• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kyle Rittenhouse, 17, charged with murder after two killed during Wisconsin protests

Yes he is

Gaige Grosskreutz knelt beside her.

Trained as a paramedic, he carried the equipment he needed to treat her wound.

Grosskreutz ultimately became a paramedic because he wanted to help ease peoples' suffering, both physical and emotional. He doesn’t remember the first time he treated a gunshot wound — there were so many they all ran together. He also came to the aid of dozens of people who had overdosed.

So, you are going to have to provide proof that he is lying about this and having a CCW....not the other way around....you just made the claim, back it up.

The closest I've seen on this is that he earned an EMT-Basic certification when he attended technical college in 2013-2016. He would have basic training - NOT a paramedic - and unless he renewed it, there's a good chance even that's expired.

No one has confirmed he has a concealed carry permit. He made a statement to that effect in an interview with CNN, but no one has confirmed it, when it would be a natural thing to do. Again, he lied in that same interview about what happened (contradicted by the video). His actions on the scene certainly don't reflect someone with the required training for a CCW. So no, without confirmation, there's no support that he has a CCW or is a paramedic.

The closest I've seen on this is that he earned an EMT-Basic certification when he attended technical college in 2013-2016. He would have basic training - NOT a paramedic - and unless he renewed it, there's a good chance even that's expired.

No one has confirmed he has a concealed carry permit. He made a statement to that effect in an interview with CNN, but no one has confirmed it, when it would be a natural thing to do. Again, he lied in that same interview about what happened (contradicted by the video). His actions on the scene certainly don't reflect someone with the required training for a CCW. So no, without confirmation, there's no support that he has a CCW or is a paramedic.
If he is lying why hasn't he been arrested?
See, this one is easy if you just look

He works for an ambulance company as a Paramedic.
Also, he has no reason to lie about his certifications or license...it is something that is easy to verify or denounce by a court and he has an attorney and is the Prosecutions star witness.

If he is lying why hasn't he been arrested?
See, this one is easy if you just look

He works for an ambulance company as a Paramedic.
Also, he has no reason to lie about his certifications or license...it is something that is easy to verify or denounce by a court and he has an attorney and is the Prosecutions star witness.

Why hasn't he been arrested? I don't think the DA is interested in pressing charges against him. Why would he lie about something easily verified? To make himself look better? To push aside the question of why he was charging a kid with a weapon? He lied about what happened - apparent in the video. So why would you take his other statements at face value?

I'm not a member of linked in, and it keeps giving me a 'are you a real person' check. What are you trying to point to? Many EMT-Basic's work for ambulance companies. Again, that doesn't make him a paramedic.

Why hasn't he been arrested? I don't think the DA is interested in pressing charges against him. Why would he lie about something easily verified? To make himself look better? To push aside the question of why he was charging a kid with a weapon? He lied about what happened - apparent in the video. So why would you take his other statements at face value?

I'm not a member of linked in, and it keeps giving me a 'are you a real person' check. What are you trying to point to? Many EMT-Basic's work for ambulance companies. Again, that doesn't make him a paramedic.

And I'll ask again......why wouldn't Rittenhouse's attorneys be screaming to the high hills to anyone that will listen that he should be charged with illegal possession of a firearm?

As for his training LinkedIn shows Experience: Paramedic at Curtis Universal Ambulance, EMT Meda Care Ambulance. Education: Milwaukee Area Tech College field of study Emergency Medical Technology/Technician (EMT Paramedic). Licenses Certifications: ACLS Advanced cardiovascular Life Support. However that was issues in 2015 and expired in 2017.

He does mention in one of the interviews he stopped being a paramedic to go back to school. So was he currently a paramedic? I don't think so. But he was employed as one previously.

And I'll ask again......why wouldn't Rittenhouse's attorneys be screaming to the high hills to anyone that will listen that he should be charged with illegal possession of a firearm?
That is an irrelevant distraction and has no bearing.

Has all of the relevance in the world..his attorneys would be pulling every stop they can including arresting a victim.
What makes you think you know better than his attorneys what they should be doing? Grosskreutz and his antics in the media are a sideshow, I think they're a bit more concerned with the main event. Once that's done, then I would expect some type of civil action. Anything criminal is entirely up to the discretion of the police and DA.

As for his training LinkedIn shows Experience: Paramedic at Curtis Universal Ambulance, EMT Meda Care Ambulance. Education: Milwaukee Area Tech College field of study Emergency Medical Technology/Technician (EMT Paramedic). Licenses Certifications: ACLS Advanced cardiovascular Life Support. However that was issues in 2015 and expired in 2017.

He does mention in one of the interviews he stopped being a paramedic to go back to school. So was he currently a paramedic? I don't think so. But he was employed as one previously.

