• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Libby Indicted

scottyz said:
According to Fitzgerald he was told SO MANY LIES he hasn't even gotten to the bottom of that subject yet. Maybe if people in this admin. would stop feeding him BS we would have an answer.

Hmmmm I listened to the News conference by the Speicla Prosecutor and I did not hear him say that............

Can you enlighten us with a link?

Navy Pride said:
And I was hoping she would be the next justice on the SCOTUS..What is your point?:confused:
You stated she would definitely become a Supreme court judge.. that we could "book it".. :lol:
Well don't you believe at least a person should be indicted before he has to step down? I guess in your mind if it is a Republican then even if there is a whisper of it they should be fired or quit............Clinton would not step down and he was impeached and convicted of perjury..Oh wait, he was a democrat......:roll:
It has nothing to do with being a Dem or Repub. Bush stated anyone found to be leaking info would get the boot. When that person turned out to be Rove he changed his original statement. I believe Bush should have stayed true to the original statement.

Navy Pride said:
I have a flash for you my friend, and indictment really does not mean squat.........In this country you are innocent until proven guilty although you lefties would like to lynch anyone that disagrees with you on the issues.........
Really? So then all those posts that your wrote calling Clinton a rapist and a felon were, to use yor word, "squat" since he was never indicted, never tried, and never found guilty...yet you call him a rapist and a convicted felon?

How do you live with yourself?

Libby is innocent until proven otherwise as is “official A”.

I read the indictment, and I’m shocked at how dumb this man allegedly is. So shocked I have a hard time believing this man wasn’t trying to protect someone higher up.

I have a hard time believing that someone with nothing to hide would blatantly lie like he’s alleged to have done.

I think Fitz is trying to get Libby to turn on “official A”, and I don’t think this investigation is over.

No ,matter what this is not good for America. It's been a huge distraction at a time where we really can't afford to be distracted. ie war on terror, Iran Israel tension, growing problems here at home with respect to the middle and lower classes.

No-one has come out a winner in this.

Navy Pride said:
Hmmmm I listened to the News conference by the Speicla Prosecutor and I did not hear him say that............

Can you enlighten us with a link?
"The truth is the engine of our judicial system," Fitzgerald said. "We didn't get the straight story. We had to - had to - act."

Libby, who quit his White House job when he was indicted, escaped an underlying charge that he knowingly revealed the identity of a covert intelligence officer. Fitzgerald used a baseball analogy to explain, in part, why he could not see his way clear to bring that charge: The lies stood in the way of finding out the facts and motive.

"And what we have when someone charges obstruction of justice - the umpire gets sand thrown in his eyes," he said.

Fitzgerald insisted that "anyone who would go into a grand jury and lie, obstruct and impede the investigation has committed a serious crime."

He flashed a smile Friday when reminded that some critics are accusing him of being partisan. "One day I read that I was a Republican hack, another day I read that I was a Democratic hack," he said. "And the only thing I did between those two nights was sleep."
:lol:

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/1151AP_CIA_Leak_Fitzgerald.html

knicksin2010 said:
I have a hard time believing that someone with nothing to hide would blatantly lie like he’s alleged to have done.

I think Fitz is trying to get Libby to turn on “official A”, and I don’t think this investigation is over.

No-one has come out a winner in this.
I think he will try to make a plea bargain with Libby in order to get Libby to rat on the big fishies. Libby is facing up to 30 years in prison and hopefully he isn't dumb enough to think it's worth serving just to protect Bush and Cheney.

The great thing is that Fitzgerald now gets to use discovery, so he can request any info he wants from the Whitehouse.

Navy Pride said:
Hell the big charge was suppose to be the outing a a covert CIA agent and that was not even mentioned in the indictment of Libby..........

I think they are waiting for Libby to talk more under the pressure of the indictment and then charge Rove with outing a CIA agent. I really do not believe that Libby will allow himself to be sent to prison when he can cooperate and possibly not go. We'll see.

Navy Pride said:
The charge of outing a CIA agent was not even addressed in the indictment because Ms. Plame has not been covert since 1997.
Uhmmm...sorry...untrue...

