• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Let’s Stay Angry About Jan. 6

Its difficult to not stay angry about 1/6 when you consider that the GOP continues to maintain the falsehoods that motivated the insurrection to begin with.

How many worked in law enforcement?

At least five of those arrested were employed as law enforcement officers at the time of the riot, and at least four of those arrested had previously worked as police officers. Prosecutors also charged one current firefighter and one retired firefighter.

Of the five police officers employed at the time of the riot, four have since lost their jobs. An officer in North Cornwall Township, Pennsylvania was suspended without pay after he was charged with, among other crimes, obstruction of law enforcement during civil disorder.

Houston police officer Tam Dinh Pham and Monmouth County correctional police officer Marissa Suarez both resigned after they were arrested, and two Virginia police officers were fired after prosecutors charged them for their alleged conduct at the Capitol.

Laura Steele, a member of the Oath Keepers militia indicted for conspiracy, worked for the High Point Police Department in North Carolina for 12 years before she was terminated for conduct toward superior personnel, absence from duty, and violating a communications policy, a spokesperson for High Point Police said. Her husband, Kenneth Steele — who was not accused of being at the Capitol riot — retired on January 1 as assistant police chief.

Prosecutors have also arrested two former officers with the New York Police Department: Thomas Webster, who is accused of lunging at a Capitol police officer with a flagpole, and Sara Carpenter, whose arrest, an NYPD spokesperson said, was the culmination of the NYPD's close work with the FBI Joint Terrorism Taskforce.

Nicholes Lentz — who the Florida Department of Law Enforcement said is a former officer in the North Miami Beach and Fort Pierce police departments — was charged after posting videos from inside the Capitol. In a video, he said, "We're not here to hurt any cops of course. I love my boys in blue, but this is overwhelming for them."

Additionally, firefighter and paramedic Andrew Williams was arrested for his participation in the riot, and retired firefighter Robert Sanford was arrested and accused of throwing a fire extinguisher that hit three police officers in the head.

Common charges

Of the 400 defendants charged so far, "the majority of those, 80, 85%, maybe even 90" involve individuals who breached the Capitol or trespassed, Sherwin told "60 Minutes." More than 100 were also charged with assaulting federal officers or local police, Sherwin said.

The government said in a March court filing that while most cases brought so far were against individuals, prosecutors are also investigating conspiratorial activity that occurred before and during the attack.

So far, more than 25 have been charged with conspiracy, a charge that alleges they coordinated with others to commit an offense.

than 25 have been charged under a destruction of government property statute. During proceedings for three of those defendants, the government said their crimes amounted to "terrorism" — an allegation that is not itself a charge but could influence prison sentences if the men are found guilty.

How many were women?
While those arrested in the January 6 mob were mostly men, at least 45 women have also been arrested for their alleged participation.

How old were those arrested?
Among the 111 defendants whose ages are known, the average age was 41. The youngest-known alleged rioter is 18-year-old Bruno Joseph Cua, who prosecutors accused of assaulting an officer after he posted online, "President Trump is calling us to FIGHT!"

The oldest rioters were two 70-year-old men: Bennie Parker, an alleged Oath Keeper, and Lonnie Coffman, an Alabama man who authorities say brought a car full of weapons and explosives to Washington, D.C.

How many have been released?

At least 155 people have been approved to go home after posting bail or agreeing to supervised release.
Recent updates on notable cases

Authorities have arrested two organizers of the far-right group the Proud Boys, charging them with conspiracy in a new criminal indictment. Prosecutors said they participated in an encrypted chat with at least 60 other people during the attack.

Two West Virginia men were arrested for allegedly assaulting Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick, who died after responding to the riots on January 6. They are accused of spraying police officers with chemical spray.

Authorities arrested a suspect accused of assaulting D.C. Metropolitan police officer Mike Fanone, who was allegedly beaten and tased by a mob of rioters during the assault on the U.S. Capitol. The government said Thomas Sibick ripped Fanone's badge and radio off his uniform during the assault on the west front steps, and subsequently buried the badge in his back yard.

