• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kobach loses U.S. Senate seat in Kansas primary

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

images

8/5/20
U.S. Representative Roger Marshall won the Kansas Republican primary for the Senate on Tuesday, defeating anti-immigration firebrand Kris Kobach with the help of the party establishment, which feared Kobach would hurt Republican chances in the fall.

I'm SO happy to see Trump toady Kris Kobach has lost his bid for the US Senate.

I'm not. Conventional wisdom says his winning the primary may have flipped the seat Dem in the general.

Kansas Republicans got badly burned by their last Republican governor. It's made them leery of the extremists in the party. I'm disappointed that Kobach lost, but not surprised.

I'm not. Conventional wisdom says his winning the primary may have flipped the seat Dem in the general.

Kobach voters are unlikely to vote for Rep. Marshall. In KS these dayze the Republican needs every vote he can get and Kobach voters are teed off against the party that mostly lined up behind Marshall. While in KS they know vengeance is mine sayeth the Lord, KS voters of Kobach also know revenge is a plate best served cold. (Do pardon the metaphors being tossed all over the place thx.)

images

The Republican party is starting to scramble to dissociate from the far right extremists in the party the closer we get to November. If Trump loses, expect a house cleaning and a massive course correction. I suspect "The Lincoln Project"-style Republicans stand to inherit the party in the coming years.

images

Actually a good thing for the 2020 election. U.S. Representative Roger Marshall should have an easy time winning in November. One less seat the democrats can win.

Marshall, 59, was supported by establishment Republicans who feared a polarizing figure like Kobach could lose the seat in the autumn to Democrats, who might also get control of the Senate.
US Representative Roger Marshall wins Kansas Republican nomination for Senate seat - New York Times | National Post

The Republican party is starting to scramble to dissociate from the far right extremists in the party the closer we get to November. If Trump loses, expect a house cleaning and a massive course correction. I suspect "The Lincoln Project"-style Republicans stand to inherit the party in the coming years.

The "The Lincoln Project" are democrats in hiding..... Scuzzy people taking democrat money making silly videos for the internet. The left loves them!

Republican Rep. Roger Marshall defeated former Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach in Tuesday’s GOP Senate primary by dominating Wichita and his political home base of western Kansas.

The results suggest Democratic nominee Barbara Bollier faces a steep challenge in limiting Marshall’s support in the state’s largest city. Staying competitive in Wichita is likely crucial for Bollier to have a shot at becoming the first Kansas Democrat to serve in the U.S. Senate since the 1930s.

Access Denied

Kobach's loss just secured KS as a safe GOP for the senate. I don't see Bollier taking it.

Dems needs to focus on NC, IA and MT. They have better odds there.

Kobach voters are unlikely to vote for Rep. Marshall. In KS these dayze the Republican needs every vote he can get and Kobach voters are teed off against the party that mostly lined up behind Marshall. While in KS they know vengeance is mine sayeth the Lord, KS voters of Kobach also know revenge is a plate best served cold. (Do pardon the metaphors being tossed all over the place thx.)

I hope you're right, but have my doubts. In Tennessee the primary candidates for Senate are vying to outdo each other in velcroing themselves as close to Trump as possible.

The "The Lincoln Project" are democrats in hiding..... Scuzzy people taking democrat money making silly videos for the internet. The left loves them!

The Lincoln Project is made up of lifelong Republicans who couldn't stand the stench of Trump and had to leave the party.

Actually a good thing for the 2020 election. U.S. Representative Roger Marshall should have an easy time winning in November. One less seat the democrats can win.

Marshall, 59, was supported by establishment Republicans who feared a polarizing figure like Kobach could lose the seat in the autumn to Democrats, who might also get control of the Senate.
US Representative Roger Marshall wins Kansas Republican nomination for Senate seat - New York Times | National Post

Comes down to votes and the party line isn't always what the republican voters want. Thus, we got Trump.

I hope you're right, but have my doubts. In Tennessee the primary candidates for Senate are vying to outdo each other in velcroing themselves as close to Trump as possible.

Brownback the former governor mucked things up so badly with Republicans loyal support that state Republicans have an almost unprecedented ball and chain attached to 'em in recent elections. A posted focused on this point in scrolling. So it's radically different in KS from business as usual in TN politics.

The Lincoln Project is made up of lifelong Republicans who couldn't stand the stench of Trump and had to leave the party.
A vote for Biden is a vote for all the laws Bidens will enact that republicans are against. A vote for Biden is a vote for all the judges he will nominate that will uphold laws republicans are against and strike down laws republicans are for. If they were actual lifelong republicans then they would never ever vote for biden. Because a vote for Biden is a vote for everything the republicans are against.

