• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear vetoes bill banning male-born athletes from female sports

So you wouldn't watch women's sports if they were given equal time? Do you think that faux viewers wouldn't tune in?
There are a couple women's sports worth watching-women's tennis is pretty good-they often have better tactics than the men. Same with women's table tennis. Their footwork is amazing. Basketball-nah its a snoozer.

There are a couple women's sports worth watching-women's tennis is pretty good-they often have better tactics than the men. Same with women's table tennis. Their footwork is amazing. Basketball-nah its a snoozer.
Sadly, I find most sports to be dull to watch. I also hate it when people get hurt. Being older, I realize now that injuries tend to linger. I would watch a child of mine play sports, though, as that's what a good dad would do.

Sadly, I find most sports to be dull to watch. I also hate it when people get hurt. Being older, I realize now that injuries tend to linger. I would watch a child of mine play sports, though, as that's what a good dad would do.
I cannot argue with what you find entertaining.

1649450281587.png

1) 68% of high school students participate in extra-curricular sports

2)
29% of LGBQ girls and 25% of LGBQ boys participate in sports

3)
14% of transgender females and 12% of transgender males participate in high school sports

4)
1.8% of high school students identify themselves as "transgender" (CDC Study 2019)

5) transgenders participating in high school sports represent 0.44% of all student athletes

6)
82% of transgender youth in sports wouldn't confide their true "gender identity" with the coach

7) 51% of transgender youth have never used a locker room during gym classes that corresponded with their "gender identity," being afraid to address the issue - of the number, 16% participate in extra-curricular school sports, 32% joined but quit, 52% have never played sports outside of school hours

8) 34% of transgender of girls and 41% of transgender boys don't feel safe in their school locker rooms

9) 78% of sports spectators and athletes believe that LGBTQ students wouldn't be safe joining a youth sports teams

10) 32% of LGBTQ youth playing sports feel safer in the classroom - compared to the 25% who have never played

11) 71% of LGBTQ youth playing sports reported feeling depressed within the last week - compared to the 79% who never played

12) 65% of LGBTQ youth playing sports reported feelings of worthlessness with the last week - as compared to the 73% that never played

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

A) Transgender youth participating in high school sports represent just 0.44% of all student athletes - the real question is to WHY this has suddenly emerged as a "HOT BUTTON" issue with the American public and State Legislatures across the nation - WHO has the most to gain from exploiting it during an election year!

B) Given that transgender student athletes are already few and far between, most fearing for their personal safety should their "gender identity" be exposed - most politicians voting to exclude them from sports would be hard pressed to provide documented examples, within their state, where it resulted in an "unfair" advantage!

C) Transgender students are already a very high risk group - confusion as to their gender identity, isolation, fear of being discovered, trust issues, nobody in which to confide, isolation, verbal and physical abuse, isolation, feelings of worthlessness, depression, suicides!

D) Recent studies have indicated that participating in high school sports can have a positive impact on the mental health of transgender youth - responsible educators, politicians and members of the general public should all be encouraging LGBTQ students to play sports, not using "gender identity" to erect barriers to relegate them to 2nd class citizens!

E) Given that sexual orientation has never been a conscious decision, it is highly unlike that anyone would deliberately identify as "transgender" by choice - there should be a special place in Hell reserved for those politicians who are actively promoting their careers, at the expense of these young student athletes living in a society where "THE ODDS HAVE ALREADY STACKED AGAINST THEM!"

Last edited:
All of a sudden, the RW wants to be fair towards women in sports. Hilarious. That's a belly laugher if ever there was.
Glad you're happy but it has absolutely nothing to do with RW and everything to do with fairness.

@jgarden47, no one is saying that transgender students can't participate in sports, only that they have to participate in the sports that correspond to their sex. To be honest, we're really saying that, generally speaking, male transgenders shouldn't participate in women's sports, if female transgenders want to handicap themselves by participating in men's sports I doubt many would complain. I say "generally speaking" because there could well be sports out there I don't know of where females have an inherent advantage over males, in which case the same logic would apply.

@jgarden47, no one is saying that transgender students can't participate in sports, only that they have to participate in the sports that correspond to their sex. To be honest, we're really saying that, generally speaking, male transgenders shouldn't participate in women's sports, if female transgenders want to handicap themselves by participating in men's sports I doubt many would complain. I say "generally speaking" because there could well be sports out there I don't know of where females have an inherent advantage over males, in which case the same logic would apply.
1649485460684.png

Naturally, these days making a law that only applies to one sex is a great way to get labeled a sexist bigot and have your law struck down by the Supreme Court. But I don’t hear anyone talking about the threat to men’s sports because transgender women want to compete in them, do you?

How is it against people being human??? T
This is completely and only about fairness in woman's sports....that's it! Fairness towards woman is a good thing!

I respect the rights of people who think of themselves as who they are. Trans male to F think of themselves as female. They don't think male. They're even willing to go to the extent of surgical transition. Who are they? M or F? They go in the sport who they are. Or you can further marginalize the marginalized, leaving them ostracized from society. Which is DEHUMANIZING.

Huh? They don't want male born, and all the advantages that comes with, competing against female born humans.

You are just picking which humans you want protected , all on a political bias. How about you protect the female born and create a separate category for them to compete in, if they so wish.

It's the losing side.

People have a right to be who they are. A M2F thinks and behaves female. Not male. Thinking trans is only societal pressure, not being who they are. Those who want to marginalize them to a marginal category are doing so due to political bias. They refuse to allow them to be who they are.

nice dishonest diversion. Straw man walking

What's the dishonest?

