• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Man Convicted for Tricking Girlfriend to Take Abortion Pills[W:393,1077]

Re: Man Convicted for Tricking Girlfriend to Take Abortion Pills

Dodging and avoiding.

More word play on ''what the law say's here.''

How about killing something as smart as a guinea worm is not murder?

More word play on ''what the law say's here.''

How about killing something as smart as a guinea worm is not murder?
I'd give that more thought if the law didn't utterly disagree with it.

If we were discussing this in another country or pre-2004 it'd be a point worth noting.

Asked and answered

Unless you're embarrassed, refresh my memory.

Do you agree with the following?
"According to this statute, which gives sentencing guidelines for the imprisonment of anyone who kills an unborn child, there is no victim.
Within it, there is a killing and a killer who is charged with killing an unborn child, but there is no victim.
A killer will be sent to jail for killing, but there is no victim.
The entity which has been killed is fully described within the statute, but there is no victim"

Or, if you'd rather, just let me know in which post did you addressed this. I'll check there. Thanks.

1. I'd give that more thought if the law didn't utterly disagree with it.

2. If we were discussing this in another country or pre-2004 it'd be a point worth noting.

1. You should give it more thought then agreeing with the law that obviously to some degree shows species biasedness

2. It still is a point worth noting since killing the guinea worm itself is not murder so killing something else with the same mental capabilities as the guinea worm is not murder either.

1. You should give it more thought then agreeing with the law that obviously to some degree shows species biasedness
2. It still is a point worth noting since killing the guinea worm itself is not murder so killing something else with the same mental capabilities as the guinea worm is not murder either.
1. That's kind of tough luck though, isn't it? There is a law on the books and it's pretty obvious what it says.
So in terms of how it affects society and how it affects this discussion, we kind of have to play the hand we're dealt.

2. On the one hand you are saying that based on the intelligence of the unborn it doesn't deserve legal protection. An opinion.
On the other hand, as per a legitimate law, a person end up in prison for harming that being. A fact.

By which of these should we guide our actions? I just can't decide.

1. On the one hand you are saying that based on the intelligence of the unborn it doesn't deserve legal protection. An opinion.

2. On the other hand, as per a legitimate law, a person end up in prison for harming that being. A fact.

3. which of these should we guide our actions? I just can't decide.

1. Of course it's an opinion since when it come to the question ''What gives an entity the right to life?'' is highly opinionated and both sides want their view on it in the law which current only grants personhood to born humans

2. Not really the pregnant women can harm and kill the unborn human inside of her and not end up in prison. A fact. And I guess also to killing the mosquito and guinea worm attached to you should be counted for as murder to.

3. ''We?'' No as in you decide what should guide your actions towards this one issue

1. Of course it's an opinion since when it come to the question ''What gives an entity the right to life?'' is highly opinionated and both sides want their view on it in the law which current only grants personhood to born humans

2. Not really the pregnant women can harm and kill the unborn human inside of her and not end up in prison. A fact. And I guess also to killing the mosquito and guinea worm attached to you should be counted for as murder to.

3. ''We?'' No as in you decide what should guide your actions towards this one issue
1. This particular law says within its language that its protection of the unborn not be applied to any other situation so there's no larger question here.

2. Frantic and attentive Googling on my part didn't turn up any murder statutes pertaining to mosquitos or guineau worms. That's what separates those two entities from an unborn child in this discussion.

3. My only involvement in this issue has been trying to explain it to people who apparently are unfamiliar with reading legal statutes.

Back
Top Bottom