• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Merkel: Islam Is Not The Cause Of Terrorism, Europe Must Take More Migrants

coldjoint

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Islam does inspire terrorism. She should have said we surrender please don't kill all of us.

“I expect from religious authorities of Islam to find strong language in order to delimitate peaceful Islam from terrorism committed in the name of Islam. We as non-Muslims cannot do this, it should be done by Islamic clergy and authorities,” she added.

Hasn't she heard the standard apology that there is no religious authorities for Islam?

Merkel: Islam Is Not The Cause Of Terrorism, Europe Must Take More Migrants - Breaking911

No, it doesn't. It's just an idea. Like every other ideology or belief system it can be taken to it's extremes and used to justify great harm. It's more common these days with Islam than any other religion or ideology because of the circumstances that have led to the Middle East being the way it is today. The faster you realize that, the faster you can actually start taking care of the real problems.

No, it doesn't. It's just an idea. Like every other ideology or belief system it can be taken to it's extremes and used to justify great harm. It's more common these days with Islam than any other religion or ideology because of the circumstances that have led to the Middle East being the way it is today. The faster you realize that, the faster you can actually start taking care of the real problems.

No, the problem is the ideology known as islam and what it's adherents are required to believe and do.

The faster folks realize that, the faster they can actually start taking care of the real problem.

If Germany has two brain cells to rub together they will kick her out.

Fundamental Islam is extreme. You need to do some reading. The real problem is Islam.

What has he said that is untrue, be specific.

Anyone remember when the sixty minutes crew went to Sweden to debunk the idea that the muslim refugees were violent only to get assaulted by Muslim refugees? :lamo

Funny how it's always the idiot liberals making excuses for violent Muslims. Just goes to prove how laughably idiotic they are.

There now seems to be a great many people in this country who claim to be "liberal," but are in fact deeply illiberal and antidemocratic. They loathe the Constitution, the individual liberties it guarantees, and more generally, the U.S. and much of Western Civilization. Islamists also loathe those things, and that gives the two groups something in common. That sympathetic relationship was the subject of a superb book by Andy McCarthy entitled "The Grand Jihad: How Islam and the Left Sabotage America."

Ms. Merkel is foolishly naive, and the good thing is that more and more Europeans are rejecting her view of this subject. Instead they are listening to people like Geert Wilders and Marine Le Pen. And here, they are listening to President Trump. All this is bad news for Islamists and their cheerleaders in the West.

Last edited:
No, the problem is the ideology known as islam and what it's adherents are required to believe and do.

The faster folks realize that, the faster they can actually start taking care of the real problem.

Bull****.

The Muslim soldier I went to basic training with never threatened the safety of me or anyone else. The Muslims neighbors I grew up near didn't either. They were both followers of the Islamic faith, and never caused anyone trouble. There are millions of Muslims living across the world that aren't a threat to anyone, nor are they are our enemy. But casting them all together in one net is a great way to convince them they we should be enemies.

Bull****.

The Muslim soldier I went to basic training with never threatened the safety of me or anyone else. The Muslims neighbors I grew up near didn't either. They were both followers of the Islamic faith, and never caused anyone trouble. There are millions of Muslims living across the world that aren't a threat to anyone, nor are they are our enemy. But casting them all together in one net is a great way to convince them they we should be enemies.

That's because in the west, Islam has been every bit as castrated as Christianity has by secular society. They are generally safe unless they get radicalized by eastern Muslims who have not had the benefit of such castration. That said, there are every bit as many evils in the Qur'an and the hadiths as there are in the Bible, these castrated Muslims and Christians have simply been trained that it is not acceptable to take them seriously. That doesn't mean these evils suddenly disappear.

Bull****.

iLOL
No, it is not bs, your reply is though.

Just because a muslim has not acted in the way they are required to believe and do, just means they are not following their religion at this time, not that they wont in the future.

What they are required to believe and do by their ideology is the problem.

Bull****.

Then give us a good way to separate the "good" Muslims from the "bad" ones...

There now seems to be a great many people in this country who claim to be "liberal," but are in fact deeply illiberal and antidemocratic. They loathe the Constitution, the individual liberties it guarantees, and more generally, the U.S. and much of Western Civilization. Islamists also loathe those things, and that gives the two groups something in common. That sympathetic relationship was the subject of a superb book by Andy McCarthy entitled "The Grand Jihad: How Islam and the Left Sabotage America."

Ms. Merkel is foolishly naive, and the good thing is that more and more Europeans are rejecting her view of this subject. Instead they are listening to people like Geert Wilders and Marine Le Pen. And here, they are listening to President Trump. All this is bad news for Islamists and their cheerleaders in the West.

Here you are... talking about Liberals "loathing" the Constitution... while you and others make arguments to exclude people from coming to our nation based on their religious affiliation...

Are all Conservatives immune to irony?

Then give us a good way to separate the "good" Muslims from the "bad" ones...

How about judging them by their individual actions, rather than the actions of the most extreme criminals who happen to be Muslims?
That's how we approach everyone else.

Here you are... talking about Liberals "loathing" the Constitution... while you and others make arguments to exclude people from coming to our nation based on their religious affiliation...

Are all Conservatives immune to irony?

Maybe you are the one who is immune to irony. You strongly imply that the exclusion of aliens on the basis of religion is somehow unconstitutional, apparently unaware that the Supreme Court has never even implied any such thing. If you think otherwise, then cite the decision and quote from it. I have already quoted from several in which the Court has made very clear that the Constitution of the U.S. does not apply to aliens who have not yet entered U.S. territory.

Life is not fair. So what? My copies of the Constitution do not contain a "Yucky and Invalidated Clause," a "We Are the World Clause," or a "Just be Nice Clause." Congress has plenary power, as an inherent attribute of national sovereignty, to exclude any alien, at any time, for any reason. I expect a newly constituted Supreme Court to reaffirm that fact within the next year or so.

Last edited:
Maybe you are the one who is immune to irony. You strongly imply that the exclusion of aliens on the basis of religion is somehow unconstitutional, apparently unaware that the Supreme Court has never even implied any such thing. If you think otherwise, then cite the decision and quote from it. I have already quoted from several in which the Court has made very clear that the Constitution of the U.S. does not apply to aliens who have not yet entered U.S. territory.

Sure.
The truth is that people who "love the Constitution" are in favor of its broad application.

Sure.
The truth is that people who "love the Constitution" are in favor of its broad application.

Quit ducking. Cite the case and quote from it, as I challenged you to do. You can't, because there is no such case.

How about judging them by their individual actions, rather than the actions of the most extreme criminals who happen to be Muslims?
That's how we approach everyone else.

So how do you separate the "good" Muslims form the "bad" Muslims?? You've provided a standard (falling into the "No ****, Sherlock" category), but how do we determine who is safe to allow into our country? Basing that choice on verifiable terrorist actions is a pretty stupid method, since that means that the "bad" Muslims will use "virgin" terrorists and not experienced ones. So what method do you use to make sure that which 1 out of the 10 Muslims standing in line for entry into this country is the one that isn't safe?? That's all we really need...

So how do you separate the "good" Muslims form the "bad" Muslims?? You've provided a standard (falling into the "No ****, Sherlock" category), but how do we determine who is safe to allow into our country? Basing that choice on verifiable terrorist actions is a pretty stupid method, since that means that the "bad" Muslims will use "virgin" terrorists and not experienced ones. So what method do you use to make sure that which 1 out of the 10 Muslims standing in line for entry into this country is the one that isn't safe?? That's all we really need...

All you can consider is their previous actions. That's it. There's no other just way to approach it.

Back
Top Bottom