• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Louis C.K. Faces New Backlash After Leaked Audio of set.

So you look to comedians for moral lessons? Is that what Eddie Murphy, Richard Pryor, and George Carlin did for you? Did they always punch up?

Eddie Murphy definitely punched down, which is why some of his material hasn't exactly aged well.

Louis C.K. Faces New Backlash After Leaked Audio of set. CBS This Morning Published on Dec 31, 2018

For reference only, here is a link to the full set described by Fox uploaded to YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLRE-JP_Ls4 (Not for children, profanity)

I'm going to start out by saying I like Louis C.K.'s brand of humor. I also like the fact that he owned and admitted his bad acts, and apologized for them immediately. That's called taking responsibility.

More importantly, I admire the fact he has decided to come back, and not only that but to come back strongly within his own brand of humor.

I don't support the politics of offense, because as I have often stated, offense is taken not given.

Anyone recall the oft used phrase of comic's "too soon?" when cracking a joke about any subject someone might take offense to?

Well Louis C.K. is a comic who pushes the boundaries and tweaks (if not punches) the noses of the Politically Correct.

I wish him well and a speedy return to the public stage with all his faults supporting his brand of humor.
IMHO comedy particularly the satirical type and political correctness are polar opposites. This was a paid performance with the attendees total aware of his style and what to expect. He's not broadcasting to the world or forcing anyone to listen.

IMHO comedy particularly the satirical type and political correctness are polar opposites. This was a paid performance with the attendees total aware of his style and what to expect. He's not broadcasting to the world or forcing anyone to listen.

Satire has a definition, and this wasn't it.

Dude. Stop.

JC is going to quote mine every comedian in existence to find one line that contradicts the overarching point. Hell, he had to go back more than a decade to find the one joke Patton Oswalt regrets ever telling.

This is the EXACT kind of comedy he has always done. It is rougher around the edges because it isn’t a recorded special. He is likely trying out different things to see what works and what doesn’t.

Anyone who will boycott him over this was never a fan of his in the first place.

This is the EXACT kind of comedy he has always done. It is rougher around the edges because it isn’t a recorded special. He is likely trying out different things to see what works and what doesn’t.

Anyone who will boycott him over this was never a fan of his in the first place.

I'll repeat Kobie's question to you: when has he so consistently punched down like this? I've been watching him forever, and I've never seen him act like that.

I laugh at some of his stuff, dislike other things. I'm not going to melt, but apparently a lot lily-eared snowflakes are.

Louis C.K. Faces New Backlash After Leaked Audio of set. CBS This Morning Published on Dec 31, 2018

For reference only, here is a link to the full set described by Fox uploaded to YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLRE-JP_Ls4 (Not for children, profanity)

I'm going to start out by saying I like Louis C.K.'s brand of humor. I also like the fact that he owned and admitted his bad acts, and apologized for them immediately. That's called taking responsibility.

More importantly, I admire the fact he has decided to come back, and not only that but to come back strongly within his own brand of humor.

I don't support the politics of offense, because as I have often stated, offense is taken not given.

Anyone recall the oft used phrase of comic's "too soon?" when cracking a joke about any subject someone might take offense to?

Well Louis C.K. is a comic who pushes the boundaries and tweaks (if not punches) the noses of the Politically Correct.

I wish him well and a speedy return to the public stage with all his faults supporting his brand of humor.

I have never cared for his work much but good for him for refusing to put is tail between his legs after he was kicked.

Far too many people do that, we dont need any more.

Back
Top Bottom