• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Libs of TikTok targeted a district, then a non-binary student was killed on campus

Where are you getting this? The OP says she "endured a reportedly vicious beating in a high school bathroom of Owasso High School, Nex died the next day in the hospital." This discrimination of these people is ridiculous. High school girls committing murder over this?

"preliminary information from the medical examiner’s office is that a complete autopsy was performed and indicated that the decedent did not die as a result of trauma,” police said.

Says who? Nex is nonbinary, so stop misgendering them. Show some decency.

Nex was nobinary. They/them are the proper pronouns.

You also used she/her when referring to Nex.

DCCougar said:
I expect the connection is a severe traumatic brain injury and a massive brain bleed, leading to brain death -- by repeated smashing of her head into the concrete of the bathroom floor.
That's possible but it hasn't been established yet. If it turns out to be true I don't think you can convict on murder.
The beating caused the death. That's murder.

Trans people are delusional....
What do you know about it? Oh, absolutely nothing? Then why make comments as if you do? One could say you'd have to be under some sort of delusion to think your ignorant opinion means anything to anyone. Or is it you're just trying to be an internet bully?

Says who? Nex is nonbinary, so stop misgendering them. Show some decency.

They/them are not proper pronouns for a single person

What do you know about it?
That they’re pretending to be something they’re not
Oh, absolutely nothing? Then why make comments as if you do?
Because I’m right
One could say you'd have to be under some sort of delusion to think your ignorant opinion means anything to anyone. Or is it you're just trying to be an internet bully?
The only bullies are these delusional people demanding recognition of their delusion

"preliminary information from the medical examiner’s office is that a complete autopsy was performed and indicated that the decedent did not die as a result of trauma,” police said.
Source please. Don't autopsies usually say what someone died from, not what they didn't die from? :rolleyes:

Lisa, I am totally on your side in this "discussion," except on this point. I can understand a nonbinary wanting a new pronoun, but "they/them" are already taken.

Source please. Don't autopsies usually say what someone died from, not what they didn't die from? :rolleyes:

They're waiting for toxicology reports, but the preliminary autopsy has apparently ruled out blunt force trauma.

Lisa, I am totally on your side in this "discussion," except on this point. I can understand a nonbinary wanting a new pronoun, but "they/them" are already taken.

This is my issue; they/them are already used for other scenarios.

I'm fine with gender-neutral pronouns, but maybe something made up like Xe/xem would be better. Women who didn't want to use Mrs or Miss created a new title, Ms. They didn't use an existing title like Master, which was already in use by boys.

You also used she/her when referring to Nex.
I corrected it when I saw that I had accidentally misgendered Nex. You still have a problem with trans and non-binary people. We all know you live on TERF island but you dont have to be proud of of the transphobia. Why is it so hard to be respectful of the inherent dignity of others?

I corrected it when I saw that I had accidentally misgendered Nex. You still have a problem with trans and non-binary people. We all know you live on TERF island but you dont have to be proud of of the transphobia. Why is it so hard to be respectful of the inherent dignity of others?

I don't have any problem with trans or NB people.

I think they/them are poor uses of pronouns for NB people - I think something new like Xe/Xim is a much better option - but I have made sure that I've used them when talking about Nex out of respect.

Then kindly stop misgendering Nex.

What? I have never misgendered them. I have used they/them pronouns for them in every post. I have never denied they identified as non-binary.

Don't you ****ing dare accuse me of misgendering a dead kid when I haven't.

Bigots will do bigoty stuff and they get away with it in conservative states.

Nobody ever said the non-binary student attacked anyone before the beating. The state only acted after the NB student died,.. before they died, they were suspended.

Oklahoma didnt "ban" any students from restrooms, thats not true.

They "banned" the boys from using the girls room and vice versa. Kinda bizarre that that even had to be done. But here we are in 2024.

What? I have never misgendered them. I have used they/them pronouns for them in every post. I have never denied they identified as non-binary.

Don't you ****ing dare accuse me of misgendering a dead kid when I haven't.
Referring to someone who is NB by their sex is misgendering them.

#111.

Oklahoma didnt "ban" any students from restrooms, thats not true.

