• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Man killed in Ashkelon rocket attack was Palestinian from Hebron area

So this is kind of funny tbh.

The progressive left insulates itself and then calls itself brave for having a position literally every one of their peers hold, only varying to the degree of extremism.

Who is “braver”? The typical university progressive standing up to “the man” with all his friends and who faces zero risk of any consequences at all, or the university republican seeking to make points to counter the progressive lefty discourse?

There is nothing “brave” or “martyr-like” about being a leftist anti-Israel progressive in Europe. It’s a sheep position, which doesnt make it wrong in and of itself but it is the default position a low-information/low-concern person should have for minimal blowback.

Look at where the violence is directed, after all. It’s Jews and Jewish institutions being attacked. It’s pro-Israeli events that are being disrupted. It’s Israel and Jews who support Israel who are being demonized.

Maybe reflect on that before you puff out about how brave it is to be an anti-Israel extremist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's even funnier that the post you referred to doesn't mention or even infer anything about an alleged " bravery ". So maybe you should reflect on that before you puff out about anything

Just because you accuse CJ of racism seeing how you can't handle the logic of his statements doesn't mean he cannot call out your expressions of racism, that's nonsense.

I have already proven this and incontestably so ........ " Arabs are dishonest " is pretty much a stone wall case

What's also nonsense is to suggest that Jews cannot be antisemitic, there are all kinds of people among Jews including those who deny the holocaust and engage in antisemitic expressions.

You would have to give examples because I really don't want to just take your word for it. If you include Jews who criticize Israeli actions or policies then I don't see that as antisemitism anyhow. Nor do I think holocaust denial , as vile an act as it is in and of itself imo , is classic antisemitism. Remember the term used to mean a hatred for Jews because they are Jews and/or hatred of all things Jewish. To choose not to believe in a historic event is just that. Having said that should this view set some alarm bells ringing as to why they seek to deny it/play it down , absolutely

This entire comment is really nonsense as you're trying to discredit legitimate call outs on racism for obvious reasons. As I said previously I personally never called out any act or expression as antisemitic when it wasn't so and it's important to stand against racism of all forms.

Labelling someone a racist because they don't like Israeli actions or policies and are critical of them isn't a legitimate use of the term anyway imo Your second and third claims are just so ridiculous tbh that to even take them serious enough with an answer is a waste of time. ( recall some of the obviously racist policies I referred you to earlier that have hung there ever since and still remain unanswered by yourself )

I'm not going to post numerous replies talking about a jokey/throw away comment I made to somebody here who decided to use irony, no matter how much of a big deal you want to make out of it

Propagandists call every non Jew that criticizes Israeli actions or policies an antisemite because they want to equate criticism of those things with hatred for Jews so as to act as a gag. When a Jewish person is the critic they are referred to as self haters , which is when you think about it antisemitism IE it is alleged that they hate their own Jewishness lol

What marries the two together in these allegations is not Jewishness but hatred. IE criticism of Israeli actions or policies can only be born out of hatred and not of any justifiable/valid criticisms of the actions and policies themselves. The irony being that to claim such a thing is itself highly racist because of the obvious notions of racial supremacy it supports

And finally , to watch someone like yourself , who has expounded racist comments about Arabs , seek to challenge people on grounds or racism, whether real or imagined, just seems so ridiculous anyway

You still feel the need to latch onto cultural observations as if they are racial eh?

Kind of sad.

Oh,

https://www.cia.gov/library/center-...ence/kent-csi/vol8no3/html/v08i3a05p_0001.htm

Cultures are different. Shocking observation, I know.

Last edited:
It's even funnier that the post you referred to doesn't mention or even infer anything about an alleged " bravery ". So maybe you should reflect on that before you puff out about anything

“This is quite common because of the hostility faced by those who dare to express views that are deemed critical of some Israeli actions or policies and the very real threat of facing investigation , legal investigation , for hate crime”.

Such a brave martyr...

You still feel the need to latch onto cultural observations as if they are racial eh?

Kind of sad.

