• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Maybe, just maybe, if police stopped killing unarmed black men, the protests and riots would stop

:lamo

Check your facts. He had an active warrant for sexual assault. Its ****ing pathetic watching you try to turn your piece of **** martyr into an angel, but then, leftist types have been doing that with their leftist politicians for years.

There is no warrant for the arrest of Blake citing sexual assault on a 14 year old as you have claimed: There is this:

According to the record, Blake has an arrest warrant filed against him on July 7, 2020 in Kenosha, Wisconsin for an incident involving domestic abuse that happened on May 3. The offenses listed are criminal trespass to dwelling, third-degree sexual assault and disorderly conduct.
Under Wisconsin State Legislature visible here , sex with a minor is not within the definition of a third-degree sexual assault as it is in Rhode Island.
In Wisconsin, a person is guilty of this felony if he or she “has sexual intercourse with a person without the consent of that person”. It also includes other sexual contact (see definitions (5)(b) 2 and 3 here ).
Posts with the claim erroneously reference the legal definition of third-degree sexual assault from Rhode Island, visible here bit.ly/32vJmyx , which states a person is guilty of third degree sexual assault if “he or she is over the age of eighteen (18) years and engaged in sexual penetration with another person over the age of fourteen (14) years and under the age of consent, sixteen (16) years of age.”
Fact check: Jacob Blake does not have an arrest warrant for having sex with a minor - Reuters

There is no warrant for the arrest of Blake citing sexual assault on a 14 year old as you have claimed: There is this:

According to the record, Blake has an arrest warrant filed against him on July 7, 2020 in Kenosha, Wisconsin for an incident involving domestic abuse that happened on May 3. The offenses listed are criminal trespass to dwelling, third-degree sexual assault and disorderly conduct.
Under Wisconsin State Legislature visible here , sex with a minor is not within the definition of a third-degree sexual assault as it is in Rhode Island.
In Wisconsin, a person is guilty of this felony if he or she “has sexual intercourse with a person without the consent of that person”. It also includes other sexual contact (see definitions (5)(b) 2 and 3 here ).
Posts with the claim erroneously reference the legal definition of third-degree sexual assault from Rhode Island, visible here bit.ly/32vJmyx , which states a person is guilty of third degree sexual assault if “he or she is over the age of eighteen (18) years and engaged in sexual penetration with another person over the age of fourteen (14) years and under the age of consent, sixteen (16) years of age.”
Fact check: Jacob Blake does not have an arrest warrant for having sex with a minor - Reuters
You claim he had no warrants. Did your hero have warrants or not? What were they for?

Do you actually know what the piece of **** you worship is accused of?

There are always exceptions, a minority of blacks go even further, voting for and supporting Trump. The four you know might laugh at the idea of systemic racism, although they wouldn't be heard over the laughter of most blacks if they were told the same thing. But it's great to hear conservatives spreading the word about blacks living in white neighborhoods. I assume you'll feel the same way about liberal blacks living next door. Whether liberal or conservative, we need more blacks in white neighborhoods across the entire country....
My neighborhood isn't even primarily white. Its a pretty even mix of white, black, and hispanic.

As sure as the sun comes up each day when the police kill an unarmed black man we are going to have a protests that will often turn into a riot. People blame the protesters and while I am all for protests, I am also totally against riots, no matter who is at fault. But the beginning of each of these protests and riots is another police killing of an unarmed black man. So maybe, just maybe, if the police stop killing unarmed black men there will be no protests and riots. It is simple logic!!!!!!

I have so had it with this ****.

What we have is things being blown completely out of proportion and a culture of victimization.

It's aweful.

Stop killing unarmed Blacks and offer them the same courtesy as Whites when there are problems with the law. These statistics show that Blacks are being shot at a rate way higher than any other cohort.

View attachment 67294362
Police violence is a leading cause of death for young men in the United States. Over the life course, about 1 in every 1,000 black men can expect to be killed by police. Risk of being killed by police peaks between the ages of 20 y and 35 y for men and women and for all racial and ethnic groups. Black women and men and American Indian and Alaska Native women and men are significantly more likely than white women and men to be killed by police. Latino men are also more likely to be killed by police than are white men.

Risk of being killed by police use of force in the United States by age, race–ethnicity, and sex | PNAS

IN a country of 330 million, any statistic based on a sample of 15 people is statistically insignificant.

:lamo

Check your facts. He had an active warrant for sexual assault. Its ****ing pathetic watching you try to turn your piece of **** martyr into an angel, but then, leftist types have been doing that with their leftist politicians for years.

Actually that is wrong. It has been admitted by the people who originally posted the warrant that it had been withdrawn.

I have so had it with this ****.

What we have is things being blown completely out of proportion and a culture of victimization.

It's aweful.

And who is constantly making himself the biggest victim, well let us just say he lives in the White House. And it is not the number of deaths, but each time the cops kill an unarmed black man there will now be protests and riots.

And who is constantly making himself the biggest victim, well let us just say he lives in the White House. And it is not the number of deaths, but each time the cops kill an unarmed black man there will now be protests and riots.

great! they you can keep Trump in the White House

few of these outrages are justified, very few

it's gone totally insane

Actually that is wrong. It has been admitted by the people who originally posted the warrant that it had been withdrawn.

This is so inane, had it not been withdrawn you would shut up about him being shot?

So you are saying that there are conservative Blacks, surprise, surprise. there are also liberal Catholics and even Evangelicals. It seems that once someone from a minority group "makes it" they often forget where they come from. Not unusual at all. Happens every time. In my day they were often called "Uncle Toms'" if they were black. Because you know four of these you think you are speaking for the whole nation, NOT.

Actually I'm not sure what you think I'm saying. I don't know how you got the idea that I think I'm speaking for the whole nation, i'm NOT. I know there are black conservatives, there are white liberals too. Is it wrong to acknowledge that the vast majority of blacks vote liberal? During the last presidential election in 16', Trump won 8% of the black vote.

It's great you have four black conservatives in your neighborhood, we need more non-white folks of all political persuasions moving into the suburbs. If blacks received the same level of spending on education, health care, employment, etc they could afford moving into nice neighborhoods. When blacks are, generally speaking, as well off as most white Americans, you'll see a hell of a lot more conservative blacks. Although I think they'll be the old moderate type Repubs, not the new wild eyed, torch parading, very fine people on both sides type.

But that will never happen until conservatives confront old presumptions. They still refuse to admit that the hundreds of years of racism blacks have endured has any effect on the racism, or black/white inequality they face today. The worst false presumption is that systemic racism does not exist...

The Pew Research Center;
ON VIEWS OF RACE AND INEQUALITY, BLACKS AND WHITES ARE WORLDS APART

"...white households are about 13 times as wealthy as black households – a gap that has grown wider since the Great Recession..."

Back
Top Bottom