REED GALEN
@reedgalen
Reed Galen is a co-founder of The Lincoln Project. He is an independent political strategist whose years of experience stem from working for President George W. Bush, Senator John McCain, and Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
:lamo

They are not republicans...... You bought the phony story!!

The Lincoln project is now attacking republican senators! Lots of democratic money is flowing to the project.

REED GALEN
@reedgalen
Reed Galen is a co-founder of The Lincoln Project. He is an independent political strategist whose years of experience stem from working for President George W. Bush, Senator John McCain, and Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
:lamo

Why then is the project attacking republican senators now? They love all the democratic money they are lining their pockets with! :lamo

Susan Collins Says She Won't 'Back Down' After Lincoln Project Spends $1 Million on Attack Ads
You have been blocked

Republican Senator Susan Collins of Maine, on Wednesday, released a new campaign video, saying she won't "back down" after the Lincoln Project spends $1 million on ads attacking her.

"My opponents say I've changed. I haven't, but politics sure has," Collins said in her video posted to Twitter. "The nonstop false attacks against me began more than a year ago. Especially offensive are the outrageous attacks on my integrity."

Collins continues in the video saying, "Mainers have entrusted me with their vote in the Senate."

"I will not back down from doing what I believe is right for Maine," Collins adds as the video ends.

Why then is the project attacking republican senators now? They love all the democratic money they are lining their pockets with! :lamo

Susan Collins Says She Won't 'Back Down' After Lincoln Project Spends $1 Million on Attack Ads
You have been blocked

Republican Senator Susan Collins of Maine, on Wednesday, released a new campaign video, saying she won't "back down" after the Lincoln Project spends $1 million on ads attacking her.

"My opponents say I've changed. I haven't, but politics sure has," Collins said in her video posted to Twitter. "The nonstop false attacks against me began more than a year ago. Especially offensive are the outrageous attacks on my integrity."

Collins continues in the video saying, "Mainers have entrusted me with their vote in the Senate."

"I will not back down from doing what I believe is right for Maine," Collins adds as the video ends.

Because they want to change the party. What was Bernie Sanders never a democrat now? Collins deserves it for being such a dumbass expecting Trump to change.

Because they want to change the party. What was Bernie Sanders never a democrat now? Collins deserves it for being such a dumbass expecting Trump to change.

They are not republicans! I know that and so do you!! All they are doing is making stupid videos that the loony left loves.
They are not trying to change anything in the republican party. They are supporting the radical democrats. :doh

They are not republicans! I know that and so do you!! All they are doing is making stupid videos that the loony left loves.
They are not trying to change anything in the republican party. They are supporting the radical democrats. :doh

They're not Republicans NOW. They were Republicans.
The Lincoln Project - Wikipedia
The Lincoln Project is an American political action committee formed in late 2019 by several prominent current and former Republicans. The goal of the committee is to prevent the reelection of Donald Trump in the 2020 presidential election and defeat his supporters in the United States Senate.[1] In April 2020, the committee announced their endorsement of presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden.[2]

The committee was announced on December 17, 2019, in a New York Times op-ed by George Conway, Steve Schmidt, John Weaver, and Rick Wilson. Other co-founders include Jennifer Horn, Ron Steslow, Reed Galen, and Mike Madrid.

Conway is an attorney and the husband of Kellyanne Conway, an advisor to Trump; Schmidt managed John McCain's 2008 presidential campaign, Weaver oversaw McCain's presidential campaign in 2000, and Wilson is a media consultant. All four are outspoken critics of Trump; Schmidt left the Republican Party in 2018. Jennifer Rubin, in a Washington Post op-ed, described the four founders as "Some of the most prominent NeverTrump Republicans." Horn is a Republican operative and former chair of the New Hampshire Republican Party, Steslow is a marketing strategist and political consultant, Galen is an independent political consultant, and Madrid is a former political director for the California Republican Party. Galen serves as the Lincoln Project's treasurer.

I'm not seeing any democrats.

Ill tell you what i know. Personal attacks dont add to your credibility. Biden isnt anywhere close to radical.

I'm not seeing any democrats.

The Lincoln Project has made itself a Democratic Party organization

But as one gets deeper into researching the Lincoln Project, it is clear that its focus is not limited to Trump. It aims to defeat all Republican-elected officials.

Though some founders at the Lincoln Project still claim to be Republicans, it is hard to view that claim as truthful. Their digital accounts indicate that their plan is to defeat Republicans across the board, including those who have distanced themselves from the ideas of Trumpism.

