• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Liz Cheney - Republican Party "must decide whether we are going to choose truth and fidelity to the Constitution"

I am wondering what organization will pick up the mantle of conservativism, now that the republican party is nothing but a cult of personality to Trump.
Maybe your hero Liz Cheney will do it. Im sure you will climb right on board.

You dont get to demand that I answer your questions while you avoid mine.

I am not “demanding” anything. I am merely asking you to clarify your statement. You said that Liz Cheney was “dishonest”, but you can’t seem to identify an actual statement that she has made that would show so. That means that your original statement about her is what is REALLY dishonest. What has she said that is dishonest? Or were you wrong.

Maybe your hero Liz Cheney will do it. Im sure you will climb right on board.

What? No. I'm a dem. I realize that distinguishing between the political inclinations of anyone left of Atilla the Hun may be difficult for you guys right now, because your Overton Window is smashed up against the right hand stops, but rest assured I am not a conservative.

Luce:​

That's the odd scenario taking place right now. The remaining few of the GOP is thinking that it can tough it out and come back. That's a big if. I can only believe that without Trump and his cohorts in Congress being taken down that allows sensible order to be restored again, then somebody with a big name and decent mind who believes in our Constitution and a proper justice system (law and order) will need to emerge to lead a new or revised group of decent Republicans into future politics. That again brings me back to the big if.

Last edited:

Luce:​

That's the odd scenario taking place right now. The remaining few of the GOP is thinking that it can tough it out and come back. That's a big if. I can only believe that without Trump and his cohorts in Congress being taken down that allows sensible order to be restored again, then somebody with a big name and decent mind who believes in our Constitution and a proper justice system (law and order) will need to emerge to lead a new or revised group of decent Republicans into future politics. That again brings me back to the big if.

Trump's shadow will cover the GOP for at least another 4 years...unless of course he goes to jail (which is what he richly deserves)

Real Republicans must wish Trump is jailed to as it is really the only short term way of severity the ties to his presidency

In years to come, and assuming that the GOP still remains intact, Republicans will look back and think Donald Trump was the worst thing that could ever happen to their party.

Trump's shadow will cover the GOP for at least another 4 years...unless of course he goes to jail (which is what he richly deserves)

Real Republicans must wish Trump is jailed to as it is really the only short term way of severity the ties to his presidency

In years to come, and assuming that the GOP still remains intact, Republicans will look back and think Donald Trump was the worst thing that could ever happen to their party.

They have almost all become politically compromised by Trump's popularity among the basically ignorant base which is now the victim of over two decades of far right propaganda. There is basically no hope for them.

I am not “demanding” anything. I am merely asking you to clarify your statement. You said that Liz Cheney was “dishonest”, but you can’t seem to identify an actual statement that she has made that would show so. That means that your original statement about her is what is REALLY dishonest. What has she said that is dishonest? Or were you wrong.
It is dishonest to claim that the GOP is at a 'turning point' when it is not. It is dishonest to insinuate that members of her caucus dont support the Constitution. Other than that its hard to say what was more annoying, her virtue signaling and her aping the language of the left or her draping herself in the Constitution like Ted Cruz. She is the type of republican that brought Trump to power in the first place and no amount of whining from her will put that toothpaste back in the tube or save her ass from political oblivion.

It is dishonest to claim that the GOP is at a 'turning point' when it is not.

The tipping point will come when McCarthy replaces Cheney with Elise Stefanik.

Strange because Cheney voted in line with Trump far more often (95.8%0 than Stefanik.

But then again, Stefanik is willing to perpetrate the Big Lie.

251382.png

her virtue signaling and her aping the language of the left or her draping herself in the Constitution like Ted Cruz.
So, when Liz Cheney spoke these words "choose truth and fidelity to the Constitution" when referencing that this past election of 2020 wasn't stolen, she's draping herself in the Constitution as if she's bs'n everybody? It's fact that the election wasn't stolen. When she states that fact, she's telling the truth. So now, she's vilified by the Trumplicans for telling the truth. That she should lie about it (or else) like (S/I/T) Trump lies about it. How is it you can square that?