Why wouldn't Rittenhouse's attorney be screaming? I'd be more shocked if they were. (1) it doesn't change their position that it was self defense, and (2) it gets into defense. issues. I'm sure they are patiently gathering information now.

Linked in would show what he put, wouldn't it? I saw a story which said he got his EMT Basic from the tech college. It's very possible he just put "EMT Paramedic" in the job title.

For clarification, EMT-Basic is a first step, and does qualify you to work on an ambulance. It's normally a semester program - I've seen 8-12 week programs as well. (It's usually clock hours). Paramedic training is much more extensive, and is usually a 2+ year program AFTER an EMT-Basic. Most emergency ambulances carry a paramedic and one other certified person, which can have a lower certification. Transport services (like the ones you mentioned) frequently use EMT-Basics, and have ambulances without paramedics, because it's cheaper and not necessary for basic transports.

I was a paramedic for six years. It wasn't uncommon for people to get the basic certification and say they were a paramedic in casual conversation, especially those with an inflated opinion of themselves. Like many professions, the good ones didn't brag about it.

That is an irrelevant distraction and has no bearing.
Why wouldn't Rittenhouse's attorney be screaming? I'd be more shocked if they were. (1) it doesn't change their position that it was self defense, and (2) it gets into defense. issues. I'm sure they are patiently gathering information now.

Linked in would show what he put, wouldn't it? I saw a story which said he got his EMT Basic from the tech college. It's very possible he just put "EMT Paramedic" in the job title.

For clarification, EMT-Basic is a first step, and does qualify you to work on an ambulance. It's normally a semester program - I've seen 8-12 week programs as well. (It's usually clock hours). Paramedic training is much more extensive, and is usually a 2+ year program AFTER an EMT-Basic. Most emergency ambulances carry a paramedic and one other certified person, which can have a lower certification. Transport services (like the ones you mentioned) frequently use EMT-Basics, and have ambulances without paramedics, because it's cheaper and not necessary for basic transports.

I was a paramedic for six years. It wasn't uncommon for people to get the basic certification and say they were a paramedic in casual conversation, especially those with an inflated opinion of themselves. Like many professions, the good ones didn't brag about it.

Uh huh

Has all of the relevance in the world..his attorneys would be pulling every stop they can including arresting a victim.
Wrong.
And you do not know that.

Last edited:
What makes you think you know better than his attorneys what they should be doing? Grosskreutz and his antics in the media are a sideshow, I think they're a bit more concerned with the main event. Once that's done, then I would expect some type of civil action. Anything criminal is entirely up to the discretion of the police and DA.
he was shot by Rittenhouse while helping someone else. He is a witness....and the job of any attorney that is worth his salt is to try to discredit any witness against your client.

he was shot by Rittenhouse while helping someone else. He is a witness....and the job of any attorney that is worth his salt is to try to discredit any witness against your client.

His attorney is too busy posting pictures of his dogs and defending the fact his marbles have rolled out into the street. Rittenhouse would be better off with a kid fresh out of law school who needs to make a name. Not a guy who threatens people one day, flips around with an apology the next and then threatens them again within hours.

His attorney is too busy posting pictures of his dogs and defending the fact his marbles have rolled out into the street. Rittenhouse would be better off with a kid fresh out of law school who needs to make a name. Not a guy who threatens people one day, flips around with an apology the next and then threatens them again within hours.
Isn't this the attorney who is being accused of stealing money?

In a court of law, not the court of public opinion. Grosskreutz is most likely hoping there will be no trial, because he does not want to be cross examined by the defense. It is way too early in the process to think the defense would be doing what you say. If they did do what you think they should be doing, then you (or someone like you) would be shouting about witness intimidation.

How about we wait until Kyle is actually in court being inadequately represented by counsel before we start talking about how terrible his lawyers are.

In a court of law, not the court of public opinion. Grosskreutz is most likely hoping there will be no trial, because he does not want to be cross examined by the defense. It is way too early in the process to think the defense would be doing what you say. If they did do what you think they should be doing, then you (or someone like you) would be shouting about witness intimidation.
there is going to be a trial, unless Rittenhouse pleads guilty that is.

there is going to be a trial, unless Rittenhouse pleads guilty that is.
Or the DA doesn't get past the preliminary hearing because they have no probable cause to sustain the charges.

Isn't this the attorney who is being accused of stealing money?

Pierce is the one who is $70 million in debt and keeps changing his firms name repeatedly so the debt doesn't show. Lin wood is the one who refused to pay his legal team, so they are suing him. Because of that he's completely flipped his lid in actual emails, texts and voicemails threatening them one minute and then apologizing, just to turn around and flip out again. As well as physically assaulting two of them.

