• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lawyers argue whether the Constitution’s ‘insurrection’ clause blocks Trump from the 2024 ballot

Bush didn't steal the election in 2000, he won. There were recounts and audits, the election was upheld. Gore didn't do enough to win, though it was close.

3rd parties are in all elections, and if you want to blame your potential failure to beat such an obvious piece of shit like Trump on independents or 3rd party voters, go ahead. It's not true. Y'all love being ruled by your small extremists in your parties, whether it is the woke left nonsense or the MAGA right insanity. Perhaps if y'all pandered to the independents and 3rd party voters you'd be getting our votes and securing your wins. But it's the same excuse the MAGAs use with McCarthy. Oh, the Democrats are to blame for McCarthy losing his seat because they could have voted for him and saved his speakership. It's a bullshit argument because McCarthy essentially told the Democrats to pound sand and wouldn't deal with them to keep his seat. The Democrats were under no obligation to support him, particularly after denigrating the Democrats like that.

It's the same bullshit here, see you ain't that different from the MAGAs. You want to denigrate us and insult us, and then you expect us to vote for your guy just because the other guy may be worse. A dumb ****ing strategy if you ask me. Want my vote? Earn it.
The only choice in this election cycle is Liberal Democracy vs. Fascist Dictatorship. And it's up to the voters, not the candidates and not the parties.

We've never had an election anything like this which too many independent bone heads don't get -- never will get. Nothing anyone says to the many always negative Independent voters will change this so no one loses anything by telling off a certain number of stubborn Independents who cant see the present challenge.

Because too many Independents are singular elitists who brook no criticism from the teeming masses down there huddled together yearning to breathe democracy. Some bristle in defiance toward critiques or criticisms.

It's their identity. They are Independent voters because they are independent. They are independent because they're Independent voters. One without the other breaks down the whole of the carefully self constructed identity.

Many of Independent voters revel in voting third party and losing. To them it's a win. It's a real personality type that thrives on negativity. The power of denying all others is what they find fulfilling. And few can lecture and scold like an Independent scorned.

Last edited:
But you have to admit that it "sells" really well to the "low information" voters.
Particularly when the oligarchy effectively regulates who can participate.

The only choice in this election cycle is Liberal Democracy vs. Fascist Dictatorship. And it's up to the voters, not the candidates and not the parties.

We've never had an election anything like this which too many independent bone heads don't get -- never will get. Nothing anyone says to the many always negative Independent voters will change this so no one loses anything by telling off a certain number of stubborn Independents who cant see the present challenge.

Because too many Independents are singular elitists who brook no criticism from the teeming masses down there huddled together yearning to breathe democracy. Some bristle in defiance toward critiques or criticisms.

It's their identity. They are Independent voters because they are independent. They are independent because they're Independent voters. One without the other breaks down the whole of the carefully self constructed identity.

Many of Independent voters revel in voting third party and losing. To them it's a win. It's a real personality type that thrives on negativity. The power of denying all others is what they find fulfilling. And few can lecture and scold like an Independent scorned.
Blah blah blah, independents suck and should vote for my party.

Have fun with that dipshit argument. Maybe you should offer independents a bit more than platitudes and insults for our support.

Oh my, don't know the MAGA commies infecting the right with their ultra insane extremism? These are the folk that engaged in a violent act of sedition against the Republic while Trump was running around trying to overturn an election he lost.
Please, continue to broadcast your ignorance to the world. Your leftist masters know that if they repeat something over and over, like 1/6 was an attempt to overthrow the country, no matter how absurd, the obedient lemmings will believe anything.

Trump says "go peacefully", and they are able to convince you, to your core, that that means to overthrow the government. Chuck Schumer says, "I want to tell you Gorsuch, I want to tell you Kavanaugh, you have released the whirlwind and you will pay the price". Threatening sitting justices by name, and you are completely convinced that that is just fine.

Please, continue to broadcast your ignorance to the world. Your leftist masters know that if they repeat something over and over, like 1/6 was an attempt to overthrow the country, no matter how absurd, the obedient lemmings will believe anything.

Trump says "go peacefully", and they are able to convince you, to your core, that that means to overthrow the government. Chuck Schumer says, "I want to tell you Gorsuch, I want to tell you Kavanaugh, you have released the whirlwind and you will pay the price". Threatening sitting justices by name, and you are completely convinced that that is just fine.
No matter how many excuses and denials you throw out there, you cannot beat the fact that the 1/6 Sedition was a violent act of sedition against the Republic and that Trump spent all his time trying to overturn the results of an election he lost.

You "know" that? Then maybe you can explain why hundreds of "rioters" were charged with and convicted of felony obstruction of Congress and a dozen or so were convicted of seditious conspiracy and sentenced to an average of 20 year sentences. Looks like there was a definite plan for this "riot" -- more than just expressing one's displeasure.
I know why there was such a miscarriage of justice, do you?

