• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Let's consolidate invaild pro-gun arguments

The government has always had The People outgunned.

The government is the people. The government couldn't unleash the military on the people even if it wanted to.

How do we stop unwanted behavior without being violent?

We can't make better tools for self-defense than guns?

Vehicles are always involved in driving while intoxicated.
There is no better tool for self defense.

So using your guns are the problem philosophy we need to ban vehicles too. That would work well.

Here's a great tidbit for my ongoing thesis that civilian guns parallel militarism guns. Less than a minute into the video the gun store owner says something close to, "Most gun makers went out of business between wars."

Civilian gun sales help keep gun manufacturers in business so they can make a killing (unfunny pun intended) when war comes around.

And, war just keeps coming around, doesn't it? War profiteers. Despicable.

At ~9:45 of the above video:

Vice: Does it make you feel safer?

Islamic dentist that conceal-carries: No, it makes me think of worst case scenarios.
----

~1150:

With so many guns being made every year, and only ten states requiring you to report when a firearm is missing or stolen ...

Last edited:
Here's a great tidbit for my ongoing thesis that civilian guns parallel militarism guns. Less than a minute into the video the gun store owner says something close to, "Most gun makers went out of business between wars."

Civilian gun sales help keep gun manufacturers in business so they can make a killing (unfunny pun intended) when war comes around.

Then stop electing politicians who get and keep us in wars. Its got nothing to do with gun makers. They just fill the demand of the politicians.

Then stop electing politicians who get and keep us in wars. Its got nothing to do with gun makers. They just fill the demand of the politicians.
I'm all for that! Know any?

At ~9:45 of the above video:

Vice: Does it make you feel safer?

Islamic dentist that conceal-carries: No, it makes me think of worst case scenarios.
----

~1150:

With so many guns being made every year, and only ten states requiring you to report when a firearm is missing or stolen ...
A dentist with a gun is a worst case scenario to you?

A dentist with a gun is a worst case scenario to you?
"Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive!" (Sir Walter Scott, 1808)

"Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive!" (Sir Walter Scott, 1808)
It is what you wrote. Defend it or admit you just dribble out ignorance.

The fly in that soup is the majority of firearms manufacturers do not supply the military with firearms.......

No, that's not what I wrote.
Gee, here's the quote from your post in 180
" Islamic dentist that conceal-carries: No, it makes me think of worst case scenarios."

Explain how that is a "worst case scenario".

The fly in that soup is the majority of firearms manufacturers do not supply the military with firearms.......
So what?

Gee, here's the quote from your post in 180
" Islamic dentist that conceal-carries: No, it makes me think of worst case scenarios."

Explain how that is a "worst case scenario".
I quoted him.

Chuckle.

So what if (supposedly) the majority of American firearms manufacturers don't supply the US military?

The US is the biggest gun supplier in and to the world.
You where the one that was making that accusation and now you are attempting to move that goal post, wasting my time.

You where the one that was making that accusation and now you are attempting to move that goal post, wasting my time.
I didn't make that accusation.

Back
Top Bottom