• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Loretta Lynch "Most Likely Candidate" to Replace Scalia

I know how it will be reported, it will be the typical scumbag media using a black woman as a bat, sort of like you posted.

You didn't answer the question.

So one can't oppose someone who happens to be a black woman without being a racist misogynist?

Probably not if the opponent is a far-right partisan like you.

Let's wait and see how the old White male Senators in the GOP look when they're talking against this Black woman.

Probably true, it seems the way of things these days, still would not make it accurate to be making the claim that she was rejected based on race.
I know that many want to paint the GOP as the "Racists" Party.
My own experience and opinion is that neither Party has a monopoly on racists and I do not believe for a second that the Republican Senators would reject her based simply on her race and believe that anyone that would actually believe such a thing is true has their own issues to deal with.

There are racists all over the USA and the GOP has more than its fair share of them.

There are racists all over the USA and the GOP has more than its fair share of them.

But they have no monopoly either. Sadly racism comes on all colors and political persuasions and is not in danger of dying off any time soon, mankind still has a long way to go before it can refer to itself as a "finished product".

..and there in nutshell is how identity politics is played.... Let's ignore qualifications and focus on identity, let's ignore putting forth a nominee that BOTH parties can agree on and force one side or the other to oppose the nominee. Time to grow up people....

It *shouldn't* be that way (identity politics), but it too often is.

That being said, I think Lynch would be a horrible nomination. As much as I believe the Reps need to STFU and work honestly toward a confirmation, they shouldn't roll over, either. Lynch should be opposed.

But they have no monopoly either. Sadly racism comes on all colors and political persuasions and is not in danger of dying off any time soon,
mankind still has a long way to go before it can refer to itself as a "finished product".

It will be a long time before racism is gone from the USA but we are moving in that direction.

It will be a long time before racism is gone from the USA but we are moving in that direction.

Does not like we are from here, maybe you POV is different.

Does not like we are from here, maybe you POV is different.

I'm a 73 years old White male who has lived in the North and the South.

The signs that they used to have on the drinking fountains and the restaurants in the South (Which I saw with my own eyes.) are gone but some people's mind's haven't changed.It will take time but eventually the USA will get there.

Probably not if the opponent is a far-right partisan like you.

:lol: at "far right partisan"

Let's wait and see how the old White male Senators in the GOP look when they're talking against this Black woman.

I asked you a simple question...

So one can't oppose someone who happens to be a black woman without being a racist misogynist?

The signs that they used to have on the drinking fountains and the restaurants in the South (Which I saw with my own eyes.) are gone but some people's mind's haven't changed.It will take time but eventually the USA will get there.

True the new racism is left wing racism of lowered expectations. it's left wing SJW victimhood and scape goating, using race as a weapon against those with different political views... It's about keeping a dependent class.....

I am only 10 years behind ya, yes seen those changes, but have seen the rise of new forms of the illness.

so... you mean, it's rare? that usually it's due to racism and mysoginism?

Not so much that it is usually due to racism and misogyny, but that you have to walk a tight rope because it is fairly easy to argue that a criticism is rooted or based in racism and misogyny.

We'll see what you have to say on this topic after Hillary Clinton moves the U.S. Supreme Court strongly to the left with her appointments during her 8 years in office.

:lol:

"Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP.

Just curious. You seem to be so **** sure that Hillary, the most evil woman in politics, is going to win this year. Are you a member of the Illuminati and privy to the Shadow Govt.?

No, he won't. And the minority of the 9(8) Justices are "white d00ds"? I guess 1 would be "overflowing" to you.

Me, I think the court should be made up of individuals judged by the content of thier character, not the color of thier skin, not plumbing.

Three females, one black male, 5 old white rich dudes (until Scalia died). That's a majority. So the white male faction of the country is well represented on the Court. The female viewpoint is represented. One could say the Af. American is underrepresented, but actually 1 of 9 is about the same ratio as Af Americans to the whole American population.

What is missing is the category of Asian or Indian (from India), Middle Eastern, and those sorts of ethnicities/races.

Not so much that it is usually due to racism and misogyny, but that you have to walk a tight rope because it is fairly easy to argue that a criticism is rooted or based in racism and misogyny.

So you are acknowledging the racist tendencies of the media and the left to use minorities as weapons against people of the opposite side.

So you are acknowledging the racist tendencies of the media and the left to use minorities as weapons against people of the opposite side.

No, I am acknowledging the willingness of the media and the left to call out the other side on its racist and sexist tendencies.

Three females, one black male, 5 old white rich dudes (until Scalia died). That's a majority. So the white male faction of the country is well represented on the Court. The female viewpoint is represented. One could say the Af. American is underrepresented, but actually 1 of 9 is about the same ratio as Af Americans to the whole American population.

What is missing is the category of Asian or Indian (from India), Middle Eastern, and those sorts of ethnicities/races.

:lol: why or? and what about native american? why do you want to exclude them? and of course we need a muslim who believes sharia law. Who else did we forget?

We may need a constitutional amendment to expand the SCOTUS to cover all the different ethnicities, races, and religions, as well as put in the amendment that they all have to be represented.

No, I am acknowledging the willingness of the media and the left to call out the other side on its racist and sexist tendencies.

So wait, are you now saying that if a person is criticizing a black woman, he's probably a racist if he's not a left winger?

Just curious. You seem to be so **** sure that Hillary, the most evil woman in politics, is going to win this year. Are you a member of the Illuminati and privy to the Shadow Govt.?

Just a observer of the Republican party, the lone party capable of thwarting Ms. Clinton, tearing itself apart and on the verge of nominating one of two individuals (assuming that they avoid a brokered convention) that are supremely unpopular with folks outside of the base of the Republican party.

So wait, are you now saying that if a person is criticizing a black woman, he's probably a racist if he's not a left winger?

Ok, this is the third time - in a row - that you have tried to rephrase my statement into a strawman of your own choosing. It is a weak method of argumentation and I will not continue with the charade.

:lol: why or? and what about native american? why do you want to exclude them? and of course we need a muslim who believes sharia law. Who else did we forget?

We may need a constitutional amendment to expand the SCOTUS to cover all the different ethnicities, races, and religions, as well as put in the amendment that they all have to be represented.

Native Americans are in the same race family as Asian and Indian. Hawaiian is in the Asian family. I said "and races/ethnicities like that," so all other races are included.

Diversity isn't mandated. But it's important that one's culture be represented in various government posts. You are white male. Imagine what the laws of the country would look like if all the govt posts had been held by black men and women for centuries. I think you'd think your culture isn't being represented very well.

But until recent years, almost all govt posts were held by white males. Not saying the laws are not just, but they would naturally be laws set from the viewpoint of white males. Diversity is important.

I think the Srinivisan man will be nominated. Super intelligent, seems to be well liked, knowledgeable of the S.Ct. (teaches a course on it at Harvard Law), experienced, and I've read he's moderate and believes in the strict application of the law, regardless of one's political viewpoint (which is the way it should be). His race/ethnicity is also not already represented on the Court, so that's a plus. (not a requirement; a plus). The country has a lot of Indian/Asian/ME citizens. He's also the right age (48). But we'll see what happens.

Ok, this is the third time - in a row - that you have tried to rephrase my statement into a strawman of your own choosing. It is a weak method of argumentation and I will not continue with the charade.

The charade is that you and the left actually care about minorities, you can clearly see that you are far more than ok to use the ethnicity, and race of a person as the sole basis to mount an attack against people who have made NO issue of either.

and, counselor, a question, cannot be a strawman.

Back
Top Bottom