A Florida Oath Keeper is facing conspiracy and other charges. Kenneth Harrelsonpreviously served in the U.S. Army and was allegedly seen with the tactical-style "stack" of rioters who marched up the steps of the U.S. Capitol.

Earlier today, yet another Capitol Police officer was killed defending the People's House.

I agree with author Erin Aubry Kaplan above. Let us stay angry about the Trump Insurrection of January 6.

It's a mental disorder described herein:

PTED has taken deep root into the liberal mindset of today, as they just cannot seem to get over the loss in 2016 and the resulting four years of Trump absolutely drove them over the edge. I, for one am very sorry for these people, for it's a sad way to live, being constantly taken over by feelings of depression, anxiety, rage, and embitterment......but here in the OP, we see the proof of this grave disease within the liberal mindset.

PTED has taken deep root into the liberal mindset of today, as they just cannot seem to get over the loss in 2016 and the resulting four years of Trump absolutely drove them over the edge. I, for one am very sorry for these people, for it's a sad way to live, being constantly taken over by feelings of depression, anxiety, rage, and embitterment......but here in the OP, we see the proof of this grave disease within the liberal mindset.

I must say, the GOP is handling the 2020 loss very well, and with such grace.

Never forget.......

D9zF83oXYAAPXTs.jpg:large

.......republicans, protecting America since, well, never.

yes reminders need to be posted frequently ......

I must say, the GOP is handling the 2020 loss very well, and with such grace.

Haven't seen any videos of people crying loudly outloud for all to see, as did the looney left......so far, not any right wing conspiracy theory of Biden being a Russian Asset.....Trump's admin have not spyed upon the Biden admin......nor was the DOJ, FBI, or CIA used for political hitmanship.....no massive protests of impeachment......yeah not bad at least compared to the left, for sure.

:ROFLMAO: :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

That's funny. NYT is really hurting.

Trump's gone and they can't talk ill of Biden, so there is nothing left. CNN's ratings are half what they were last year. No wonder Trump lives in their heads.
Trump lives in the right's heads. He's gone and probably going to jail type of gone. Didn't trump tell us how much the new york times was hurting too? Biden is president and apparently that really hurts those on the right.

We all know what happened. It wasn’t good. People died!! Can anyone change the past? Can anyone see into the future?? Ya’ll can live in fear......I want this country to heal. So positive thoughts, go out to the ones lost. Not Anger!!

They are the only ones we should be talking about. Their lives lost. For this country.

It was real!!! It will get played out in the courts!!! We can relive it then. Just like the George Floyd trial.
It's the chauvin trial not mr. floyd's.

It's the chauvin trial not mr. floyd's.
You are absolutely correct. Minnesota vs. Derick Chauvin

Thank you for the correction. I have an issue with focusing on the negative.....

How many worked in law enforcement?

At least five of those arrested were employed as law enforcement officers at the time of the riot, and at least four of those arrested had previously worked as police officers. Prosecutors also charged one current firefighter and one retired firefighter.

Of the five police officers employed at the time of the riot, four have since lost their jobs. An officer in North Cornwall Township, Pennsylvania was suspended without pay after he was charged with, among other crimes, obstruction of law enforcement during civil disorder.

Houston police officer Tam Dinh Pham and Monmouth County correctional police officer Marissa Suarez both resigned after they were arrested, and two Virginia police officers were fired after prosecutors charged them for their alleged conduct at the Capitol.

Laura Steele, a member of the Oath Keepers militia indicted for conspiracy, worked for the High Point Police Department in North Carolina for 12 years before she was terminated for conduct toward superior personnel, absence from duty, and violating a communications policy, a spokesperson for High Point Police said. Her husband, Kenneth Steele — who was not accused of being at the Capitol riot — retired on January 1 as assistant police chief.

Prosecutors have also arrested two former officers with the New York Police Department: Thomas Webster, who is accused of lunging at a Capitol police officer with a flagpole, and Sara Carpenter, whose arrest, an NYPD spokesperson said, was the culmination of the NYPD's close work with the FBI Joint Terrorism Taskforce.

