• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Libby Indicted

TwoPops4Sure said:
Correction. Rove hasn't been indicted yet. I love this because it keeps the White House in turmoil. Rove is too egotistical to resign to take the heat off the White House. The investigation led by an unflappable Republican prosecutor will continue at a Chinese water torture pace and will consume the balance of the disgraceful presidency of Bush.

TwoPops

In order to indict Rove a new Grand Jury would have to be assembled and that is highly unlikely.......Much to the chagrin of people like you Rove came out of this smelling like a rose...............

Navy Pride said:
The good news is if your a Republican or a Conservative is that Carl Rove cam out unscathed............

That has to be a tough pill for the Democrats and the Liberals to swallow who smelled blood in the water over this whole incident........

Guess you forgot to click the little link in the story....not that it really matters anymore.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/10/28/rove.leak.ap/index.html

Had Bush kept his word about firing anybody found to be leaking information Rove would have stepped down quite a while ago. I think Rove is living on borrowed time atm. Making them wait for an answer is going to raise the level of tension in the whitehouse.

hipsterdufus said:
Libby is the first to be indicted while still drawing a White House paycheck. but much of the Nixon staff was indicted after resigning or being fired. *A number of Reagan administration officials were also indicted in connection with Iran-Contra and Mike Deaver was indicted after leaving for illegal lobbying activities. *

This is part of a pattern of misconduct by Republican administrations. *This is the real Republican culture of corruption.

Heh, this isn't just a republican thing here, this is a democrat thing too. Democrats are just as bad as republicans when it comes to corruption. I can attest to that when it comes to the Clinton Adminstration. It trips me out to see people vehmently defend Clinton and I sort of laugh to myself and think "Boy, if they only knew." But most of what I know, never made the news, so they wouldn't know heh heh.

scottyz said:
Had Bush kept his word about firing anybody found to be leaking information Rove would have stepped down quite a while ago. I think Rove is living on borrowed time atm. Making them wait for an answer is going to raise the level of tension in the whitehouse.

As usual Scotty you have no clue...........President Bush said that if someone was indicted he would ask them to resign........He did not have to do that with Libby..........He already resigned........

I have a flash for you my friend, and indictment really does not mean squat.........In this country you are innocent until proven guilty although you lefties would like to lynch anyone that disagrees with you on the issues.........

Navy Pride said:
In order to indict Rove a new Grand Jury would have to be assembled and that is highly unlikely.......Much to the chagrin of people like you Rove came out of this smelling like a rose...............

I think their is a good chance that prosecutor will go after Rove. That is why he is still under investigation. Rove still has the heat on him heh heh. Rove might smile for the cameras but I guarantee you, he is filling the heat and pressure off the cameras. The prosecutor will probably try to leverage Libby and get more information out of him concerning Rove or anybody else. He is slowly working on the House of Cards right now and is using pressure tatics with Libby's indictment to make them feel the heat and perhaps ultimately go after others.

TimmyBoy said:
I can attest to that when it comes to the Clinton Adminstration. It trips me out to see people vehmently defend Clinton and I sort of laugh to myself and think "Boy, if they only knew." But most of what I know, never made the news, so they wouldn't know heh heh.
Are you talking about things like the proxy pardons etc?
I grew up in AR and have heard more than my share of Clinton affairs. I've even partied in the same places as Roger.

Try to slowly and gradually break Libby down in any sort of plea agreement and get more info out of him. Try to get him to dime out Rove or anybody else in the Bush Adminstration. Dime em out except a plea deal or face a serious prison sentence.

TimmyBoy said:
Try to slowly and gradually break Libby down in any sort of plea agreement and get more info out of him. Try to get him to dime out Rove or anybody else in the Bush Adminstration. Dime em out except a plea deal or face a serious prison sentence.

Or you could just stall for a few years, then pull a Clinton, and just pardon anyone who was caught up in this mess, it's the American way it would appear.;)

Navy Pride said:
In this country you are innocent until proven guilty although you lefties would like to lynch anyone that disagrees with you on the issues.........

Ha ha ha ha. This coming from a republican who thinks that outing a CIA agent (not necessarily violating a statute) is okay when one disagrees with the issue involved.

Navy Pride, can you agree with me that there have been attacks against those who don't agree with the White House?

Deegan said:
Or you could just stall for a few years, then pull a Clinton, and just pardon anyone who was caught up in this mess, it's the American way it would appear.;)

It's all politics man. Gee and I thought our justice system was "fair and objective" and "not influenced by political pressures." heh heh.

