• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Liberals: Do You Really Want The Police To Be The Only Ones With Guns?

you will be a great deal less paranoid when you realize how false your post is. The question is why are you so into lies.

Why is his post false?

You can't live in California and believe the liberals want to allow civilians to own firearms.

What are you talking about? The second amendment gives any citizen the right to own any gun they want. No state can say otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are you talking about? The second amendment gives any citizen the right to own any gun they want. No state can say otherwise.

Wrong, some states have very restrictive gun laws, you might want to research that a bit more.

True, but some people (liberals) think they can usurp The Constitution.

You can't live in California and believe the liberals want to allow civilians to own firearms.

I would not know, I am a liberal living in TX, know lots of liberals here that do not want to take away peoples gunsm

The Libbos want an oppressive federal police force with unrestricted authority and abolish state and local law enforcement. It's stupid and will become a self inflicted wound, but that's what they want.

Can you provide scholarly sources to back up your statenent? Oh, the NRA is NOT a schorlary source ok

Like immigration laws, California picks and chooses what laws it honors.

Wrong, some states have very restrictive gun laws, you might want to research that a bit more.

Can you give me an example of a state law that says a civilian cannot own a gun?

True, but some people (liberals) think they can usurp The Constitution.

LOL 80% of Trumps ideas are unconstitutional...not to mention he's undermining the entire justice system every time he whines publically about his own lawsuits...and the FBI decision about Hillary...and how unfair and corrupt it all is.

Do you know what happens to a country that doesn't have a justice system? I hate to imagine.

Ultimately, gun banners want to take those away as well, and "de-militarize" the police. Unless, of course those cops are federal cops. The federal government, in many of their opinions, is the only legitimate government and should have all the power.

Your opinion or do you have scholarly sources to back up those claims. Oh, the NRA and Faux news opinion pundits are not scholarly sources ok

Restrictive gun laws are not an outright ban which is what you want the rest of us to believe. You are incorrect and spreading misinformation.

You seem to see things I never stated, please point out where I said restrictive meant an outright ban, or is it You that is spreading misinformation. Let me bring up an inconvenient truth, when Columbine occurred CO had restrictive gun laws and the AR ban was in force across the Nation, yet it happened anyway. The only way one could prevent such occurrences would be for the government to kill the 2nd A and them forcibly confiscate every firearm in private citizens hands, that would never happen, to even attempt it would result in open warfare between the People and the Government. The horses are already out of the barn, went over the hill and around the bend in the road many many years ago, closing the barn door now is not the answer. Let me ask this when I grew up many homes had guns in them and people did not regularly use them to kill each other, today we hear about an argument between two people ending in shoots fired and several dead and wounded, is it because guns changed or because people have changed. Find out what is wrong with society and cure it and the gun violence will go away, more restrictive gun laws or bans on specific guns will not fix the problem. Cure the actual Problem instead of blaming part of the symptoms.

Like immigration laws, California picks and chooses what laws it honors.

Can you give me a link to a law that California honors over the second amendment? Does California have a law that infringes on a citizens right to own a gun?

Can you give me an example of a state law that says a civilian cannot own a gun?

Can you give me an example of any place I made any such claim?

LOL 80% of Trumps ideas are unconstitutional...not to mention he's undermining the entire justice system every time he whines publically about his own lawsuits...and the FBI decision about Hillary...and how unfair and corrupt it all is.

Do you know what happens to a country that doesn't have a justice system? I hate to imagine.

Do you support gun band?

Can you provide scholarly sources to back up your statenent? Oh, the NRA is NOT a schorlary source ok

Do you support a federal police force?

Can you give me an example of any place I made any such claim?

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

evbb5y.jpg

Again you are wrong, you said an citizen can buy any gun, I said that is untrue, the Glock 22, 17 and 19 that I own cannot be bought in some states. I never said they were banned, YOU did, and you cannot show where I ever said any such thing, so much for having an honest discussion with you on the topic.

Here's a picture of you having the exact same thing to say to another person who interpret it the same way as me. So I'm showing you plenty to verify that I am trying to have an honest discussion with you on the topic.

24qk6bl.png

Now why don't you do me a favor and actually tell me what states, and under what law does not allow a citizen to buy those particular handgun models you were talking about.

The laws are carefully crafted to stay out of federal court where possible. California seeks to prevent private ownership of firearms by default in the sense that they keep ratcheting up the inconvenience.

For your perusal:

Frequently Asked Questions | State of California - Department of Justice - Kamala D. Harris Attorney General

And there are a new batch on top if this coming down the pike that were just signed by the Governor, including a background check to buy ammo, amounts allowed to be possessed, and an implied search at agricultural stops at entrances into California to insure compliance

Then there is micro stamping that I believe is still court. The issue is gun mfgs won't microstamp, so happily for anti gun forces, they won't sell in California. There is also the implied liability that if a gun is stolen and used in a crime, the owner can be sued, opening another front - making liability insurance for gun owners unobtainable at a reasonable rate.

They keep on grinding away at citizens rights to own guns by fencing in the second amendment.

What's wrong with being an Obama supporter? Is your chief and commander and twice elected. Do you agree that there's no way to make an educated assessment of A current president until years after they've served when you can actually see the effects of what they put in place?

I would reference this book that Bob Schaeffer wrote on Ronald Reagan after his presidency and got it all wrong on Gorbachev and the Soviet Union.

The Acting President by Bob Schieffer — Reviews, Discussion, Bookclubs, Lists

Yes, I can judge him pretty accurately by how he's been in office, he's probably worse than bush, if not more so. I can't think of a thing he's done right.

Here's a picture of you having the exact same thing to say to another person who interpret it the same way as me. So I'm showing you plenty to verify that I am trying to have an honest discussion with you on the topic.

24qk6bl.png

Now why don't you do me a favor and actually tell me what states, and under what law does not allow a citizen to buy those particular handgun models you were talking about.

California for one.

Back
Top Bottom