• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Measles outbreak - boon for drug companies

Yeah, it's callled fraud. Falsifying test results.

Not about the test results but about whether it was 95 percent effective against the Mumps.

And they have not been able to prove anything in over 4 years. This case is basically dead, the last update was 2 years ago.

You only have fraud if it is proven in court, and that has not happened here.

Look, I can present a lawsuit saying that the President stole my dog. It is only proven when a court agrees that it happened, but after 4 years (the last 2 inactive), that should tell you that this is a non-case.

Not about the test results but about whether it was 95 percent effective against the Mumps.
Yes, about the test results. The virlologists who worked on that vaccine admit to seeing rabbit antibodies being used to falsify the results of the tests

This case is basically dead
Law360, Philadelphia (September 05, 2014, 6:12 PM ET) -- Two lawsuits accusing Merck & Co. Inc. of lying about the efficacy of its mumps inoculation in order to keep competitors from bringing their own versions of the vaccine to market will move forward, after a Pennsylvania federal judge ruled in favor of whistleblowers and direct purchasers Thursday.

U.S. District Judge C. Darnell Jones II ruled that the whistleblowers had sufficiently pled that Merck might have provided false statements to the government and that the direct purchasers had shown enough evidence to establish that these falsehoods...

Antitrust, FCA Claims On Merck Mumps Vaccine To Advance - Law360

Merck filed a motion to dismiss the charges. On Sept. 5, 2014, the court rejected the motion to dismiss. It did, however, eliminate charges of breach of contract and unjust enrichment claims.

Merck has an exclusive license with the U.S. government to make the mumps vaccine. The company brings in revenue of approximately $1 billion annually on sales of childhood vaccines.

The whistleblower lawsuit was unsealed in June 2012. Krahling and Wlochowski are being represented by Gordon Schnell of Constantine Cannon, Joel Meredith of Meredith & Narine and Jeffrey Keller of Keller Grover. Merck is represented by Eric Sitarchuk and Lisa Dykstra of Morgan Lewis & Bockius and Dino Sangiamo and Sally Bryan of Venable.

Merck Co Scientist Threatened with Jail Time for Trying to Expose Huge Vaccine Data Manipulation and Fraud

If Google was a Guy - search for Vaccines cause Autism. Start at 0:45 if you just want to go straight to the punchline.

Yes, about the test results. The virlologists who worked on that vaccine admit to seeing rabbit antibodies being used to falsify the results of the tests

Looks like the enrichment claims were dropped.

From your link.

Merck filed a motion to dismiss the charges. On Sept. 5, 2014, the court rejected the motion to dismiss. It did, however, eliminate charges of breach of contract and unjust enrichment claims.

Merck has an exclusive license with the U.S. government to make the mumps vaccine. The company brings in revenue of approximately $1 billion annually on sales of childhood vaccines.

Which for a multinational corporation is nothing.

Look, they also make Fosamax (osteoporosis), Vioxx (arthritis), Thiazide (hypertension), Zetia (cholesterol), Remicade (Crohn's disease), and Januvia (diabetes). Now which of these medications do you think they make the most money on?

Medications like the ones I just listed, which the patients generally take for the rest of their lives, or vaccines which an individual might get for less then $100 2 or 3 times in their entire lifetime?

This is why I so love the illogic of conspiracy theorists. They actually believe this kind of logic, even though it makes absolutely no sense at all. They act like vaccines are "big business", when in reality they are generally 1-3 injections over the lifespan of an individual, costing from $10-100 each (the MMR is among the most expensive, it replaces 3 separate injections at about the same cost per injection).

But here, feel free to browse this:

CDC - VFC Current Vaccine Price List - Vaccines for Children Program

Hell, my wife's monthly medications run in the area of $500 a month. Her one month medication would more then pay for every vaccination I have ever gotten (even counting the Anthrax series and annual boosters).

The lawsuit was filed under False Claims Act . The False Claims Act allows people who are not members of the government to sue .
The person bringing the suit – then gets a portion of the win.

The " whistle blowers" are/were hoping to win big bucks.

Last edited:
The " whistle blowers" are/were hoping to win big bucks.
And your proof of this is your word. Not good enough, I'm afraid. They have made their allegations of fraud. They were witnesses to such. You are calling them liars. You and Oozlefinch were unaware that there was even going to be a court trial. You don't have much credility at this point. According to these witnesses, Merck falsified test results in order to make their product acceptable. Until the trial is over, you shouldn't call the witnesses greedy liars. It gives you the appearance of being biased in order to not look the fool.