Nicholes Lentz — who the Florida Department of Law Enforcement said is a former officer in the North Miami Beach and Fort Pierce police departments — was charged after posting videos from inside the Capitol. In a video, he said, "We're not here to hurt any cops of course. I love my boys in blue, but this is overwhelming for them."

Additionally, firefighter and paramedic Andrew Williams was arrested for his participation in the riot, and retired firefighter Robert Sanford was arrested and accused of throwing a fire extinguisher that hit three police officers in the head.

Thank you for posting this information.

I see what happened as a good thing, not the deaths as good. The fact that these humans working law enforcement, could not put their beliefs aside. They could not make peace with their demons. Their hatred for the other side of politics, humans different then them. became their top priority. Their allegiance to conspiracies, disconnect from reality.....,

To commit a crime, as law enforcement, as government employees. Disregarding laws, putting their personal beliefs into action. Shows above the law mentality.....

That’s the good thing, triggering humans to force them to look at themselves. Whether they see it as a time to make a change, a change has been forced on them. So deal with it!!! You can’t run and hide now......

America is on your back. Try and shrug us off........

So yes! I have no hate for what they did. It happened. They are exposed now, can they feel it? The pressure......of the officers deaths.......

This suggests that you have no problem with the worst attack on US soil since 9/11. That is how your side operates now.

That's how selective outrage works. The left are fine with over 200+ riots, 1 Billion in damage, 20+ deaths, minority businesses destroyed. But moral outrage over one riot at the Capitol. All riots are bad.

I have experienced an individual very close to me with this disorder. It is very unfortunate, to let the craziness, of the world around us. Be center stage in our mental reality.

Has the constant media coverage and access, been a negative thing?

Can humans distract (deal with) the negativity they see, feel, think everyday.

Is it the government’s responsibility to regulate negativity in the USA? Like hate laws. ?

Negative and positive exist. Forever!! What do we choose to motivate us?Everything can be spun, to our mental desires. Ever wonder about the mental state we possess🤔

If unknown? Ask??

How did this angry Nation Of Islam Follower have anything to do with the criminals involved in the Jan 6th insurrection?

From what I have read, he was just another sick **** who blamed all his woes on everyone but himself and ended up killing a innocent man.

May his 72 virgins all have the clap.
Maybe he's more patriotic than the trump worshiping White Supremacist terrorist thugs who attacked our Capitol and our country on January 6, 2021. Maybe he wasn't on his knees sucking a traitor ex-president who served at the pleasure of Mr. Putin, violated his oath, and crapped on the rule of law, the constitution and the United States of America. Those who are okay with the deadly insurrection and anti-American actions of the Trump Klan Party repugs and cultists don't deserve to live in our country. Your racism is showing, you must be a trump worshiper.

I will never forget the deadly Trump incited Insurrection on our Capitol of January 6, 2021! No Patriotic American who loves their country, their fellow man and our democracy will ever forget!

Maybe he's more patriotic than the trump worshiping White Supremacist terrorist thugs who attacked our Capitol and our country on January 6, 2021. Maybe he wasn't on his knees sucking a traitor ex-president who served at the pleasure of Mr. Putin, violated his oath, and crapped on the rule of law, the constitution and the United States of America. Those who are okay with the deadly insurrection and anti-American actions of the Trump Klan Party repugs and cultists don't deserve to live in our country. Your racism is showing, you must be a trump worshiper.

I will never forget the deadly Trump incited Insurrection on our Capitol of January 6, 2021! No Patriotic American who loves their country, their fellow man and our democracy will ever forget!

There ya go! (y) LOL

I voted for the Libertarian.

yes reminders need to be posted frequently ......

That's how selective outrage works. The left are fine with over 200+ riots, 1 Billion in damage, 20+ deaths, minority businesses destroyed. But moral outrage over one riot at the Capitol. All riots are bad.
Thank you for stating your opinions. It does help to see that side of it.

Those protesters that cause damage and kill, should be charged with crimes too.

Can we learn from the Capital thing, that no law enforcement agency can stop a surge of massive humans.?