Oh,

https://www.cia.gov/library/center-...ence/kent-csi/vol8no3/html/v08i3a05p_0001.htm

Cultures are different. Shocking observation, I know.

Cultures are different but when you say an entire racial group are dishonest that's saying something different

If I , or anyone else here , were to claim that Jews were dishonest you would rightly call me/them out on it on grounds of racism/antisemitism. If I or someone else then said it was down to their culture it would only make it worse. Like your use of it has

“This is quite common because of the hostility faced by those who dare to express views that are deemed critical of some Israeli actions or policies and the very real threat of facing investigation , legal investigation , for hate crime”.

Such a brave martyr...

Okay , I can accept the qualification no problem

I'm that used to refusing to be intimidated by the Israeli PR fanatics and their accomplices I hardly notice it or even recognize it as bravery , wrt myself anyhow

The truth in what I say though is so abundant in endorsements we would need a whole new subforum just to house some of them

Okay , I can accept the qualification no problem

I'm that used to refusing to be intimidated by the Israeli PR fanatics and their accomplices I hardly notice it or even recognize it as bravery , wrt myself anyhow

The truth in what I say though is so abundant in endorsements we would need a whole new subforum just to house some of them

The way you treat it as "intimidation" and the way you keep bringing it up as an issue as you did in your reply to Serenity questioning if she is prevented by the Australian government from partaking in discussion (I still can't believe you actually thought that was something sensible to say) and on previous occasions shows how deep your worrld view is in the twilight zone. This adds up to various conspiracy theories you keep promoting and goes to show what I'm always saying about the radical anti-Israeli view and that is also true for racism in general - always based on nothing and completely dependent on the absence of logic. Such views can only thrive and flourish where logic is not allowed to be used. The anti-Israeli propagnada only works where people don't apply any common sense at all and where the level of a person's imagination is the key factor deciding how contributing he is.

If you want to put all of the blame onto the Palestinian leaders and Palestinian factions for the none resolution of the conflict that's your choice. It's not mine , however.

All of the blame? Except I've not said that. Ever. Don't attempt to misrepresent my positions.

I detected a hesitancy in Serenity's commentary in a number of threads of late ( I can give numerous examples ) and enquired as to why she appeared to be less willing to express her views today as she had been in the past. This is quite common because of the hostility faced by those who dare to express views that are deemed critical of some Israeli actions or policies and the very real threat of facing investigation , legal investigation , for hate crime. Hence why I asked the question I did

The "hesitancy" you noticed was your own subjective perception of what she was saying. You did not consider the possibility that perhaps her position had changed, or that her position was now less in line with the position that you hold. This lack of consideration of this possibility, and your immediacy at going to the "censoring" option goes directly to what I claimed. You are making an assumption about someone's motivations BECAUSE they are not lock step in line with your position, or because they no longer seem to be as such.

It actually had nothing to do with her " disagreeing " with me . In fact on one of the point there is complete agreement ( ceasefire support ) and on the other I conceded that her observation was the best point raised in the thread to challenge my view and it was wholly valid ( terror tunnels ). The third example of what I was saying I never challenged at all and left it at that ( 5 Broken Cameras thread ) ........... you can check this out for yourself with relative ease. My guess is you won't bother , judging by the comments below at least

Of course it had to do with disagreeing... or at the very least, not holding the same positions as you, or holding the positions that you believe she has. I don't need to check back. I already did and am quite aware that I am correct with my position on this. You made an assumption because someone you believed was "on your side" seemed to be wavering. Your explanation was censorship, rather than considering other possibilities. That, as I said, presents you as believing your positions are facts, and denying them means one is either wrong or being censored.

So , having explained ( with references ) in the first part of the above that you are actually wrong in your assumptions , your comments in the above show more of propensity for egomaniacal behaviour than have my own . I somehow don't think that I will have been the first person to have pointed this out either

To conclude , you have been wrong about my comments and my positions throughout . I'll leave you with a quote from the post of mine you , surprisingly , thought showed signs that I treat my own opinions as facts , in an egomaniacal way

Your "explanations" did not thing of the sort. You have done nothing to disprove my claim. You made an assumption, not based on any evidence whatsoever, but based on your own perceptions of what might cause one to either alter their position or disagree with you.

