• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Lauren Boebert said she was thanked by the mother of a ‘lieutenant corporal,’ which isn’t a thing

:rolleyes:

fb_img_1646244552871-jpg.67377881

601217d4aea8ca3ccd818bc08256beed973478c1.jpg

The future of the GOP needs to gain a better understanding of military rankings before trying to "own the libs". 🤣🤣

Apparently Boebert went on social media to read aloud a letter that one of the mothers of a solider who died in Kabul during the US pullout. During her "own the libs" moment, Boebert called the fallen soldier a "Lieutenant Corporal", which only exists as a ranking in the Gazpacho police and not in the military.

If she saw the "LCprl", instead of being the clueless idiot she is, could have researched the abbreviation first and maybe wouldn't have sounded so clueless.
This is as petty as when people ridiculed Obama for miss pronouncing corpsman.

While it would be nice for them to not flubber these things no disrespect was meant to anyone. I do think think a little bit of light hearted ribbing is certainly fair but nobody should get carried away in their attacks. She made a mistake, ha ha, move on.

This is as petty as when people ridiculed Obama for miss pronouncing corpsman.

While it would be nice for them to not flubber these things no disrespect was meant to anyone. I do think think a little bit of light hearted ribbing is certainly fair but nobody should get carried away in their attacks. She made a mistake, ha ha, move on.
Its not a "ha ha". She tried to "own the libs". And failed.
She's an idiot.

Its not a "ha ha". She tried to "own the libs". And failed.
She's an idiot.
Whether you are or aren't you come off looking like a hate monger when you rake someone over the coals for an innocent mistake.

Whether you are or aren't you come off looking like a hate monger when you rake someone over the coals for an innocent mistake.
Everyone makes mistakes. When a hate monger and bully (Boebert) makes a mistake while trying to be smug no one should be surprised if it's pointed out. Especially when she would do the same in a hot minute.

So, you've responded to others in this thread talking about "Corpseman" and made the same comment?
Or those who made fun of Biden for saying Iranians instead of Ukranians?
Being consistent or defending Boebert?

Everyone makes mistakes. When a hate monger and bully (Boebert) makes a mistake while trying to be smug no one should be surprised if it's pointed out. Especially because she would do the same in a hot minute.
I think it's fair to have a laugh at her expense. I also think people to exercise some self control and keep it within reason.

I think it's fair to have a laugh at her expense. I also think people to exercise some self control and keep it within reason.
So, in your opinion, are the responses in this thread out of bounds?

I guess @Chillfolks is a "gay lefty"?
LOL, I just did a quick search. There are a lot of "gay lefties" who voted for Trump who like to use the hag insult.

Boebert called the fallen soldier a "Lieutenant Corporal", which only exists as a ranking in the Gazpacho police and not in the military.
:LOL:

So, you've responded to others in this thread talking about "Corpseman" and made the same comment?
Or those who made fun of Biden for saying Iranians instead of Ukranians?
Being consistent or defending Boebert?
I am entirely consistent with my positions and do not base them on partisan preferences as you seem to be implying. I agree with the positions Trump has taken more than the ones Biden has taken so far but I hold them both to the same standard.

What people on the left are gonna need to come to terms with next cycle is they are going to need to primary him out if he tries to run again. You may like his ideological positions but he is not a good leader.

So, in your opinion, are the responses in this thread out of bounds?
I think calling her a liar and comparing her to a baboon is in poor taste but generally speaking I think she has been getting what she deserves in this thread.

I think calling her a liar and comparing her to a baboon is in poor taste but generally speaking I think she has been getting what she deserves in this thread.
Well, she is an actual liar, which has been proven many times. And the lies were not just off the cuff fibs or exaggerations.

Don't you think the picture of her antics in the audience at the State of the Union address resembles the picture of the screaming baboons? Boebert and Green's behavior was in poor taste, IMO.

Last edited:
Well, she is an actual liar, which has been proven many times. And the lies were not just off the cuff fibs or exaggerations.

Don't you think the picture of her antics in the audience at the State of the Union address resembles the picture of the screaming baboons? Boebert and Green's behavior was in poor taste, IMO.

I agree that the heckling they did was in poor taste but I don't think that excuses other things that are also in poor taste.

I also don't think it helps anything when people constantly try to outdo each other in what seems to be a race to the bottom.

When are the adults in the room going to act like adults? I say this to both parties. I don't see many adults in either party, if any at all. It's why we are the state we are in.

And Obama said there were 58 states. Go figure.
There are 58 states and territories, which were the subject of Obama's statement.

For edification:

The US Territories are:
  • Puerto Rico.
  • Guam.
  • US Virgin Islands.
  • Northern Mariana Islands.
  • American Samoa.
  • Midway Atoll.
  • Palmyra Atoll.
  • Baker Island.

I agree that the heckling they did was in poor taste but I don't think that excuses other things that are also in poor taste.

I also don't think it helps anything when people constantly try to outdo each other in what seems to be a race to the bottom.

When are the adults in the room going to act like adults? I say this to both parties. I don't see many adults in either party, if any at all. It's why we are the state we are in.
Pointing out bad behavior is not a race to the bottom.

Back
Top Bottom