• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lauren Jeffery - You Tube - Climate Change: Not the End of the World

Steve Case

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Here's an eight and a half minute You Tube "Climate Change not the end of the world."
Some teen age girls don't agree with Greta Thunberg.

Here's an eight and a half minute You Tube "Climate Change not the end of the world."

Why is it again I am supposed to care what these teen girls and Ms. Thunberg think about "climate change"?

Why is it again I am supposed to care what these teen girls and Ms. Thunberg think about "climate change"?

9ORz9To.gif

This is superb, and even as a Greta fan, I agree that the alarmism is troubling.

I would LOVE to see this young lady in civil debate with Greta, as I think both youngsters have something important to say.

:thumbs:

This is superb, and even as a Greta fan, I agree that the alarmism is troubling.

I would LOVE to see this young lady in civil debate with Greta, as I think both youngsters have something important to say.

:thumbs:

I can see the debate going like this:

Lady in video: "Why do you think the world will end soon?"
Greta: "I don't."

It would be the world's shortest debate ever.

I can see the debate going like this:

Lady in video: "Why do you think the world will end soon?"
Greta: "I don't."

It would be the world's shortest debate ever.

I think it would be much more thoughtful, and mutually/generally beneficial.

I think it would be much more thoughtful, and mutually/generally beneficial.

True. I agree. It would be a very interesting debate. It's just seems odd that people actually think Greta believes that the world will end soon.

Suddenly teenagers are once again a source of scientific information!

I am not aware that Greta said the world will end?

Well not exactly, but here's what a search on Greta's quotes finds:

“We can't save the world..."

“Why should I be studying for a future that soon may be no more..."

"...we will never stop fighting for this planet..."​

That's right, she didn't say, "The world will end." but she might as well have.

Well not exactly, but here's what a search on Greta's quotes finds:

“We can't save the world..."

“Why should I be studying for a future that soon may be no more..."

"...we will never stop fighting for this planet..."​

That's right, she didn't say, "The world will end." but she might as well have.

So you agree that she never said it nor she believed such thing? Good.

So you agree that she never said it nor she believed such thing? Good.

"The end of the world" is a figure of speech, not to be taken literally. Those Greta quotes,
(We can't save the world), (Why should I be studying for a future that soon may be no more),
(we will never stop fighting for this planet) are in the same vein. There's a George Carlin
You Tube (watch it here) about saving the planet where he says the planet will be fine,
it's humanity that has no future and needs saving.

[FONT=&quot]It's Worse Than We Thought![/FONT]
[h=1]The Incredible Story Of How Climate Change Became Apocalyptic[/h][FONT=&quot]Reposted with permission from Forbes Roger Pielke Energy In recent years the issue of climate change has taken a decidedly apocalyptic turn. Earlier this week United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres warned, “If we don’t urgently change our way of life, we jeopardize life itself.” A group of scientists writes that we “might already have lost…
[/FONT]

Sorry but climate change is inevitable. It has been going on since the planet formed. We either adapt or we will no longer be a part of this planet. Everything on this planet causes climate change from the smallest microbe to the largest tree. If we wish to stop climate change we must get rid of all the factors involved from the Sun to the smallest atom in the atmosphere. We adapt to change or die. That has been the answer since the first life emerged on this planet. Running around waving our arms yelling the sky is falling is not a solution but the precursor to extinction.

"The end of the world" is a figure of speech, not to be taken literally. Those Greta quotes,
(We can't save the world), (Why should I be studying for a future that soon may be no more),
(we will never stop fighting for this planet) are in the same vein. There's a George Carlin
You Tube (watch it here) about saving the planet where he says the planet will be fine,
it's humanity that has no future and needs saving.

Changes and damages to the Earth and it's atmosphere means the climate and weather will get worse and worse, causing destruction. We've seen that with hurricanes and floods.

Changes and damages to the Earth and it's atmosphere means the climate and weather will get worse and worse, causing destruction. We've seen that with hurricanes and floods.

Actually, we haven't. Hurricanes and floods are no worse.

NASA, the one who sent men to the moon, is wrong?

There are only model-driven suppositions. There is no evidence.

Figure: Global Hurricane Frequency (all & major) -- 12-month running sums. The top time series is the number of global tropical cyclones that reached at least hurricane-force (maximum lifetime wind speed exceeds 64-knots). The bottom time series is the number of global tropical cyclones that reached major hurricane strength (96-knots+). Adapted from Maue (2011) GRL.

Prove it ? There has been an 11% greening of the Earth since 1982 . Why is that a bad thing ?

Prove it ? There has been an 11% greening of the Earth since 1982 . Why is that a bad thing ?

Why ask a silly question?

Besides I was explaining to him that the AGW "hype" does not mean the end of the world. Nobody said that.

Why ask a silly question?

Besides I was explaining to him that the AGW "hype" does not mean the end of the world. Nobody said that.

But what if the tiny 0.01% component of atmospheric envelope we are allegedly to be responsible for turns out to be totally inconsequential (As it has already)... What then for your anti human/ anti capitalist agenda ?

Back
Top Bottom