Here's what Fitzie released today in his official press release:
Prior to July 14, 2003, Valerie Wilson’s employment status was classified. Prior to that date, her affiliation with the CIA was not common knowledge outside the intelligence community.
Source: http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2005/images/10/28/statement.pdf

You wrote "Not covert since 1997." Seems like the people who actually know the truth obviously prove your statement to be an untruth...

You stated she would definitely become a Supreme court judge.. that we could "book it"..

I was wrong, first time this year........:lol:

It has nothing to do with being a Dem or Repub. Bush stated anyone found to be leaking info would get the boot

and to this point no one has......I wonder if you would compare this to what Clinton did oin the last day of his presidency in pardoning Frank Rich a known felon who contributed a lot of money to Clinton's election committee?:roll:

Last edited:
scottyz said:
The great thing is that Fitzgerald now gets to use discovery, so he can request any info he wants from the Whitehouse.
So now that he has an indictment he has the power to request more info then he could before the indictment?

Navy Pride said:
Well don't you believe at least a person should be indicted before he has to step down?
Did you miss the fact that Libby was the first employed member of the White House staff to be indicted in more than 100 years? Seesm like no one whose worked in the White House the last 100 years agrees with you Mr. Pride?
Navy Pride said:
I guess in your mind if it is a Republican then even if there is a whisper of it they should be fired or quit............Clinton would not step down and he was impeached and convicted of perjury..Oh wait, he was a democrat.
What court was that exactly? Didn't you just write in an earlier post today that you're innocent until proven guilty in a court of law? Does that only apply to the people who agree with you and that those who don't agree don't have the same rights as corrupt Republicans?

Hypocrisy is such an ugly thing, you know?

Navy Pride said:
Hell the big charge was suppose to be the outing a a covert CIA agent and that was not even mentioned in the indictment of Libby..........

Their is no doubt somebody outed the CIA agent. The question is who? The statements given do not indicate anybody outed the CIA agent, yet we know the CIA agent was outed. That means somebody is lying.

I can't remember when I have laughed so hard at the antics of the left wing party. :rofl Don't you remember? Lying before a Grand Jury was no big deal during the Clinton impeachment. :2dance:

I mean, when the investigation into the outing of the CIA agent first happenned, the Bush team all met and developed a strategy to avoid the most serious of charges, that, I am sure is a good possibility of happenning. That would require going in and knowingly and intentionally lying to a grand jury and likely, they (the Bush team being 'they') knew somebody would recieve an indictment on that. The CIA was the one who asked for this investigation because it pissed them off.

TimmyBoy said:
Their is no doubt somebody outed the CIA agent. The question is who? The statements given do not indicate anybody outed the CIA agent, yet we know the CIA agent was outed. That means somebody is lying.

The last time she was covert was in 1997.......She was pushing a desk since then,,She even appeared in a lay out in the liberal magazine Vanity Fair....She was about as undercover as you are.......

Put away your blinders for 1 minute and ask yourself....Why didn't the Special Prosecutor indict on that? Never mind.........

Did you miss the fact that Libby was the first employed member of the White House staff to be indicted in more than 100 years? Seesm like no one whose worked in the White House the last 100 years agrees with you Mr. Pride?

And how long had it been since a President was impeached prior to Clinton?:roll:

Re: White House Fears Indictment For Libby

Deegan said:
Ouch, five charges, perjury, obstruction of justice, making false statements, this guy is in some serious trouble.:shock:

I just have to say to ALL the REpubliCONS in this forum:

I TOLD YOU SO!!!

FINALLY the BUsh administration is facing the consquences of thier DISGUSTING and sickening corruption and deception. This is only the beginning I HOPE. Rove will be next, then BUSH HIMSELF -- I just hope that he gets sentenced in a prison like Abu Girahb so he can see what it was like for the people that he ordered to be TORTURED.

TimmyBoy said:
I mean, when the investigation into the outing of the CIA agent first happenned, the Bush team all met and developed a strategy to avoid the most serious of charges, that, I am sure is a good possibility of happenning. That would require going in and knowingly and intentionally lying to a grand jury and likely, they (the Bush team being 'they') knew somebody would recieve an indictment on that. The CIA was the one who asked for this investigation because it pissed them off.

As Hillary once said on the Today show and I paraphrase, "Its all a great right wing conspiracy." :roll:

Navy Pride said:
As Hillary once said on the Today show and I paraphrase, "Its all a great right wing conspiracy." :roll:

Hillary and her husband have no right to talk. They covered up quite a bit where I was at in Bosnia.

sissy-boy said:

I just have to say to ALL the REpubliCONS in this forum:

I TOLD YOU SO!!!