The MAGA Code: Say anything, deny everything and above all else never say die.

It's all and entirely about The Triumph Of The Will 2.0

No matter how many excuses and denials you throw out there, you cannot beat the fact that the 1/6 Sedition was a violent act of sedition against the Republic and that Trump spent all his time trying to overturn the results of an election he lost.
There was no sedition, no coup, no attempt to take over the government. You were told that by your leaders. You have no choice, you must believe and obey. Otherwise, you are admitting their obvious corruption. Their desire to hold power, at any cost, no matter what. They keep lowering the bar, and you keep limbo-ing under it.

Frankly, I believe the leftist leaders are astonished at how far they've been able to push their base. Their might not be a limit as to what you'll take from them.

There was no sedition, no coup, no attempt to take over the government. You were told that by your leaders. You have no choice, you must believe and obey. Otherwise, you are admitting their obvious corruption. Their desire to hold power, at any cost, no matter what. They keep lowering the bar, and you keep limbo-ing under it.

Frankly, I believe the leftist leaders are astonished at how far they've been able to push their base. Their might not be a limit as to what you'll take from them.
Well people caught sedition charges, so there's that. We'll see what convictions Trump ends up with too.

Though I know reality ain't your thing. You'd make a good Sov-Cit.

I think too many people like yourself are worried about setting a bad precedent. In 240 years, we've had exactly one president who tried to steal a win from the duly elected president, fomenting an insurrection/rebellion.

The only bad precedent set here would be to say effectively that it's OK to try and overthrow the democratic government. Because if somehow Trump pulls off another EC win, (he'll never win the popular vote), we've effectively said that 1-6 was OK.

The 14th A is very specific in its language. It's all about insurrection/rebellion, nothing else. The only question remaining is whether or not Trump is responsible for it or aided and abetted it.

I think the idea is that if someone wins dishonestly and someone tries to challenge the result that person would be guilty of insurrection. For example, if Al Gore had challenged the 2000 election (perhaps rightly so)

Not convicted, so nope

There is a possibility that SCOTUS may decide its a state issue and that the remedy is legislative. In other words, not their problem.

The claim is based on the US Constitution. There's no chance they'll decide it's a state issue.

I know why there was such a miscarriage of justice, do you?
I know that those who broke the law got charged and convicted by a jury. The same is going to happen to Trump and the others who have now been charged and are on pretrial release. If you call lawbreakers being held accountable for their crimes a "miscarriage of justice," I got nothing more to say to you.

I know that those who broke the law got charged and convicted by a jury. The same is going to happen to Trump and the others who have now been charged and are on pretrial release. If you call lawbreakers being held accountable for their crimes a "miscarriage of justice," I got nothing more to say to you.
Sure, FPOTUS and biggest threat to Biden's reelection is being politically prosecuted by those in power. First time in history that an administration has taken such steps. Oh, but it's in the name of justice, LOL! From the Biden administration, the most corrupt crooks in the world.

pe
It looks like the court case on whether to blocked Trump from the Colorado ballot has begin.

Unfortunately, I am not able to find the online docket for this one, but it will be interesting to follow. My hope is that he is disqualified for his actions leading up to and on Jan 6.
Yeah, telling them to "protest peacefully and patriotically". is a dead giveaway. :rolleyes:

The claim is based on the US Constitution. There's no chance they'll decide it's a state issue.

Precisely, but nothing is going to keep them from trying to have it their way.

There is a possibility that SCOTUS may decide its a state issue and that the remedy is legislative. In other words, not their problem.

If the charges are federal...would that still be the case? It's a state court, can states decide if the federal charges disqualify him or not?

I know I'm not phrasing this well, I'm not familiar enough with the legalese.

It's obvious. I heard this morning Biden is still working on student loan relief.

The big guy is now talking out of both sides of his mouth regarding Israel having the complete right to defend themselves by war but is now advising Israel to take a break in bombing for humanitarian reasons.

I think it's because he fears losing the Arab American and the radical antisemites' votes.

Sure, FPOTUS and biggest threat to Biden's reelection is being politically prosecuted by those in power. First time in history that an administration has taken such steps. Oh, but it's in the name of justice, LOL! From the Biden administration, the most corrupt crooks in the world.

Well, it's the first time we had such a toxic, incompetent, low brow, self-centered, dangerous POS as POTUS. So...first time for everything but 2 wrongs dont make a right...you dont repeat such historically humiliating mistakes. Well, apparently a bunch of you would but the rest of us would like to move on, away from the bigger sewer he created in his wake. Poor Joe's still doing clean up.

Back
Top Bottom