• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Legitimate Point Or Douchebag Move?

Legitimate Point Or Douchebag Move?

• Legitimate Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Douchebag Move

Votes: 13 92.9%
  • Not Sure/Other

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

TeleKat

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
rangerup.jpg

This picture has gone viral the past couple of days and has been the subject of some controversy. Was wondering what you all thought of this. Was this a legitimate point (essentially that soldiers don't need to tip because they already served their country), or was it just a douchebag move by a soldier flaunting his service?

Douchebag move.

It doesn't matter if you served. Waiting tables is that person's job, and how they make their livelihood. You don't cheat someone out of their wages like that.

If - on the other hand - the service legitimately wasn't deserving of a tip, then he should have just said so.

What war did this individual fight in? WWII?

Total douchebag move.

What a douche canoe.

If it's legit, then total douche move.

Total douchebaggery.

I suspect his commanding officer would not approve....At.All.

Probably not real.

Probably not real.

Eh. You never know.

I ounce knew a guy who didn't tip, but rather wrote "'MURICA!!!!" in the tip block on his check, just because his total without the tip came out to $17.76.

Still a total douche move, but at least he was clever about it. :lol:

Eh. You never know.

I ounce knew a guy who didn't tip, but rather wrote "'MURICA!!!!" in the tip block on his check, just because his total without the tip came out to $17.76.

Still a total douche move, but at least he was clever about it. :lol:

Sure, but from experience this is the type of thing usually to appear on Huff Post or Facebook only for Cracked to use in a column titled "Ten false news stories everyone swallowed last week.". Eventually the pattern gets pretty predictable. Its also wayyy too similar to the false lesbian tip fake story.

Probably not real.

I'd guess Z. Brannigan means, Zap Brannigan, the douchie Captain Kirk type from Futurama.

That's exactly the type of thing Zap would do.

rangerup.jpg

This picture has gone viral the past couple of days and has been the subject of some controversy. Was wondering what you all thought of this. Was this a legitimate point (essentially that soldiers don't need to tip because they already served their country), or was it just a douchebag move by a soldier flaunting his service?

I'm gonna go with, fake.

Douchebag move. That's a mean person just looking for another way to do it.

EMploying amateur handwriting analysis skills I would say that its completely fake. There isnt much between the two writing styles that match and they are very distinct and different. Weight of pen, weight of pen stroke, slants, etc.

If legit...douchebag. If not...just another fake like many of the other recent fakes. Which makes the person offering it a douchebag squared.

"Z. Brannigan"? Faaaake.

rangerup.jpg

Douchebag move.

Everyone knows that service people live on tips. Their actual "wages" are probably less than I could find in my couch.

So what this guy is saying is that his server doesn't deserve to keep a roof over their head, because he's a vet?

Get the hell over yourself...

"Z. Brannigan"? Faaaake.

Could be fake, but I think it's a J. I've seen J's in signatures that look like that.

Over the years, my own signature has come to look very different from what I'm actually signing. I doubt anyone could figure out more than a couple letters in it.

You write something thousands of times and it just becomes a scribble, rather than a meaningful word.

Could be fake, but I think it's a J. I've seen J's in signatures that look like that.

Over the years, my own signature has come to look very different from what I'm actually signing. I doubt anyone could figure out more than a couple letters in it.

You write something thousands of times and it just becomes a scribble, rather than a meaningful word.

True. My own signature looks more like an "artist formerly known as" symbol than anything resembling a legible name at this point in my life. Sometimes I'll even go so far as to just hastily scribble the cursive initials of my first and last names and leave it at that.

However, that being said, the "Brannigan" portion of the OP signature looks a bit too (almost conspicuously) precise for simple laziness to be a major factor here. I'm leaning towards "fake."

rangerup.jpg

The guy who wrote - if he was indeed a veteran - has no honor.

I often write about how life is better now than ever before in human history, and that the 'good ole days' were never that good...but one thing we don't seem to have as much of anymore is not just a real appreciation of honor...but the general behavior and attitude expected of those who would claim to be honorable or noble..."noblesse oblige".

rangerup.jpg

its a douchebag move.soldiers are entitled to healthcare and compensations for their sacrifice,but outside what the govt owes them,its optional for business to offer any special privilage to the military over civilians.this though isnt providing free va care for injuries suffered on duty with long standing effects or promises made.

heck if you dont want to tip dont tip,its less insulting than writing an explanation on why you dont tip.

rangerup.jpg

I never trust these "receipts", last time if was from an angry lesbian who lied about her tip. I think they are intended to get libs riled up.

Back
Top Bottom