FINALLY the BUsh administration is facing the consquences of thier DISGUSTING and sickening corruption and deception. This is only the beginning I HOPE. Rove will be next, then BUSH HIMSELF -- I just hope that he gets sentenced in a prison like Abu Girahb so he can see what it was like for the people that he ordered to be TORTURED.

A baby’s cry is one of nature’s loudest sounds. At eighty to eighty-five decibels, it is as loud as an unmuffled truck, not far below the pain threshold! Some babies cry more than others, those who do cry usually settle down within three to six months. This is a long time in the life of a new parent! It is easy to understand how these parents become desperate and frayed around the edges.

Babies have different cries–a grating scream, a constant whining, a miserable moaning, a shrill wail–which can drive their parents mad. Some cry more during the day, only really settling when they are being fed or carried; others cry more at night, waking an unbelievable number of times. And some poor unfortunate parents have babies that cry day and night.

http://www.saber.net/~bidarius/homeo/html/crying_babies.html

cnredd said:
A baby’s cry is one of nature’s loudest sounds. At eighty to eighty-five decibels, it is as loud as an unmuffled truck, not far below the pain threshold! Some babies cry more than others, those who do cry usually settle down within three to six months. This is a long time in the life of a new parent! It is easy to understand how these parents become desperate and frayed around the edges.

Babies have different cries–a grating scream, a constant whining, a miserable moaning, a shrill wail–which can drive their parents mad. Some cry more during the day, only really settling when they are being fed or carried; others cry more at night, waking an unbelievable number of times. And some poor unfortunate parents have babies that cry day and night.

http://www.saber.net/~bidarius/homeo/html/crying_babies.html

And just when I thought Limbaugh was a nut...........:rofl

Squawker said:
I can't remember when I have laughed so hard at the antics of the left wing party. :rofl Don't you remember? Lying before a Grand Jury was no big deal during the Clinton impeachment.
Why is that too many Republicans can't stop writing or talking about President Clinton almost 5 years after he left office?

I can't wait to see someone spin the outrageous criminal record of the Bush Administration into Clinton's fault?

This thread is about Scooter getting his ass handed to him. He faces 30 years in jail...Clinton has nothing to do with this discussion, zero....

26 X World Champs said:
Uhmmm...sorry...untrue...

Here's what Fitzie released today in his official press release:

Source: http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2005/images/10/28/statement.pdf

You wrote "Not covert since 1997." Seems like the people who actually know the truth obviously prove your statement to be an untruth...

Here you go my friend, read it and weep.....:lol: Looks like Plame was outed long before Novak's article........

http://www.antimedia.us/posts/1121739704.shtml

Valerie Plame was "outed" by the CIA
In a little known and much less publicized article, Bill Gertz reveals that Valerie Plame's status as a covert CIA agent was revealed by the CIA, long before Robert Novak's infamous article.

This information means that no crime could possibly have been committed by anyone, in or out of the Bush administration. It may also explain why Plame married Wilson in 1997 — she had nothing left to lose at that point.

Navy Pride said:
And how long had it been since a President was impeached prior to Clinton?
Another post about Clinton? Gee, I thought this thread is about Scooter getting busted?

Do you think it's OK that a White House member has been indicted for covering up the conspiracy to protect the Administration lies about why we "had" to go to war in Iraq?

Can't you guys ever stop diverting to Clinton? It's so incredible to me that some of these posters are in such denial that the only way they can post in this thread is to write lies about Clinton?

This thread is about Libby...any Republicans out there willing to write about his "antics"?

30 years is a long time to be in jail? Ever consider that Fitzie will squeeze the truth out of Scooter and then who knows where the long arm of the law will reach?

I bet there's a lot of Immodium being chugged today @ 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

:toilet: :sinking: :toilet:

[QUOTEDo you think it's OK that a White House member has been indicted for covering up the conspiracy to protect the Administration lies about why we "had" to go to war in Iraq?
][/QUOTE]

Yeah I do and unlike Clinton Libby resigned.............

There was nothing inthe indictment about the war in Iraq............

Back
Top Bottom