Until the trial is over, you shouldn't call the witnesses greedy liars.

And until the trial is over, you should no call the drug company greedy killers.

I did not call anybody a liar, I simply pointed out that this court case has drug on for over 4 years and has largely gone nowhere. But when it is over and a resolution established, then please bring this forward and we can consider it based upon the merits proven in a court of law.

Until then, like any other court case, I make no decisions until the results are in.

And until the trial is over, you should no call the drug company greedy killers.

I did not call anybody a liar, I simply pointed out that this court case has drug on for over 4 years and has largely gone nowhere. But when it is over and a resolution established, then please bring this forward and we can consider it based upon the merits proven in a court of law.
Once again, you are incorrect. The court case has not drug out for over four years; it has not begun yet. You are also incorrect when you accuse me of calling someone a liar. That was a reference to minnie, and his comment that the witnesses are in it for the money. You were also incorrect to accuse me of calling the drug company greedy killers. I said no such thing.

And your proof of this is your word. Not good enough, I'm afraid. They have made their allegations of fraud. They were witnesses to such. You are calling them liars. You and Oozlefinch were unaware that there was even going to be a court trial. You don't have much credility at this point. According to these witnesses, Merck falsified test results in order to make their product acceptable. Until the trial is over, you shouldn't call the witnesses greedy liars. It gives you the appearance of being biased in order to not look the fool.

I never called the "witnesses/whitle blowers" liers.
I said they are/ were hoping to win big bucks.
IF what they say is true and can be proven in a court of law they stand to win millions of dollars.

The fact-finding hasn’t happened yet.
We don’t know if a jury or judge will find that the plaintiffs are telling the truth or acting out of some grudge.
We don’t have Merck’s response on the facts yet.
We only know the judge has allowed the suit to proceed to fact finding.

Drug company Settlements

The following is a list of the 20 largest settlements reached between the United States Department of Justice and pharmaceutical companies from 1991 to 2012, ordered by the size of the total settlement.
The settlement amount includes both the civil (False Claims Act) settlement and criminal fine.

Glaxo's $3 billion settlement included the largest civil, False Claims Act settlement on record,[1] and Pfizer’s $2.3 billion settlement including a record-breaking $1.3 billion criminal fine.[2] Legal claims against the pharmaceutical industry have varied widely over the past two decades, including Medicare and Medicaid fraud, off-label promotion, and inadequate manufacturing practices.[3][4] With respect to off-label promotion, specifically, a federal court recognized off-label promotion as a violation of the False Claims Act for the first time in Franklin v. Parke-Davis, leading to a $430 million settlement.[5]

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_pharmaceutical_settlements

Last edited:
I never called the "witnesses/whitle blowers" liers. I said they are/ were hoping to win big bucks.
IF what they say is true and can be proven in a court of law they stand to win millions of dollars.

We only know the judge has allowed the suit to proceed to fact finding.
So, by saying that the witnesses are hoping to win big bucks, you are not assessing their honesty? You make it sound as if the prospect of gaining a settlement invalidates their complaint. It doesn't. That was a character judgement you had no right to make.

Also, are you drawing a distinction between fact-finding and a jury trial?

So, by saying that the witnesses are hoping to win big bucks, you are not assessing their honesty? You make it sound as if the prospect of gaining a settlement invalidates their complaint. It doesn't. That was a character judgement you had no right to make.

Also, are you drawing a distinction between fact-finding and a jury trial?

No I did not make a character judgement.

Just as many states were about to relax the requirements for mandatory vaccines for students, there is an outbreak of measles that is sweeping across the country.
Now claims are that it started at Disneyland, in California. Which is also home to a great many drug and pharmacy companies. And how did it spread so quickly across the country if it was not a plot to mandate that everybody get inoculated, guaranteeing large profits for the companies that make this poison.

Inoculations cause autism, shorten lifespans, and make people dependent upon the Drug Companies for repeated treatments as a way to get more money. And the efforts by some to pay these companies by the Government if needed to inoculate more of our children is nothing but a scam to give them even more money. The rich get richer.

Do not fall for the scam, do not inoculate your children. Inoculations are death, and often contain things like mercury which will kill your children.

needle.gif

599495_10150904726673317_2004464688_n.jpg

bad-vaccines.jpg

:lol: Nice set up...

Back
Top Bottom