Wood’s misbehavior purportedly included “incoherent” phone calls and e-mails, as well as claims that the attorney’s actions were guided by none other than “God Almighty.”

In one incident cited in the lawsuit, Wood sent over a dozen people a late-night e-mail in which he alleged he had been victimized “by some unspecified action.” Later in the same message, Wood vowed to mete out punishment “at the discretion of Almighty God.”

Two hours after that message was sent, Wood sent a follow-up e-mail asserting that “God was somehow commanding or directing him to accuse” his partners of misconduct, and that “God had given [Wood] permission” to use profanity in his correspondences.

Wood also referred to an associate attorney as a “Chilean Jewish [expletive] crook.”

Several days later, Wood sent out another mass e-mail—directed to 18 attorneys—recanting “every one of his accusations,” saying he had made “accusatory statements with incomplete information and out of anger, coupled with a tried brain and body.”

Defendant Wood’s behavior continued to deteriorate, including assault and battery on Wilson in Defendant Wood’s home after he had traveled there to check on Wood. In the Fall of 2019, Defendant Wood also committed assault and battery on Grunberg in an elevator of a hotel during an out of town deposition. In both assaults, there was essentially no reason whatsoever for the attack, and Defendant Wood later acknowledged and apologized for this violence.

And anyone who has doubts the actual documents are right online for everyone to read and see his deranged behavior. The fun starts around pg 29.

How about we wait until Kyle is actually in court being inadequately represented by counsel before we start talking about how terrible his lawyers are.
His attorney is not a criminal defense attorney. Neither of them are, in fact...which is idiotic...he needs a criminal defense attorney. They are charlatans looking to make a quick buck and they need to be disbarred. Pierce has huge financial issues...which should be a red light to anyone, since this kid has a gofundme that he will likely rack up to zero. Pierce is a so called ambulance chaser, or litigation attorney...and Lin is a so called defamation attorney...he represented Richard Jewell
for defamation, not for the criminal accusations against him....after he was already deceased, the lawsuit against AJC continued..and Jewell and his attorneys lost...why? Because the articles according to facts known at the time were true. They didn't intentionally malign him...he was a suspect per the FBI and in fact, he was exonerated and Rudolph arrested and convicted for the crime. However, what they reported with the facts provided was not an intentional defamation. However, the same was not true of the New York Post, known for right wing showboating...and they paid..and rightfully so..

He needs to stick to being a defamation attorney and let the criminal lawyers defend the accused.

Pierce is the one who is $70 million in debt and keeps changing his firms name repeatedly so the debt doesn't show. Lin wood is the one who refused to pay his legal team, so they are suing him. Because of that he's completely flipped his lid in actual emails, texts and voicemails threatening them one minute and then apologizing, just to turn around and flip out again. As well as physically assaulting two of them.

And anyone who has doubts the actual documents are right online for everyone to read and see his deranged behavior. The fun starts around pg 29.

yes, and Pierce had some bizarre behavior towards his ex wife during a custody dispute...one that makes him look deranged.

Or the DA doesn't get past the preliminary hearing because they have no probable cause to sustain the charges.
The DA knows what he is doing. He in fact was named Prosecutor of the year in 2019. He has over 200 trials under his belt...he is a very capable and experienced prosecutor.

The DA knows what he is doing. He in fact was named Prosecutor of the year in 2019. He has over 200 trials under his belt...he is a very capable and experienced prosecutor.
So you agree with the charges he's filed against Chrystul Kizer? You think he knew enough about this very complex case to file such serious charges within a day of the event, when we were finding out new information for over a week after, none of which discounted the self defense claim of Kyle Rittenhouse?

Why? Pierce and Wood are both showing they aren't fit to take on a trial like this. Pierce probably figured he could scam more money off the fund and Wood is just plain bonkers. Rittenhouse deserves competent counsel and focus. Not two lead attorneys who have enough baggage to fill an airport. Who ever the adult is in the situation needs to heed the warnings many attorneys are offering. Including R&R Law which you've already acknowledged is in defense of Rittenhouse.

So you agree with the charges he's filed against Chrystul Kizer? You think he knew enough about this very complex case to file such serious charges within a day of the event, when we were finding out new information for over a week after, none of which discounted the self defense claim of Kyle Rittenhouse?
While I sympathize with her being victimized by the person she killed, she had options. She was in a Uber when she went to his home. Why did she not call the police? Why did she get in the Uber to begin with? She had a choice and she chose to go there...and after she killed him, why did she burn down the house instead of calling 911 and telling them she killed someone who raped her? She had opportunity to escape and did not. She cannot take justice into her own hands....she had to call the police and her life was not in danger when she was in the uber traveling to his home, yet she went there anyway knowing that he was going to sexually abuse her.

Back
Top Bottom