Oh, and btw... if there is any "censoring" going on of pro-Palestinian positions, please explain your presence on this forum and why you are allowed to post.

I'll wait.

Serious question. Does that sound like the view of a person who views their own opinions as facts ?

What one says and what one does are often two different things.

The "hesitancy" you noticed was your own subjective perception of what she was saying.

Correct and it's the same for every poster here , shock horror , including yourself. Serenity and myself , recall , are the only posters here thus far that have openly admitted to being influenced by their life experiences , which is the admittance of their " subjective perceptions ". If you had any humility yourself you would be able to admit to your own " subjective perceptions " . That you have not done so thus far or maybe just cannot due to your own personal traits/ type might suggest the same egomaniacal personality trait you have accused me of possessing in a attempted case of projection .

That you falsely accused me of " saying that if someone disagrees with your position, or does not support it wholeheartedly, it must mean they are being censored or are scared to present their "real" position. " was a classic case of deliberate misrepresentation. That you still claim to be " correct " about it , despite the pathetic attempt at a meaningless qualification , again shows that it is you that has shown the very behaviour you have accused me of displaying

In the above you are not only completely wrong but also show the belief that your assumption is an undeniable fact. I take it introspection isn't your strong point?

You did not consider the possibility that perhaps her position had changed, or that her position was now less in line with the position that you hold.

Neither her view IIRC had changed nor was " less in line " with my own wrt cease fire support, so there was no positional change to " consider " All well documented here so you just appear to be trying to put some false meat on your false bones

This lack of consideration of this possibility, and your immediacy at going to the "censoring" option goes directly to what I claimed. You are making an assumption about someone's motivations BECAUSE they are not lock step in line with your position, or because they no longer seem to be as such.

There was no " lack of consideration " as detailed above. And I never claimed that my view was in any way definitive or unquestionable like you are trying so hard to convey as an undeniable truth ( get over yourself man ) I said " it seems ". As in it seems to me that it could or might be down to a self censoring or outside factor such as the risk of accusation/investigation for hate crimes. I also gave the option that they just might not want to be associated with agreeing with something I said.

So no , the charge that I had a fixed and definitive view of why someone else responded or decided not to respond to something is false. Just like the rest of you own subjective opinions have been formed on falsehoods you're just too up yourself to admit to it imo

Of course it had to do with disagreeing... or at the very least, not holding the same positions as you, or holding the positions that you believe she has. I don't need to check back. I already did and am quite aware that I am correct with my position on this. You made an assumption because someone you believed was "on your side" seemed to be wavering. Your explanation was censorship, rather than considering other possibilities. That, as I said, presents you as believing your positions are facts, and denying them means one is either wrong or being censored.

The pathetic qualifier of " . or at the very least, not holding the same positions as you " is junk. You claimed I think people that disagree with me are being censored or are scared " remember ? The truth was we didn't disagree on support for a cease fire so the charge on that is plainly false

We didn't even disagree on her point made on the terror tunnels question , so once again your claims are false

Your "explanations" did not thing of the sort. You have done nothing to disprove my claim. You made an assumption, not based on any evidence whatsoever, but based on your own perceptions of what might cause one to either alter their position or disagree with you.

Your claims are junk and have been proven to be junk. That you persist with them shows to me a complete lack of the ability to admit when you are wrong , Which is in keeping with the very personality trait to have tried , and failed , to hoist onto me

Oh, and btw... if there is any "censoring" going on of pro-Palestinian positions, please explain your presence on this forum and why you are allowed to post.

I'll wait.

I don't really trust you to be able to handle the response tbh and you have already castrated any meaningful debate by issuing a mod warning

As for my , tenuous , presence I think it has to do with me being able to try to accept the challenge with one hand tied behind my back and , maybe even more telling than that , your absence from the forum of late

Back
Top Bottom