They "banned" the boys from using the girls room and vice versa. Kinda bizarre that that even had to be done. But here we are in 2024.
Those "boys" are trans females. The supposed girls are trans guys. Are you denying that gender idneity exits, or is this an admission that you don't understand it? You are trying to deny that transgender people exist as equals and the 2016 G.G. vs. Gloucester School Board decision that said that trans kids have the right to use the bathroom of their gender identity.

If trans girls are forced to use the male bathroom then who protects them from assault, or don't their lives and safety matter? Do you want transguys in the girls bathroom?

What bathroom do you think that transgender and NB people have been using without incident since the 1950s, or did transgender people only exist with the need to pee until 2016?

BTW. Nex was nonbinary but born biologically female, so they were in the right bathroom and still they was assaulted with a severe head injury. They were denied medical care by the school.

Those "boys" are trans females. The supposed girls are trans guys. Are you denying that gender idneity exits, or is this an admission that you don't understand it? You are trying to deny that transgender people exist as equals and the 2016 G.G. vs. Gloucester School Board decision that said that trans kids have the right to use the bathroom of their gender identity.

If trans girls are forced to use the male bathroom then who protects them from assault, or don't their lives and safety matter? Do you want transguys in the girls bathroom?

What bathroom do you think that transgender and NB people have been using without incident since the 1950s, or did transgender people only exist with the need to pee until 2016?

BTW. Nex was nonbinary but born biologically female, so they were in the right bathroom and still they was assaulted with a severe head injury. They were denied medical care by the school.
People are such victims about this no nobody's saying trans people don't exist when they refer to them by the proper pronoun. Pronouns are sex based they are not gender-based in fact it's nothing at all is gender-based we moved past that in like the 1960s I don't know why you want to drag us all back.

Psssssst: no single human being is a "they", and should never be referred to as a "they" in the plural sense.

Lets just stop it. RIGHT NOW. Please and thank you.

Do we actually know that was the motive for the bullying? It may have been, but just because an NB or trans person is being bullied doesn't automatically mean their gender is the basis of the bullying.

If Nex's attackers are put on trial--and they should, barring guilty pleas--they will come up with some bullshit about how Rex's nonbinaryism had nothing to do with their decision to attack Rex. They will play the crybully card.

Psssssst: no single human being is a "they", and should never be referred to as a "they" in the plural sense.

Thank you for admitting to misgendering nonbinary people.

Why Are Pronouns Important?​

Whether or not pronoun use feels important to you personally, it is an important subject overall. That's because using a person's correct pronouns is a matter of basic respect, which is something that everyone deserves. Correct pronoun usage is a validation of a person's gender, and gender validation is proven to have a positive impact on mental health outcomes.2

The correct usage of pronouns is also validating and affirming for a person's gender identity, even if the pronouns that someone uses aren't gendered. The simple act of using a person's pronouns has been shown to make people feel that their gender identity is validated and affirmed, in turn, enhancing their well-being.3

Pronouns are important because they mark the difference between having a positive experience with someone instead of a harmful or negative one.

Deadnaming—What It Is and Why It's Harmful to Mental Health

Who Would Use They/Them Pronouns?​

As we have learned by the growing usage of they/them pronouns, there are numerous types of people who would use them. The most important thing is to simply not make assumptions about a person's gender identity, as anyone could potentially be a fit for they/them pronouns. One notorious example of this is the slogan, "Femmes can be thems." This means that even if a person looks feminine to you, they might use they/them pronouns.

Nonbinary people are the most well-known group who are likely to use they/them pronouns. That's because non-gendered pronouns make sense as a fit for someone who does not identify within the binary box of male or female. But anyone who is gender diverse or expansive, bigender, or otherwise outside of the gender binary might use them.
Lets just stop it. RIGHT NOW. Please and thank you.
No, they exist with equal rights. Bigotry is so last century, or Republican.

If Nex's attackers are put on trial--and they should, barring guilty pleas--they will come up with some bullshit about how Rex's nonbinaryism had nothing to do with their decision to attack Rex. They will play the crybully card.
They will DARVO on the stand. It's what bullies do when they get called out or held accountable. https://www.verywellmind.com/protecting-yourself-from-darvo-abusive-behavior-7562730

Back
Top Bottom