It's not a diversion. It's the truth. Rep/cons didn't want equality in sports btx men and women yrs ago. Now they're all about protecting women's rights. Hilarious.

oh some serious drama-llamaesque bleating in that post. Let the trans movement destroy women's sports since it is more important for a few men to feel accepted as girls than real women being able to compete in a fair environment
Speaking of melodrama 😂

People have a right to be who they are. A M2F thinks and behaves female. Not male. Thinking trans is only societal pressure, not being who they are. Those who want to marginalize them to a marginal category are doing so due to political bias. They refuse to allow them to be who they are.
Trans folks have the right to be who they are. They do not have the right to dominate female sports due to their specific physical makeup that gives them an unfair advantage.

They need their own specific category where they can compete against others on a level playing field.

Do you really think it's fair for males to compete against females in most sports? Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner against a natural female? If Trans want to compete, let them do it with same biological sex athletes or compete in sports where sex is not segregated eg motorsports, billiards, etc where size and strength are not determinative. Perhaps in sports where there are weight classes, such as wrestling.

Glad you're happy but it has absolutely nothing to do with RW and everything to do with fairness.

The laughing has nothing to do with happiness as you falsely imply. It has to do with ridicule as is richly deserved.

She may think and behave female, I don't much care about how she thinks or behaves regarding sporting events. I do care about how she performs, and if she performs like the natural born male that she is/was, then she should be banned from competing against females.

End of story.

Average American - Gas prices are high, food prices are high, we need help!
Kentucky (as well as other states) - Who cares about you! We have to ban trans people, gays, and discussion about slavery.

Trans folks have the right to be who they are. They do not have the right to dominate female sports due to their specific physical makeup that gives them an unfair advantage.

They need their own specific category where they can compete against others on a level playing field.
Should be like pro archery-OPEN and Women classes. Women at the big Vegas shoot can enter the OPEN division where the purses are higher. Men cannot enter the women's division

you mean waiting almost a month to post such a lame-ass reply?
I didn't notice when you wrote the comment. I just noticed that in it you complained about drama while claiming that trans women "destroy" women's sports.

I didn't notice when you wrote the comment. I just noticed that in it you complained about drama while claiming that trans women "destroy" women's sports.
they do. the CT girls track and the Ivy league women's swim meet

So you wouldn't watch women's sports if they were given equal time? Do you think that faux viewers wouldn't tune in?
Women's sports doesn't have an audience from any demographic, including trans women. By your logic, trans women shouldn't have an opinion on this issue since they don't watch women's sports either.

View attachment 67384563

1) 68% of high school students participate in extra-curricular sports

2)
29% of LGBQ girls and 25% of LGBQ boys participate in sports

3)
14% of transgender females and 12% of transgender males participate in high school sports

4)
1.8% of high school students identify themselves as "transgender" (CDC Study 2019)

5) transgenders participating in high school sports represent 0.44% of all student athletes

6)
82% of transgender youth in sports wouldn't confide their true "gender identity" with the coach

7) 51% of transgender youth have never used a locker room during gym classes that corresponded with their "gender identity," being afraid to address the issue - of the number, 16% participate in extra-curricular school sports, 32% joined but quit, 52% have never played sports outside of school hours

8) 34% of transgender of girls and 41% of transgender boys don't feel safe in their school locker rooms

9) 78% of sports spectators and athletes believe that LGBTQ students wouldn't be safe joining a youth sports teams

10) 32% of LGBTQ youth playing sports feel safer in the classroom - compared to the 25% who have never played

11) 71% of LGBTQ youth playing sports reported feeling depressed within the last week - compared to the 79% who never played

12) 65% of LGBTQ youth playing sports reported feelings of worthlessness with the last week - as compared to the 73% that never played

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

A) Transgender youth participating in high school sports represent just 0.44% of all student athletes - the real question is to WHY this has suddenly emerged as a "HOT BUTTON" issue with the American public and State Legislatures across the nation - WHO has the most to gain from exploiting it during an election year!

B) Given that transgender student athletes are already few and far between, most fearing for their personal safety should their "gender identity" be exposed - most politicians voting to exclude them from sports would be hard pressed to provide documented examples, within their state, where it resulted in an "unfair" advantage!

C) Transgender students are already a very high risk group - confusion as to their gender identity, isolation, fear of being discovered, trust issues, nobody in which to confide, isolation, verbal and physical abuse, isolation, feelings of worthlessness, depression, suicides!

D) Recent studies have indicated that participating in high school sports can have a positive impact on the mental health of transgender youth - responsible educators, politicians and members of the general public should all be encouraging LGBTQ students to play sports, not using "gender identity" to erect barriers to relegate them to 2nd class citizens!

E) Given that sexual orientation has never been a conscious decision, it is highly unlike that anyone would deliberately identify as "transgender" by choice - there should be a special place in Hell reserved for those politicians who are actively promoting their careers, at the expense of these young student athletes living in a society where "THE ODDS HAVE ALREADY STACKED AGAINST THEM!"
maybe only one sprinter doped in the 1988 men's 100 meter dash but he "won". I'd say that impacted the field rather significantly. The sanctity of sport and the interests of real women trump the feelings of men who want to compete as girls. They should compete in an open class, not against girls

they do. the CT girls track and the Ivy league women's swim meet
I didn't look up CT track, but the swim meet was held on Feb. 16. Not "destroyed".

The problem with professional women's sports is that the skill levels typically aren't very high. People watch professional sports to see people doing extraordinary things. Watching a professional women's team that would lose to a high school boys team isn't as interesting as watching the higher-performing men. That said, I did enjoy watching the US women's soccer team on occasion. And, I'm not particularly interested in watching sports as a whole.

Back
Top Bottom