• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

McCain to Obama: 'Get over your temper tantrum, Mr. President' and focus on ISIS

Great one ego manic giving another ego manic advice... we'll end up in another war between these two idiots supported by plenty like the OP just determined to see more of our young men and women come home in a flag draped box for the next mess in the middle east.

Great one ego manic giving another ego manic advice... we'll end up in another war between these two idiots supported by plenty like the OP just determined to see more of our young men and women come home in a flag draped box for the next mess in the middle east.

Freedom is not free my left wing friend. You really need to learn that.

Freedom is not free my left wing friend. You really need to learn that.

You need to learn the fiscal consequence of all the wars you seem to want.

You need to learn the fiscal consequence of all the wars you seem to want.

I hate war....several of my best shipmates died in one....You might check my tag line.........If it was not for our military we might be talking Japanese or German. Our military will always be there to protect a pacifist like you.

Last edited:
I hate war....several of my best shipmates died in one....You might check my tag line.........If it was not for our military we might be talking Japanese or German.

If you are going to go with McCain advice, who has wanted to get involved in dozens of messes recently, then you need to make up your mind. You cannot have this both ways, he wants several wars. What do you want? Spare us the rhetoric and lets get down to business.

If you are going to go with McCain advice, who has wanted to get involved in dozens of messes recently, then you need to make up your mind. You cannot have this both ways, he wants several wars. What do you want? Spare us the rhetoric and lets get down to business.

You see the difference between me and you is I would rather fight them there then here.

You see the difference between me and you is I would rather fight them there then here.

Again, give up the rhetoric and lets get specific. Put on your big boy pants and tell us, as in exactly, which war do you want now and where?

Again, give up the rhetoric and lets get specific. Put on your big boy pants and tell us, as in exactly, which war do you want now and where?
And how will you pay for it? Wars of choice aren't cheap you know.

I really would have been shocked if you figured it out.

And what, exactly, qualifies John McCain to advise anyone about anything? What's he proven, what's he accomplished, what are his academic or practical achievements?
He's the idiot who torpedoed his own run at the presidency. Who cares what he thinks about anything? Oh, you do. You and all your friends, no doubt.
Yawn.

Nailed it.

And how will you pay for it? Wars of choice aren't cheap you know.

Asking the wrong guy, I am trying to get the OP to tell us how much more war he is prepared for.

I really would have been shocked if you figured it out.

I'd be shocked if you followed through on your own thread to its obvious conclusion, and it would mean you getting more specific than your rhetoric to date. If McCain and yourself want a war with just ISIS that would mean a 3rd US war in Iraq as well as going into Syria. If we are going after more than just ISIS then we are talking about a fair number of nations from the Middle East into parts of Africa.

But lets assume you and McCain only want ISIS for a moment. The last time we went through this, we lost some 4489 lives (just ours and that is an estimate from the various sources) in our 3rd longest war just to get Iraq to the point of a weak government and a weak military that cannot control all of their own nation. To get from Saddam to Masum we have spent well north of $2 Trillion with no real end in sight when you factor in war veteran benefits (especially VA costs.) Indirect and delayed costs, various efforts to funnel money to the current Iraqi government for all sorts of reasons, will also inflate this number to well north of $3 Trillion when all said and done. Sorry, no... there are some here do not want this said and done. We are headed further up. And by the way, we still have people there today. Building 12 Iraqi Army brigades will take roughly 3000 of our soldiers to handle.

So, quit hiding from your own thread on "McCain handling the ego maniac" and tell us how many more need to die and how much more money needs to be spent on yet another Middle East war? Actually step up and tell us what you are willing to commit here to do whatever you and McCain want now.

Understand this is fiscal impact we cannot afford at present taxation to spending conditions, and we are still digesting the mounting debt from 2 wars that happen to take the #1 and #3 spots in the longest US wars in our nation's history. Also understand that McCain is well known for wanting to arm plenty in the region with no real assurance who those weapons will get pointed at. When pushed finally he said "Kill em" suggesting both more US air power and additional boots on the ground. He wants a war on the same sand in the same nation meaning the third time over there dealing with this mess. If you are going to use McCain in your argument you need to own what he wants or give us the alternative. Pick, or at least be honest enough to say the only purpose for the thread is Obama does not want something you do.

The US gets their ass kicked when fighting 'there'.

Those who ignore history will relive it over and over.

The US gets their ass kicked when fighting 'there'.

Those who ignore history will relive it over and over.
The US got its ass kicked?? When and where did that happen?

The US got its ass kicked?? When and where did that happen?

Vietnam and Afghanistan were huge losses.

We need to pull back and protect our own borders and stop the bull**** offensive actions.

McCain needs to get over the fact that he lost to Obama, despite his desperate attempt to appeal to the far right-wing by choosing Sarah Palin as his second-in-command.

Vietnam and Afghanistan were huge losses.

We need to pull back and protect our own borders and stop the bull**** offensive actions.

No. We did not get our asses kicked in either place. We won every battle in Vietnam. Vietnam was a political loss, not a military one. And I don't even know what you are talking about with regard to Afghanistan.

McCain needs to get over the fact that he lost to Obama, despite his desperate attempt to appeal to the far right-wing by choosing Sarah Palin as his second-in-command.

I think there is some truth to that. But I also think he happens to be right in this instance: Obama is acting like a child. The idea that Obama, of all people, would call someone else out on campaign lies and/or distortions is beyond belief.

Funny. People from the GOP camp call Obama weak leader, yet when he stands up to another leader who actively spits in his eye and tries to undermine American policy, he is criticized as a child throwing a temper tantrum. At least with President Cruz (*snicker*), the GOP will have a leader who rightly bows his head to Israel.

Funny. People from the GOP camp call Obama weak leader, yet when he stands up to another leader who actively spits in his eye and tries to undermine American policy, he is criticized as a child throwing a temper tantrum. At least with President Cruz (*snicker*), the GOP will have a leader who rightly bows his head to Israel.

:shrug: Obama defers to our enemies, and betrays our allies. Both of those are weak moves by a weak foreign policy president.

Back
Top Bottom