• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"Marriage is for a man and a woman," HE believes

Status
Not open for further replies.
What makes it wrong in your opinion?

And then feel free to define 'wrong.'

Now we get into the silly realm, but here goes.

Wrong sexual equipment for reproduction.

Short, sweet and simple.

What makes it wrong in your opinion?

And then feel free to define 'wrong.'

Sorry, I forgot the second comment. Define wrong. Wasted effort at procreation makes it wrong.

Now we get into the silly realm, but here goes.

Wrong sexual equipment for reproduction.

Short, sweet and simple.

Who says it has anything to do with reproduction? Is it wrong for hetero people who dont want kids to have sex?

Being sexually attracted to someone in a relationship involves intimacy, sharing, support, etc etc etc.

You are seriously disturbed if you think all relationships are based on a sex act, any sex act.

Sorry, I forgot the second comment. Define wrong. Wasted effort at procreation makes it wrong.

Feels great. Creates intimacy. Creates a bond that keeps a couple together. Burns calories.

Which of those things is wrong?

Objections to such things are often based on irrational prejudices

There's nothing wrong with asking for facts. OTOH, it would be ironic if a person who denies climate change asks for scientific proof.

Who says it has anything to do with reproduction? Is it wrong for hetero people who dont want kids to have sex?

Being sexually attracted to someone in a relationship involves intimacy, sharing, support, etc etc etc.

You are seriously disturbed if you think all relationships are based on a sex act, any sex act.

Old arguments that never change. I can say anything against being gay with the assurance that you will get impracticle with me.

Old arguments that never change. I can say anything against being gay with the assurance that you will get impracticle with me.

Please tell me what's impractical about what I wrote?

How is it 'practical' to use reproduction as a reason being gay is wrong when there's no command or even reason that couples should reproduce at all?

If we're discussing 'choice,' reproducing is a choice and gays choose to do so as much as straight couples. And it often demands more effort, they can have biological kids from previous relationships, with surrogates, use IVF, adopt, etc etc etc. And they do all these things, that's how much they CHOOSE families.

Huh...nothing different from straight couples then I see. THey do all those things to have kids too.

Last edited:
Who denies climate change?

Mostly partisan RWers, who also often deny that homosexuality is genetic.

Back in the 90s someone once said "Democrats believe nothing is genetic except homosexuality and Republicans believe everything is genetic except homosexuality". Of course, 20 years later, most Republicans are science deniers so I don't know how true that is for them nowadays.

Mostly partisan RWers, who also often deny that homosexuality is genetic.
I argue against a lot of the axiomatic claims with in the climate change discussion but it's undeniable that the climate changes

Back in the 90s someone once said "Democrats believe nothing is genetic except homosexuality and Republicans believe everything is genetic except homosexuality". Of course, 20 years later, most Republicans are science deniers so I don't know how true that is for them nowadays.

I couldn't tell you about Republicans and their views I don't really know any.

I agree, but note that being born with a tendency doesn't automatically grant acceptance. The behavior itself must be accepted. I have no choice on whether I am turned on by a 3 year old.

I believe people have genetic problems that cause unacceptable behavior. most migrating birds fly south or north not from learned knowledge but genetic knowledge. I have fed migrating geese and they did not fly back north. The question is does the learned or genetic behavior cause problems for others. In the case of gay marriage it does not.

From the article you link:

How Older Brothers Influence Homosexuality.

Homosexuality might be partly driven by a mother’s immune response to her male fetus—which increases with each son she has.

I know you speak English, but do you know the meaning of "might be"? Certainly doesnt nail down the certainty now does it?

Here’s what we know: Homosexuality is normal. Between 2 and 11 percent of human adults report experiencing some homosexual feelings, though the figure varies widely depending on the survey

You do also understand that "Between 2 and 11 percent" would most definitely establish that the behavior is deviant from the norm, and so not normal at all in human adults.

Deviance ---refers to a state that is veering away from the norm... a state or condition markedly different from the norm. The other 89-98% would be normal you see.

And that is just from the Title and subtitle plus the first paragraph. You prove nothing but an ignorance of the facts on the topic.

Your canned Google really didn't help ya there now did it, bro? :lamo

I know you speak English, but do you know the meaning of "might be"? Certainly doesnt nail down the certainty now does it?

You do also understand that "Between 2 and 11 percent" would most definitely establish that the behavior is deviant from the norm, and so not normal at all in human adults.

Deviance ---refers to a state that is veering away from the norm... a state or condition markedly different from the norm. The other 89-98% would be normal you see.

And that is just from the Title and subtitle plus the first paragraph. You prove nothing but an ignorance of the facts on the topic.

at what age did you decide to be heterosexual? i was about four when i found out that i was.

Technically you did ask for sources and logic.
The source is Ray Blanchard a professor of psychiatry at the University of Toronto. True it is merely a theory which explains the "might be" part. But it was developed by someone that studies in cream like great detail the behavior if humans.

So the source is legitimate, and the logic follows.

All you're really saying here is that things in the minority are deviant. Black people only makeup 13 to 14% of the population so therefore you're suggesting it's deviant to be black. People who drive vehicles with standard transmissions only make up about 3% of drivers.

Oh you really doing is saying that something is statistically less likely. It's not really an argument.

at what age did you decide to be heterosexual? i was about four when i found out that i was.
Ancedotal...

Do you understand what that means and what that has to do with your little personal disclosure here? Maybe tell it to someone who may be interested instead?

Personally, I could not care much less.

Ancedotal...

Do you understand what that means and what that has to do with your little personal disclosure here? Maybe tell it to someone who may be interested instead?

Personally, I could not care much less.
In all fairness you asked for a source and he gave you one and you then complained because it wasn't proof despite the fact that you didn't ask for proof.

Anecdote aside.

Being very conservative is wrong, just because. That’s essentially your argument and why you lost that battle. Chew on that one con.

It's still wrong for the reasons I gave.

You're wrong. Of coiurse, all a person has to do is hide what he does. Not show the world what he likes. It doesn't matter what a person likes. If it's wrong, then it's wrong.

Who defined it as wrong?

It's not wrong it still isn't. And if you don't want to be told that then it might be time for you to leave.

Thanks for the invitation to leave, but this is so interesting that it's worth hanging around. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom