• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kyle Rittenhouse, 17, charged with murder after two killed during Wisconsin protests

I should have been more clear. From news coverage the 17 is a suspect. Law enforcement has made an arrest.
Doesn't the 17 year old deserve his day in court? Or would you rather we hold the trial on social media?

How many times over the years that videos released out on social media or news story have been wrong after all the facts came out.
Just look at some of the police shooting. Some of the vids are pretty damning, but they do not tell the complete story.

He deserves the same justice as 17 year old Trayvon Martin

Business/right...it amounts to the same thing,

You are perfectly fine with protestors being there, but someone who opposes the protests, you say has no business there...that's just...amazing.

He had the right to be there. He didnt have the right to have the firearm and travel across state lines with it.

He had the right to be there. He didnt have the right to have the firearm and travel across state lines with it.

Absolutely he did......what makes you say that he didnt?

Absolutely he did......what makes you say that he didnt?

Well, he was 17 for starters.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

Some of the worst offenders of civil behavior hide behind their Constitutional rights. With rights come responsibilities to our fellow citizens and our laws. Travelling to a protest in a town that isn't your own with an assault weapon for the sole purpose of confronting a group you don't like is not some sacred right. It's looking for trouble, it's causing trouble. This kid was not a cop, he was not protecting himself or his home from assault and I doubt if he was legally old enough to own that AR. This is what Trump fanaticism can do to impressionable minds.

Right. Nothing to see here. We'll just move along. It's no big deal a 17 year old with an AR shooting BLM protesters. This is America, right, where it's only news if the shooter gets more than six?

He didn't shoot protesters, he shot rioters who attacked him. It's all on video.

Some of the worst offenders of civil behavior hide behind their Constitutional rights. With rights come responsibilities to our fellow citizens and our laws. Travelling to a protest in a town that isn't your own with an assault weapon for the sole purpose of confronting a group you don't like is not some sacred right. It's looking for trouble, it's causing trouble. This kid was not a cop, he was not protecting himself or his home from assault and I doubt if he was legally old enough to own that AR. This is what Trump fanaticism can do to impressionable minds.

do you also condemn violent protestors who went from town to town to engage in looting? destruction of property? to shoot lasers into the eyes of police officers? to throw bricks at mounted police officers so as to maim their horses?

do you also condemn violent protestors who went from town to town to engage in looting? destruction of property? to shoot lasers into the eyes of police officers? to throw bricks at mounted police officers so as to maim their horses?

Sure. And they are being arrested by real cops. That's how it should be.

Sure. And they are being arrested by real cops. That's how it should be.

not nearly enough were being arrested in places like Minnesota or Portland

not nearly enough were being arrested in places like Minnesota or Portland

Try being a cop in the midst of a riot. They can't arrest people until they violate the law, and when you're facing a mob of hundreds or over a thousand, it's not that easy to identify who just pitched a brick at you. They're doing the best they can while still upholding the laws which give us certain rights when facing the justice system. Give them a break. If a Chief deputizes you, go for it. Otherwise, stay out of it.

Rifle possession is legal by 17 year olds in most, if not all, states.

He was being chased by a gang of people who were shouting threats. Then they knocked him to the ground. He has the right to defend himself.

Oh, he has a right to defend himself, but Trayvon was a thug. I see. BTW. He was not knocked down. He fell

Last edited:
He was being chased by a gang of people who were shouting threats. Then they knocked him to the ground. He has the right to defend himself.

I think it unlikely that the eventual jury will see it that way.

I think it unlikely that the eventual jury will see it that way.

What kind of a society have we become when we legally allow lethally-armed children to involve themselves in volatile situations?

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

What kind of a society have we become when we legally allow lethally-armed children to involve themselves in volatile situations?

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

Seen from a distance the problem is far too many guns - like a thousand time too many. But no government can or will take them away. So the future seems as bleak as the present; I wish I could see cause for some optimism.

Thanks for the good wishes. The recommended distance in Sweden now is 1.5 metres. No masks except for health care workers.

Seen from a distance the problem is far too many guns - like a thousand time too many. But no government can or will take them away. So the future seems as bleak as the present; I wish I could see cause for some optimism.

This is exactly the problem...

Thanks for the good wishes. The recommended distance in Sweden now is 1.5 metres. No masks except for health care workers.

Hi!

Thank you for taking time to reply!

Wishing the best for you and yours.

Unfortunately, you’re right in the short term. The country is moving left, moved left. Eventually the folks that obsess over firing pins and muzzles and “do you even know what AR stands for” will be bred out of the place. Generationally speaking, that demo is thisclose to extinction. It’s why you’re seeing this national crack up from white extremist christian america currently

Trump voter Kyle Rittenhouse pretty much undercut all the “leftists are destroying our cities” stuff this week.

I guess that’s the cost of doing business with white nationalists.

Back
Top Bottom