The Self-Importance of The Lincoln Project

Anti-Trump Lincoln Project Not a Republican Group | National Review

It’s hard to maintain the fiction of The Lincoln Project as a Republican group.

A couple of erstwhile Republican operatives who notably failed to elect Republican presidents are now trying to elect a Democratic one.

They call their super PAC, self-importantly, The Lincoln Project. The operation is devoted to churning out harsh and often ridiculously over-the-top ads attacking President Donald Trump that are invariably praised by the media and progressives on Twitter, who are The Lincoln Project’s political base.

But it’s another thing entirely to go raise millions of dollars from Democratic donors and run ads not just against Trump but against run-of-the-mill Republican senators whose only offense is having an R next to their names.

The idea of Republican political pros working against Trump is irresistible to The Lincoln Project’s progressive fans. But it’s not really true. John Weaver, for example, hasn’t been a GOP stalwart in about 20 years. He left to go work for the Democratic House campaign committee after John McCain’s 2000 primary campaign flamed out. He returned as the strategist to the 2016 presidential campaign of John Kasich, who will be speaking at the Democratic convention this year.

Steve Schmidt repaid John McCain for the opportunity of a lifetime running his 2008 presidential campaign by self-servingly dishing on the wreckage and making a new career among the people who hated the McCain campaign. Just last year, he was the chief strategist to prospective independent presidential candidate Howard Schultz, chairman emeritus of Starbucks — showing he wasn’t going to let a self-evident absurdity get in the way of a good payday.

It’s hard to maintain the fiction of The Lincoln Project as a Republican group when Weaver gave a defensive-sounding interview to the Washington Post promising to support the agenda of a prospective President Biden and attack Republicans for opposing him.

Ill tell you what i know. Personal attacks dont add to your credibility. Biden isnt anywhere close to radical.

So now you understand that the Lincoln Project is supporting and backing democrats? One more hoax on the left.

Poor Biden does not know what race he is running for. Some days he is not sure where he is?
Sad to see the mental decline.....

But as one gets deeper into researching the Lincoln Project, it is clear that its focus is not limited to Trump. It aims to defeat all Republican-elected officials.

Though some founders at the Lincoln Project still claim to be Republicans, it is hard to view that claim as truthful. Their digital accounts indicate that their plan is to defeat Republicans across the board, including those who have distanced themselves from the ideas of Trumpism.

The Self-Importance of The Lincoln Project

Anti-Trump Lincoln Project Not a Republican Group | National Review

It’s hard to maintain the fiction of The Lincoln Project as a Republican group.

A couple of erstwhile Republican operatives who notably failed to elect Republican presidents are now trying to elect a Democratic one.

They call their super PAC, self-importantly, The Lincoln Project. The operation is devoted to churning out harsh and often ridiculously over-the-top ads attacking President Donald Trump that are invariably praised by the media and progressives on Twitter, who are The Lincoln Project’s political base.

But it’s another thing entirely to go raise millions of dollars from Democratic donors and run ads not just against Trump but against run-of-the-mill Republican senators whose only offense is having an R next to their names.

The idea of Republican political pros working against Trump is irresistible to The Lincoln Project’s progressive fans. But it’s not really true. John Weaver, for example, hasn’t been a GOP stalwart in about 20 years. He left to go work for the Democratic House campaign committee after John McCain’s 2000 primary campaign flamed out. He returned as the strategist to the 2016 presidential campaign of John Kasich, who will be speaking at the Democratic convention this year.

Steve Schmidt repaid John McCain for the opportunity of a lifetime running his 2008 presidential campaign by self-servingly dishing on the wreckage and making a new career among the people who hated the McCain campaign. Just last year, he was the chief strategist to prospective independent presidential candidate Howard Schultz, chairman emeritus of Starbucks — showing he wasn’t going to let a self-evident absurdity get in the way of a good payday.

It’s hard to maintain the fiction of The Lincoln Project as a Republican group when Weaver gave a defensive-sounding interview to the Washington Post promising to support the agenda of a prospective President Biden and attack Republicans for opposing him.

Umm you forget that nearly all republicans in the house and senate have enabled Trump every single step of the way. Not my fault you guys chased everyone out except for trump toadies. I remember clear as day you guys were peddling the idea that RINOs are somehow democrats in disguise. You became so alienating they were forced to abandon ship and turn against you :). Keep it up and your party is dead. They are former republicans which is what we have been saying.

Back
Top Bottom