right equipment can actually hijack a car's computer, and by remote control make the car do what they want. Very cool. Makes me glad I'm still driving a 1954 Chevy.

Do you suppose anybody in any federal agency has such capabilities?

Dude, did you not read my first post in here where I said:

"nobody here can rule out a remote hacking via a covertly installed device hooked up to the OBD port"

???

The whole point of my post was to clear up Mcfly's usual misinformation. The engine didn't fly out perpendicular from the vehicle, and there was no bomb. Period.

Oh but just so you know... you MUST install a device into the car first to gain control. A lot of you guys make it sound like somebody just hacks into it wirelessly, and that is 100% physically impossible. Not saying that it is impossible for somebody to install a device and then access THAT wirelessly, but they don't just say "hey, let's go kill this guy", then pull up "vehicle x" on their computer and then have control.

And we are in complete agreement about the older vehicles. I have been saying for years starting with the "throttle-by-wire" systems that it is a huge mistake to give the PCM control of such vital systems. Now they have them doing emergency braking when something too close is detected, swerving around things... it's just such a bad idea and the potential for abuse or malfunction is too damn high.

Just FYI.

Dude, did you not read my first post in here where I said:

"nobody here can rule out a remote hacking via a covertly installed device hooked up to the OBD port"

???

The whole point of my post was to clear up Mcfly's usual misinformation. The engine didn't fly out perpendicular from the vehicle, and there was no bomb. Period.

Oh but just so you know... you MUST install a device into the car first to gain control. A lot of you guys make it sound like somebody just hacks into it wirelessly, and that is 100% physically impossible. Not saying that it is impossible for somebody to install a device and then access THAT wirelessly, but they don't just say "hey, let's go kill this guy", then pull up "vehicle x" on their computer and then have control.

And we are in complete agreement about the older vehicles. I have been saying for years starting with the "throttle-by-wire" systems that it is a huge mistake to give the PCM control of such vital systems. Now they have them doing emergency braking when something too close is detected, swerving around things... it's just such a bad idea and the potential for abuse or malfunction is too damn high.

Just FYI.

I understand what you're saying.

My point is that the people that took out Hastings, at least those with the greatest potential motivation, were not some angry street punks or a jealous lover. The most likely suspects are those about whom he was writing bad things.

That happens to be some or the other branch of the federal government. They are pretty technologically advanced, eh?

Back
Top Bottom