• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kyle Rittenhouse, 17, charged with murder after two killed during Wisconsin protests

Well for starters, I dont think it would be legal for a 17 yr old to be carrying (open or concealed). Dont know all the states' laws on that but under 18 would be unusual.

Also, there was a curfew for EVERYONE...not just the people Trump supporters hate.

Then they knocked him to the ground.

I'm hearing others say he tripped and fell.

At that point he already shot another man. He started to run away. Can you really blame them for pursuing him or do you think they should have just let him run off into the night?

Wait...HE had no right being there, but OTHERS did?

Why....how American of you to think that way.....can you tell me WHY he had no right to be there, but others did?

He had no right to be carrying an AR-15 in the streets as he was 17.

not nearly enough were being arrested in places like Minnesota or Portland

Cops can't catch them all.

Almost no one is complaining about rioters/looters getting arrested. Meanwhile, many on the right are calling this 17 year-old a hero because he killed a couple 'commies.'

Possibly true. But he is legally able to own and possess rifles.

The kid is from Illinois. It is illegal in Illinois to possess a firearm without a FOID card (which may be obtained at age 21). In Wisconsin, it is illegal to open carry if you are under the age of 18.

On social media Rittenhouse idolized police, guns, and the Blue Lives Matter movement and went to a protest armed with an AR-15.

No, he went to provide help to those being victimized by the angry mob.

The kid is from Illinois. It is illegal in Illinois to possess a firearm without a FOID card (which may be obtained at age 21). In Wisconsin, it is illegal to open carry if you are under the age of 18.

And it's illegal to attack cops and innocent citizens while burning down the place.

And it's illegal to attack cops and innocent citizens while burning down the place.

And it is illegal to take the law into your own hands.

And those people should be arrested and pay the consequences. :shrug:

What you said doesn't change the facts I posted.

And it is illegal to take the law into your own hands.

In this case looks like self defense. Let the jury decide or will they let him out of jail like all the others?

And those people should be arrested and pay the consequences. :shrug:

What you said doesn't change the facts I posted.

Correct.

Well there ya go.

yep, and I have been saying all along that he might have some criminal issues with that. As to the shootings, the ones on the tape appear righteous

Business/right...it amounts to the same thing,

You are perfectly fine with protestors being there, but someone who opposes the protests, you say has no business there...that's just...amazing.

It's fine for him to be there. It's not fine to shoot into an unarmed crowd of people.

yep, and I have been saying all along that he might have some criminal issues with that. As to the shootings, the ones on the tape appear righteous

Keep in mind, there is no Stand Your Ground law in Wisconsin, so Kyle would have a harder case than he would in, say, Florida. Also, he appears to continue to shoot as people flee. Also doesn't help his case.

If one shows up in the middle of a situation with scores of people on edge, if they are aware that the situation is volatile and travel 30 minutes to get there with a deadly weapon, chances are that people are going to become provoked and someone is going to end up getting shot. This kid likely knew he was going to pull the trigger before he crossed the state line.

Keep in mind, there is no Stand Your Ground law in Wisconsin, so Kyle would have a harder case than he would in, say, Florida. Also, he appears to continue to shoot as people flee. Also doesn't help his case.

Not certain that's true. He tried retreating. They chased and attacked him. At least from what we have on video.

Not certain that's true. He tried retreating. They chased and attacked him. At least from what we have on video.

What part isn't true? He is running away. He trips/falls. He gets kicked by a man as he aims his gun. He fires at those near him. He then gets up and begins firing more as people flee.

Last edited:

I suspect that it will be shown in court that this minor left his home with a weapon that he isn't legally allowed to carry and drove across state lines with the intention of using it and shooting someone.

He was being chased by a gang of people who were shouting threats. Then they knocked him to the ground. He has the right to defend himself.

He inserted himself belligerently into the situation, and was carrying a semi automatic weapon and waving it around and shooting in public.

You can obtain a FOID card as a minor with parental consent.

In Wisconsin, open carry of a long gun without supervision is permitted for 16-17yo minors in some contexts at the very least. Whether that would apply in this context would depend on case law.

I suspect that it will be shown in court that this minor left his home with a weapon that he isn't legally allowed to carry and drove across state lines with the intention of using it and shooting someone.

From video, we have this POS waving guns around in a gas station that they had taken it upon themselves to “defend”.

Back
Top Bottom