Navy Pride said:
As usual Scotty you have no clue
Mod Note

Let's keep the personal attacks out of this forum. Thanks!

/Mod Note

Navy Pride said:
As usual Scotty you have no clue...........President Bush said that if someone was indicted he would ask them to resign........He did not have to do that with Libby..........He already resigned........
Originally, Bush was not as specific as all this. IIRC, the verb was "involved," not indicted. Eventually, the verbage changed. If I thought it would make a difference to you, I'd provide a citation for this assertion.

Navy Pride said:
I have a flash for you my friend, and indictment really does not mean squat...
IIRC, it means that there's evidence enough for a trial to be warranted.

shuamort said:
Mod Note

Let's keep the personal attacks out of this forum. Thanks!

/Mod Note

shuamort, do you really think that is a bad thing to say? That's not something that would remotely bother me, and, in fact, I think that's a pretty tame insult. I believe I might have said worse to others (okay okay....I know I have).

Re: White House Fears Indictment For Libby

Deegan said:
He has been indicted, and will now resign, thank God this is over.:roll:

Oh, and great news for those on the left, Rove will not be indicted, I've got extra tissues if you need them.:lol:

Not over yet. They seem to be saving the charges on Rove for later. Perhaps they are going to see what information they can get with a threatening indictment on Libby. Anyone think Libby will sing like a canary?

Navy Pride said:

They are already talking about a new grand jury.

aps said:
Ha ha ha ha. This coming from a republican who thinks that outing a CIA agent (not necessarily violating a statute) is okay when one disagrees with the issue involved.

Navy Pride, can you agree with me that there have been attacks against those who don't agree with the White House?

aps, Joe Wilson is a partisan and a proven liar in that he said Cheney sent him to Niger when it was nepostism in that his wife sent him................He is the one that should be charged......

I have to keep reminding you I am not a Republican......

The charge of outing a CIA agent was not even addressed in the indictment because Ms. Plame has not been covert since 1997........Its all smoke and mirrors dear to get Carl Rove........Like I said the dems are like sharks and smell blood in the water.........

alex said:
They are already talking about a new grand jury.

Fine, go for it......This grand jury was in session for 2 years and they could not get him........

Navy Pride said:
Fine, go for it......This grand jury was in session for 2 years and they could not get him........

That was because reporters were refusing to reveal their sources.

aps said:

shuamort, do you really think that is a bad thing to say? That's not something that would remotely bother me, and, in fact, I think that's a pretty tame insult. I believe I might have said worse to others (okay okay....I know I have).

[Moderator mode]

Culmination of events...

Standing on its own, you are correct...

But combined with previous comments and repeated warnings, shuamort felt that it was necessary to intervene and make sure this doesn't escalate into flame wars past history has indicated...

[/Moderator mode]

And you have said worse...your posts have been handed over to Special Prosecutor Fitzgerald and an investigation has been started...Libby says he does not know you, but he may be lying...:2wave:

Hell the big charge was suppose to be the outing a a covert CIA agent and that was not even mentioned in the indictment of Libby..........

Navy Pride said:

I have a flash for you my friend, and indictment really does not mean squat.........In this country you are innocent until proven guilty although you lefties would like to lynch anyone that disagrees with you on the issues.........
Just like Miers was going to be the newest member of scotus according to you? Bush had previously stated anyone found to be leaking info would get the boot. After it turned out that guy might be Rove he changed the wording and added that the person must also be indicted.

Navy Pride said:
Hell the big charge was suppose to be the outing a a covert CIA agent and that was not even mentioned in the indictment of Libby..........
According to Fitzgerald he was told SO MANY LIES he hasn't even gotten to the bottom of that subject yet. Maybe if people in this admin. would stop feeding him BS we would have an answer.

scottyz said:
Just like Miers was going to be the newest member of scotus according to you? Bush had previously stated anyone found to be leaking info would get the boot. After it turned out that guy might be Rove he changed the wording and added that the person must also be indicted.

And I was hoping she would be the next justice on the SCOTUS..What is your point?:confused:

Well don't you believe at least a person should be indicted before he has to step down? I guess in your mind if it is a Republican then even if there is a whisper of it they should be fired or quit............Clinton would not step down and he was impeached and convicted of perjury..Oh wait, he was a democrat......:roll:

Back
Top Bottom