• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mask Mandates Are Illogical. So What?

I should have pointed this out.

We are in the last stages of Winter. If you have been wearing your paper masks outside, have you noticed you can still see the fog of your breath as you exhale?

THAT is the water vapor that contains the virus, and that is happening all the time while you wear such masks. THAT is what shows these masks don't "help stop the spread."

If you refuse to see that simple example as proof of what I posted, then that is on you. :coffee:
Do your own test with and without a mask. With a mask there will be a decrease in fog, showing that while not perfect a mask does reduce the load of virus getting out.

Do your own test with and without a mask. With a mask there will be a decrease in fog, showing that while not perfect a mask does reduce the load of virus getting out.

(Sigh) Just how much "contact" with this virus do you think a person needs before they can contract it?

While it is arguable that the reduction in the amount of vapor being exhaled is sometimes noticeable, it does not take much to infect someone else.

The infection can also be spread into the body from one's eyes, so do you also wear goggles over your eyes?

Moreover, breathing through the mask can create a buildup of such droplets, and eventually send more outside the mask.

Once again, as pointed out in a prior post, these over-the-counter masks do not prevent the spread of Covid-19. At best they might reduce the amount being sprayed. But see again the first question in this response.

(Sigh) Just how much "contact" with this virus do you think a person needs before they can contract it?

While it is arguable that the reduction in the amount of vapor being exhaled is sometimes noticeable, it does not take much to infect someone else.

The infection can also be spread into the body from one's eyes, so do you also wear goggles over your eyes?

Moreover, breathing through the mask can create a buildup of such droplets, and eventually send more outside the mask.

Once again, as pointed out in a prior post, these over-the-counter masks do not prevent the spread of Covid-19. At best they might reduce the amount being sprayed. But see again the first question in this response.
Good question, so limiting the exposure would be a good thing.

Why do you even bother with theses type posts?

They want no edification, they want nothing but confirmation for their hatful, insecure biases.

They want no edification, they want nothing but confirmation for their hatful, insecure biases.
Good point

Masks are not allowed in Rogue Red states hosting athletic events in large venues. I picked up some crud at the IHSA wrestling this past weekend.

Masks are not allowed in Rogue Red states hosting athletic events in large venues. I picked up some crud at the IHSA wrestling this past weekend.

I imagine you must have. But, did you enjoy yourself?

I imagine you must have. But, did you enjoy yourself?
I did, even though high school and college wrestling is like 80% trumpaholic and jim jordanish people. It was my sport in HS and I coached it in HS for 35+ years.

I did, even though high school and college wrestling is like 80% trumpaholic and jim jordanish people. It was my sport in HS and I coached it in HS for 35+ years.

Yes, same with American Football.

You have to move into less "grunt" sports to find reason in dominance. Basketball, soccer, tennis...

(Opinion)

Apparently, some are confessing that masks are useless, but the real point is to compel people to recognize the pandemic is still going on.
Communities cannot interfere with basic civil rights. So there is some question to defying a no mask mandate. The idea is built around choice. If you want to wear it, by all means wear it but you can't dictate to someone else anymore than they you.

Yes, same with American Football.

You have to move into less "grunt" sports to find reason in dominance. Basketball, soccer, tennis...
So are you saying you are a bleeding heart liberal who played football or wrestled? Don't see too much of that.

If you are vaccinated, then being exposed to a small amount would likely lead to a asymptomatic infection. While being exposed to more might lead to an symptomatic infection. Of course, in either case, if you are vaccinated you are less likely to be infected.

The point is, its not as simple as you are trying to make it out.

So are you saying you are a bleeding heart liberal who played football or wrestled? Don't see too much of that.
Nope, I am a life long Republican, not a mindless Trumpist who stole the Republican label, who played basketball in college.

Yes, an audience that thinks masks are useless, which they are not, and justifies to them why they are so edgy by ignoring city health mandates.
Mask are as useful as St. Christopher medals, prayer, lucky rabbits feet, and four-leaf clovers. The expert, the saint, Dr. Fauci said masks were a talisman, an amulet. And remember, the folks who whine about following the science think a baby born with a penis and testicles might be a girl.

(Opinion)

Apparently, some are confessing that masks are useless, but the real point is to compel people to recognize the pandemic is still going on.

Sooo....I've heard a few things...and I guess you aren't gonna be posting here anymore huh?

Yeahhhhh. Thats a shame.:cry:

Mask are as useful as St. Christopher medals, prayer, lucky rabbits feet, and four-leaf clovers.

Thats what you say.

medical experts, however, say otherwise.

I'm going to go with medical experts, and not Some Guy On Internet, thats just me.

But since I haven't really worn a mask for 18 months except for a select few places like my doctors office, I really dont see why this should be an issue at this point.

I've moved on. You should too! imo. Good luck.

So is the "conform or else" "because I'm smarter than everyone else " spoiled school girl routine you keep screaming.

Hi there.

Looks like you won't be posting here anymore eh Hugh?

Awww, thats too bad, I was just starting to really like your very insightful blathering. Really informative.

OK....guess I won't be seeing you around? 🙋‍♂️

With latest CDC guidance why hasn’t dipstick Biden not dropped the mask mandates on airlines?

Hi there.

Looks like you won't be posting here anymore eh Hugh?

Awww, thats too bad, I was just starting to really like your very insightful blathering. Really informative.

OK....guess I won't be seeing you around? 🙋‍♂️
How clever. We’re impressed.

Let's be honest, it's not because you guys have any evidence that masks do nothing, it's because you're ****ing lazy and annoyed by them and want to make up excuses as to why you shouldn't have to wear them. Man up and get over it.
There is evidence masks did nothing to stem STUPID-19.

Studies by John Hopkins University show neither masks nor lock-downs were effectively, and may have been detrimental.

Studies by John Hopkins University show neither masks nor lock-downs were effectively, and may have been detrimental.
See the Mask don’t Work mega thread. Most of us knew this 2 years ago.

That is misinformation. The article from John Hopkins was not actually associated with John Hopkins, and was in fact, from so called 'Free Market' libertarian economists, not medical people. So, stop misrepresenting things, and stop pushing lies.

Back
Top Bottom