• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Let's Sacrifice For Fiscal Responsibility

I'm still not making the connection of what titanium has to do with this thread?

You can't read? My point is that even though the U.S.S.R. was an enemy of the U.S. they still sold titanium to the U.S. throughout the Cold War. Despite it having massive military applications. And we bought it from them.

Get the picture?

U.S. military needs to be dramatically higher than it is now in order to prepare the U.S. to fight and win the next major war. You know one is coming.

It would be nice if the military AND EVERY OTHER EXPENDITURE OF THE US GOVERNMENT was limited to only the COLA adjustment used for Social Security.

You can't read? My point is that even though the U.S.S.R. was an enemy of the U.S. they still sold titanium to the U.S. throughout the Cold War. Despite it having massive military applications. And we bought it from them.

Get the picture?
I still don't get what that has to do with fiscal responsibility? And I know all about how we bought titanium from russia during the cold war.

beat this:

the top 20% received the majority of the tax cut

What was the percent reduction in the taxes paid by Buffet?

What I got from this thread was that no one is willing to sacrifice anything in the bill in order for it to even have the appearance of fiscal responsibility.

Not even SEC. 70202. CIVILIAN CLIMATE CORPS.

1.7billion National Park Service Civilian Climate Corps.--
900million - Bureau of Land Management Civilian Climate Corps.--
400 million - United States Fish and Wildlife Service Civilian Climate Corps.--
500million - Tribal Civilian Climate Corps.--

What I got from this thread was that no one is willing to sacrifice anything in the bill in order for it to even have the appearance of fiscal responsibility.

I'm willing to sacrifice EVERYTHING mentioned directly or referenced tangentially in this or any other 2000+ page theft of funds from the Treasury.

i am more than willing to roll back the tRump $1.9 Trillion tax cut in the interest of national fiscal policy

Given the BBBBill will increase the deficit, name one thing that you will give up in order to reduce the cost. Ill give up the whole thing if it helps. Heres a summary of the costs according to the CBO.

Title I. Committee on Agriculture 81,746
Title II. Committee on Education and Labora 458,986
Title III. Committee on Energy and Commerce 321,736
Title IV. Committee on Financial Services 156,643
Title IX. Committee on Science, Space, and Technology 9,424
Title V. Committee on Homeland Security 1,500
Title VI. Committee on the Judiciary 147,898
Title VII. Committee on Natural Resources 17,012
Title VIII. Committee on Oversight and Reform 13,775
Title X. Committee on Small Business 5,025
Title XI. Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure 39,278
Title XII. Committee on Veterans Affairs 5,000
Title XIII. Committee on Ways and Means 419,901

And a few examples

REQUIRING FULL BENEFITS FOR PREGNANT
20 AND POSTPARTUM WOMEN FOR 12-MONTH PERIOD POST
21 PREGNANCY.—

$4,260,000,000 for awarding planning
17 grants under this section to develop and evaluate
18 housing policy plans and substantially improve hous19
ing strategies;

NATIVE AMERICAN OUTREACH PROGRAM.—

SEC. 100602. NEW START ENTREPRENEURIAL DEVELOP5
MENT PROGRAM FOR FORMERLY INCARCER6
ATED INDIVIDUALS.
Maybe it would have benefitted you to read the Original Plan, and you'd know what they have already cut back on.

In this day and age, the only people who chase Austerity, is Republican when a Democrat is in office. Because they know Austerity never built or progressed anything has never done anything that serves the American working class society.
Additionally, Modern Day Republicans have never see a bill, they did not want to fleece it for what they want, and then try and deny everything else within a bill.

These Men do not want to give power to the peoples voice. They want to keep it among themselves and for themselves.
A new study finds that despite being less than one third of the population, white men hold a majority of elected positions.

They don't assistance to go to anyone they don't want to have it.

i am more than willing to roll back the tRump $1.9 Trillion tax cut in the interest of national fiscal policy

Do you seriously think that Federal Spending will be reduced by this useless and irrational move?

Do you seriously think that Federal Spending will be reduced by this useless and irrational move?
the accumulated federal deficit would be reduced by ... wait for it ... $1.9 Trillion

weren't you complaining about the size of the deficit? if so, jump on board and repeal the tax break that went primarily to the most among us

the accumulated federal deficit would be reduced by ... wait for it ... $1.9 Trillion

weren't you complaining about the size of the deficit? if so, jump on board and repeal the tax break that went primarily to the most among us

Are you assuming that there is no dynamic change to anything resulting from the changes made to any particular thing?

This is beyond anything rational.

Back
Top Bottom