"The Republican Party is at a turning point, and Republicans must decide whether we are going to choose truth and fidelity to the Constitution," the Wyoming Republican wrote in the op-ed. “History is watching. Our children are watching. We must be brave enough to defend the basic principles that underpin and protect our freedom and our democratic process.”

That is nothing but meaningless platitudes. She is going to have to come up with better lines than that if she wishes to convince anyone other than the mindless left.
its weird to think that Dems need to be convinced that the big lie is anything other than a big lie.

If the Republicans are dead set on making themselves unelectable by backing Trump as an unopposed leader who must never be questioned I say good luck to them.

The party can then wallow in the fury they love so much and complain that it's all some sort of plot rather than face the fact that having a hugely unpopular leader and policies that only help the super rich isn't popular.

It is dishonest to claim that the GOP is at a 'turning point' when it is not. It is dishonest to insinuate that members of her caucus dont support the Constitution. Other than that its hard to say what was more annoying, her virtue signaling and her aping the language of the left or her draping herself in the Constitution like Ted Cruz. She is the type of republican that brought Trump to power in the first place and no amount of whining from her will put that toothpaste back in the tube or save her ass from political oblivion.

It is you who is being dishonest. The GOP is indeed at a turning point just as Liz Cheny said in that they can continue down the road of the craziness and the BIG LIE, or they can save themselves by turning away from it. And Republican members of Congress do NOT support the Constitution if they want to overturn the recent presidential election by claiming "fraud", which is the BIG LIE. So why are the right-wing base so dishonest that they won't admit that?

They will stick with falsehoods, job security, opportunism, and a populism based on cultural grievances against minorities and liberal democracy.

They will stick with falsehoods, job security, opportunism, and a populism based on cultural grievances against minorities and liberal democracy.

JFK is crying in his grave for the lack of any political "Profiles in Courage" at the present time, and especially from the crazy-loon Repub party whereby the politicians are bowing to the ignorant uneducated masses.

JFK is crying in his grave for the lack of any political "Profiles in Courage" at the present time, and especially from the crazy-loon Repub party whereby the politicians are bowing to the ignorant uneducated masses.
Ted Sorensen, but same difference.

It is you who is being dishonest. The GOP is indeed at a turning point just as Liz Cheny said in that they can continue down the road of the craziness and the BIG LIE, or they can save themselves by turning away from it. And Republican members of Congress do NOT support the Constitution if they want to overturn the recent presidential election by claiming "fraud", which is the BIG LIE. So why are the right-wing base so dishonest that they won't admit that?
Thirty years of intensive conditioning.

That's always the answer to questions like yours:

Folks paid lots of money for thirty years to lake them the way they are.

Perfect box. They believe nonsense and dismiss out of hand any information to the contrary.

Their husbands could keep their mistresses in the house. All their kids could be the wrong color.

They'd never bat an eye.

They have almost all become politically compromised by Trump's popularity among the basically ignorant base which is now the victim of over two decades of far right propaganda. There is basically no hope for them.

Yes, they have a tiger by the tail.

Give me the names of those republican members of congress who want to overturn the last presidential election

Says the guy dutifully spewing the propaganda fed to him by his left wing masters. 😂

The republican base seems to be educated enough to figure out how to get an ID to vote so maybe its your base that aint all that bright.

Give me the names of those republican members of congress who want to overturn the last presidential election

Look up the 136 or so who voted against certifying the electoral college results on Jan 6. That would be a good start.

The woman slated to replace Cheney refers to Trump as the president. What does that tell you?

Look up the 136 or so who voted against certifying the electoral college results on Jan 6. That would be a good start.
And which of those members is currently trying to overturn the last election?

The woman slated to replace Cheney refers to Trump as the president. What does that tell you?
Lots of people refer to him President Trump just like they do to President Obama for that matter

Back
Top Bottom