• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

MAGA Kim's sister slams US and South Korea

joluoto

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Kim Jong Un's sister slams the US and South Korea

North Korea: Kim Jong-un's sister warns US not to 'cause a stink'

They are worried in Pyongyang. The good grift they had going led nowhere. Trump simply lacked the support to overturn the NK sanctions in exchange for nothing. The plan failed, MAGA Kim's best friend is not POTUS anymore. Kim Yo-jong might possibly (always hard with DPRK) be the second most powerful person in North Korea after her brother (she is one his main advisers and the only family member allowed in the Inner circle), so this statement from her is a good sign that they're worried.

Good.

The woman knows how to not get executed via artillery.

The woman knows how to not get executed via artillery.
She needs to be careful about getting too prominent. In the case of North Korean leadership the movie "Team America: World Police" isn't a satire, it's a documentary.

She needs to be careful about getting too prominent. In the case of North Korean leadership the movie "Team America, World Police" isn't a satire, it's a documentary.

She's rather safe. A backwards God-king state will never have a female leader. A big part of backwards is patriarchy. Every nation brain damaged by malnutrition relies on it.

She's rather safe. A backwards God-king state will never have a female leader. A big part of backwards is patriarchy. Every nation brain damaged by malnutrition relies on it.
They still have a very rigid class system too. North koreans are often brainwashed young, their cartoons still feature propaganda on a more extreme and obvious level than many other countries. Always prepping for war. (Their longest running squirrel and hedgehog is quite revealing)

More worrisome, Biden is left dealing with a (S/I/T) Trump massaged Kim Jong-un brain + sister. Could there be a giddy (S/I/T) Trump hoping for something ugly coming out of Pyongyang? You know, something that benefits the (S/I/T) Trump Party by rattling the Democratic Party inflicted by the actions of the collective dictator's club. Ponderance front and center.

Kim Jong Un's sister slams the US and South Korea

North Korea: Kim Jong-un's sister warns US not to 'cause a stink'

They are worried in Pyongyang. The good grift they had going led nowhere. Trump simply lacked the support to overturn the NK sanctions in exchange for nothing. The plan failed, MAGA Kim's best friend is not POTUS anymore. Kim Yo-jong might possibly (always hard with DPRK) be the second most powerful person in North Korea after her brother (she is one his main advisers and the only family member allowed in the Inner circle), so this statement from her is a good sign that they're worried.

Good.

I doubt they are worried

When the US was pressuring China to limit trade with NK or face sanctions, NK was worried as China was limiting trade with NK. As the US has put sanctions on China it is dropping much of the restrictions it had regarding trade with NK, the same goes with Russia. Neither have much to lose with trading with NK regarding sanctions.

North Korea just likes to make noise every so often

North Korea just likes to make noise every so often
True, and that's about all they can do. They are at the end of China's leash. If they ever figure out how to get power to the whole of their country at one time, then maybe the rest of the world would be more concerned.

True, and that's about all they can do. They are at the end of China's leash. If they ever figure out how to get power to the whole of their country at one time, then maybe the rest of the world would be more concerned.
China wishes the Kims were on a much tighter leash though. Beijing was not amused when Pyongyang got nukes.

China wishes the Kims were on a much tighter leash though. Beijing was not amused when Pyongyang got nukes.

China uses NK as a buffer between the US military and China’s boarder. Other than that NK is just useful as a distraction to the US. South Korea is far more important to China than North Korea from an economic standpoint

China uses NK as a buffer between the US military and China’s boarder. Other than that NK is just useful as a distraction to the US. South Korea is far more important to China than North Korea from an economic standpoint
Oh yes, China is in the unique position in liking both Koreas. NK because the "buffer", but they sure wished it was more predictable and controllable, and SK,as you said, Seoul is one of their key trade partners.

Agreed but still useful more than not. If the buffer that NK is becomes more trouble than it's worth, China would probably take action.

Agreed but still useful more than not. If the buffer that NK is becomes more trouble than it's worth, China would probably take action.

China is just as limited as the US. North Korea has nukes that can be used on China just as easily as South Korea or Japan.

China is not going to invade or overthrow the government of North Korea, even if it really wanted to

China is just as limited as the US. North Korea has nukes that can be used on China just as easily as South Korea or Japan.

China is not going to invade or overthrow the government of North Korea, even if it really wanted to
Not militarily, even though they could. Economically- trade agreements, enforce sanctions, etc.

Not militarily, even though they could. Economically- trade agreements, enforce sanctions, etc.
China does not want an unstable North Korea with nukes.

China does not want an unstable North Korea with nukes.
No doubt and Kim is useful for now. I gotta think if China really wanted the Dynasty to end, they could make it happen.

No doubt and Kim is useful for now. I gotta think if China really wanted the Dynasty to end, they could make it happen.
Potentially but at what cost?

Nukes could make it very expensive and if was a matter of survival I expect NK would use them even on China

Hell of a wall China's got there. And no one wants into China. So what's that about. The buffer is against Chinese citizens.

only NK, China, or a combination of both can change NK.

Potentially but at what cost?

Nukes could make it very expensive and if was a matter of survival I expect NK would use them even on China
I don't think anything is going to happen, especially not anytime soon. But when Kim and NK prove no longer useful, I'm sure it would be planned so there wasn't any chance of them flying a nuke.

"US Secretary of State Anthony Blinken did not deny that the US administration is considering a military option against the North Korea"
Is this the same Blinken who said a week ago, that the US would no longer overthrow regimes in other countries by force, or some other Blinken?

Back
Top Bottom