• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Labor Board Tells Boeing New Factory Breaks Law

Here is a question I have for all you Union backers....Does a person "own" their job?

j-mac

Here is a question I have for all you Union backers....Does a person "own" their job?

j-mac

What do you mean? A right to a job? Control of the workplace? Does a worker have a say at work? Question is poorly asked if you ask me..
Clarify more...

What do you mean? A right to a job? Control of the workplace? Does a worker have a say at work? Question is poorly asked if you ask me..
Clarify more...

I think it is simple, and clear cut. Does a person "Own" their job. IOW, The unions are griping, and claiming 'union busting' for Boeing moving a segment of their operations to SC. Yet they are not discontinuing their operations in that Union shop in WA state.

So I ask again, does a person "own" their job?

j-mac

Of course not..

Tim-

I think the interesting part of this case is that is directly pits the union against workers. Normally union issues are a matter of "That evil company will not pay, give etc......". Here it's that evil company making jobs in another state for more workers. That's not evil at all.

Workers in one location are not 'entitled' to jobs simply because they belong to a union. If Boeing wants to oepn a second plant in another area doing the same thing, wihtout reducing the number of jobs in the first area, where is the problem?

Suppose Boeing had talked about it, but then decided not to open another facility at all? Would the union then sue them to force them to open a new facility, saying by not building a new facility they are union busting?

WTF people???

The polls have all shown that a majority of wisconsin working class stand in solidarity with the teachers who's collective bargaining rights are under attack.

Is it funny, or just ironic that people who say polls which support their position on a given subject are important, also say that polls which do not support their position on a different subject are mangles and unimportant?

Is it funny, or just ironic that people who say polls which support their position on a given subject are important, also say that polls which do not support their position on a different subject are mangles and unimportant?

Well if your are unconvinced by the great majority of the polling, let's check in to see how the recall elections are going for each side in this war against the working class:

"Republicans are failing to obtain the necessary signatures to do so while Democrats are having success."

And I showed you one reason for this in the other thread, but you simply danced, bobbed, weaved, and denied the video evidence provided, since the reality of the situation did not maych your fantasy.

And I showed you one reason for this in the other thread, but you simply danced, bobbed, weaved, and denied the video evidence provided, since the reality of the situation did not maych your fantasy.

A form that someone wrote **** you on is your proof???? :sun

Boeing case tests vulnerable Dems - POLITICO.com Print View

party on, progressives

Rep. Issa Threatens to Eliminate National Labor Relations Board Over Boeing Dispute
Good for him.

The company (Boeing) has added 2,000 union jobs at the Washington plant since the decision was made to move to South Carolina, where 1,000 new employees will begin working later this summer.
So, as was pointed out previously... Boeing added 2,000 NEW jobs at the Washington plant, and that apparently isn't enough for the unions.

What is a con-head?

Union is just a word...Boeing being unionized is the excuse. If boeings union made less per hour than they would have to pay in South Carolina Boeing would gleefully stay in the union shop....its about the pigs at the trough wanting to continue the trend of the boning the working class in america and giving to the CEOs ....they want the middleclass devestated so they can have a two caste system....The rich and their lackeys

If boeings union made less per hour than they would have to pay in South Carolina Boeing would gleefully stay in the union shop

no kidding

I can't believe Boeing is that stupid. They already ran into problems when trying to subcontract out parts for the 787 rather than build them in house. Building aircraft is a very difficult job and the main benefit of the union is that they have 80+ years of institutional knowledge among the workers. Trying to set up a new factory while screwing the union is a recipe for crappy products. Once again the short-sighted idiots who think that cutting costs saves you money even when it destroys the actual value of your product seem to be in charge.

And, people wonder why big companies move their operations overseas.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…