How can we stop (control) a massive amount of humans protesting? Armies of troops? Threats? Laws? Except, we have this Constitutional thing......free speech, expressing ones self.

See how that could be a positive for some, a negative for others. And vice-versa. It all depends on your perspective, mentally. Which “side” you believe is truth

Insert “civil war “ here!!! When we pick sides, is the other side, always the enemy??

Changing , adding, That perspective may prove useful......in avoiding the inevitable?!?!?!?

I do not want a “civil war” ever again. A position I will not bend on. I choose to be the conduit of compromise.

Thank you again, for helping me find my buried feelings, position in life. You are very helpful.

I see the love you possess for this country. Ever wonder, if? Other humans love it another way.

Could you see (think) that other perspective as ok? It is love.

Their love will end them, in prison, for their crimes.

Someone may see your love as extreme. Could that love be funneled, coupled into other things? Other patriotic things.....

Parades! Flags! Civil service! Civil obedience!

I appreciate your passion, I can definitely feel it here in my cold state.....

And here come the usual suspects to downplay what took place. We're about 5 posts from it being called a kegger that got out of hand again.
Update: Has it got out of hand?

Sitting back in the chair, can be a good feeling. Getting in the game, a different feeling!!

Thank you for the concern, and third party commentary. About people’s feelings......

I see the love you possess for this country. Ever wonder, if? Other humans love it another way.

Could you see (think) that other perspective as ok? It is love.

Their love will end them, in prison, for their crimes.

Someone may see your love as extreme. Could that love be funneled, coupled into other things? Other patriotic things.....

Parades! Flags! Civil service! Civil obedience!

I appreciate your passion, I can definitely feel it here in my cold state.....
My love is not extreme at all, and I've never owned a flag in my life, never participated in a demonstration. But I was born and raised in the USA and wouldn't want it any other way. I'm not even very political except for voting. What the trump loving white supremacist did on January 6th, 2021 was not love, they wanted to take over the government, they acted like violent thugs to bully our government processes and officials. It wasn't love, it was power, a takeover, haters of Black and Jewish Americans. Nothing wrong with me respecting our Republic and our Democracy, I'm not the one with a problem here.

There ya go! (y) LOL

I voted for the Libertarian.
I said you MUST be a trump worshiper, you certainly act like one. So you didn't vote for the traitor, your racism is still showing. There ya go! 🤡
Your racism is showing, you must be a trump worshiper.

I said you MUST be a trump worshiper, you certainly act like one. So you didn't vote for the traitor, your racism is still showing. There ya go! 🤡

I must be. Just because you said so. Got it! (y)

My god, you blather on like a man screaming at the clouds. :ROFLMAO:

My love is not extreme at all, and I've never owned a flag in my life, never participated in a demonstration. But I was born and raised in the USA and wouldn't want it any other way. I'm not even very political except for voting. What the trump loving white supremacist did on January 6th, 2021 was not love, they wanted to take over the government, they acted like violent thugs to bully our government processes and officials. It wasn't love, it was power, a takeover, haters of Black and Jewish Americans. Nothing wrong with me respecting our Republic and our Democracy, I'm not the one with a problem here.
Your expression of feelings is very clear. I can understand your views, I share the same about flags, demonstrations.....

Most of my friends are this way too.

Yes! You don’t have that as a problem, a problem with them, their actions, don’t seem like love.

Has the book on Trump ever interested you? It talks about his neglect as a child. How he was raised. That plays a role in how humans behave in their adult life. Very interesting! I believe this to be true for all humans.

Could we, as a society, learn how treating children could impact them negatively as adults?

I feel your love as genuine towards this country, it feels like it’s in a good place. Could it be the seed, that needs water, nutrients, love to grow into something beautiful.

Like a child into adulthood ?!?!?🤔

These threads are good because they allow the human garbage to out themselves. It's a refreshing reminder. It's a "thank God I'm not them" boost. Sure, it's a cheap, easy pick-me-up, but as a moral high, it works every time.
So human garbage motivates you, Yakshi!

Do you look down on the human garbage?

What humans do you accept? As equal!

Back
Top Bottom