• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear vetoes bill banning male-born athletes from female sports

Sadly, I find most sports to be dull to watch. I also hate it when people get hurt. Being older, I realize now that injuries tend to linger. I would watch a child of mine play sports, though, as that's what a good dad would do.
The worst is watching sports, like hockey, where fans sometimes cheer when players get injured. This bothers me as well.

Transgenders represent only 0.18% of America. The number of male transgenders in sports must be a very small fraction of that and I can't imagine more than a hundred or so.

I just don't get the attention and vitriol this segment of the population gets. You'd think millions of people were being thrown into a fire or something heinous. A male not destroying females in swimming should not be high on any list of prorities.

Its all conservatives have to hang their hatred of trans people on. Bathrooms seems to have faded as their issue.

Its all conservatives have to hang their hatred of trans people on. Bathrooms seems to have faded as their issue.
that's moronic but typical. I don't hate trans people. I coach women athletes. I don't think they should see titles and awards taken away by dudes pretending to be girls

the woke left does not care about sports or athletic fairness. They think that unless you support XYs competing against XX athletes, you are transphobic and that trans "acceptance" will be impeded. In reality, it is the opposite. I don't have any issues with trans. I figure adults have an absolute right to do with their bodies as they see fit. But as a coach of girl and lady athletes, I oppose letting men compete against them

The conservative Republican governor of Utah, who vetoed their bill, put it best:

"I must admit, I am not an expert on transgenderism. I struggle to understand so much of it and the science is conflicting. When in doubt however, I always try to err on the side of kindness, mercy and compassion. I also try to get proximate and I am learning so much from our transgender community. They are great kids who face enormous struggles. Here are the numbers that have most impacted my decision: 75,000, 4, 1, 86 and 56.

● 75,000 high school kids participating in high school sports in Utah.
● 4 transgender kids playing high school sports in Utah.
● 1 transgender student playing girls sports.
● 86% of trans youth reporting suicidality.
● 56% of trans youth having attempted suicide

Four kids and only one of them playing girls sports. That’s what all of this is about. Four kids who aren’t dominating or winning trophies or taking scholarships. Four kids who are just trying to find some friends and feel like they are a part of something. Four kids trying to get through each day. Rarely has so much fear and anger been directed at so few. I don’t understand what they are going through or why they feel the way they do. But I want them to live. And all the research shows that even a little acceptance and connection can reduce suicidality significantly. For that reason, as much as any other, I have taken this action in the hope that we can continue to work together and find a better way. If a veto override occurs, I hope we can work to find ways to show these four kids that we love them and they have a place in our state."

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/202...s-letter-on-transgender-athlete-ban-veto.html

Women's sports doesn't have an audience from any demographic, including trans women. By your logic, trans women shouldn't have an opinion on this issue since they don't watch women's sports either.
But the right suddenly really cares about women's sports. Surely they must be watching them a lot.

I'd like to see Beshear run for president.

The conservative Republican governor of Utah, who vetoed their bill, put it best:

"I must admit, I am not an expert on transgenderism. I struggle to understand so much of it and the science is conflicting. When in doubt however, I always try to err on the side of kindness, mercy and compassion. I also try to get proximate and I am learning so much from our transgender community. They are great kids who face enormous struggles. Here are the numbers that have most impacted my decision: 75,000, 4, 1, 86 and 56.

● 75,000 high school kids participating in high school sports in Utah.
● 4 transgender kids playing high school sports in Utah.
● 1 transgender student playing girls sports.
● 86% of trans youth reporting suicidality.
● 56% of trans youth having attempted suicide

Four kids and only one of them playing girls sports. That’s what all of this is about. Four kids who aren’t dominating or winning trophies or taking scholarships. Four kids who are just trying to find some friends and feel like they are a part of something. Four kids trying to get through each day. Rarely has so much fear and anger been directed at so few. I don’t understand what they are going through or why they feel the way they do. But I want them to live. And all the research shows that even a little acceptance and connection can reduce suicidality significantly. For that reason, as much as any other, I have taken this action in the hope that we can continue to work together and find a better way. If a veto override occurs, I hope we can work to find ways to show these four kids that we love them and they have a place in our state."

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/202...s-letter-on-transgender-athlete-ban-veto.html
so a little unfairness is ok? tell us how it is more unfair to make a XY play against other XYs then allowing him to play against girls?

But the right suddenly really cares about women's sports. Surely they must be watching them a lot.
I have been coaching women athletes since I was in my early 20s. I think it is wrong for dudes to compete against girls in most sports

do you thing the Transaders are about sports fairness or pushing a woke agenda on the rest of us

I have been coaching women athletes since I was in my early 20s. I think it is wrong for dudes to compete against girls in most sports

do you thing the Transaders are about sports fairness or pushing a woke agenda on the rest of us

How many transgenders have you coached?

so a little unfairness is ok? tell us how it is more unfair to make a XY play against other XYs then allowing him to play against girls?

Suicide or unfairness. So hard to choose.

I think that faux has amplified the issue to keep rage potatoes pissed off all of the time. That's the faux business model.

I think that faux has amplified the issue to keep rage potatoes pissed off all of the time. That's the faux business model.
Tell that to the lady swimmers at Dartmouth, Princeton, Yale, Harvard, Cornell, Brown and Columbia

Tell that to the lady swimmers at Dartmouth, Princeton, Yale, Harvard, Cornell, Brown and Columbia
Tell tuck tuck that a transgender just won a game of gin rummy in Whogivesashit, South Dakota.

Tell tuck tuck that a transgender just won a game of gin rummy in Whogivesashit, South Dakota.
If you really don't give a shit then why post on this topic? the issue is this=what is more fair-allowing a trans unfair advantages to compete against real women or to allow real women to compete fairly?

If you really don't give a shit then why post on this topic? the issue is this=what is more fair-allowing a trans unfair advantages to compete against real women or to allow real women to compete fairly?
Because most of the people who bitch about transgenders in sports couldn't give a tin shit about it other than the fact that faux wanted to stir up bigotry for profit and they watch a lot of faux.

Because most of the people who bitch about transgenders in sports couldn't give a tin shit about it other than the fact that faux wanted to stir up bigotry for profit and they watch a lot of faux.
maybe so but that is not the case concerning me, nor all those swimmers who were cheated out of their proper places due to a dude pretending to be a woman. Even worse was the HS Girls track in CT where boys don't even have to be cut and doing hormones to run as girls. All they have to do is to claim they identify as female and swinging dicks and all, they are in the girls track meet

Seems we're looking at another veto override on the issue, and that much more weight on the inevitable Supreme Court case coming down the pike.

And another example of the differences between states--in Kentucky the legislature can override a governor's veto with a simple majority?! 😲 What's the point of a veto at all, then?
Boys aren't girls and should not compete in athletics as if they were.

What an illogical statement. Anyone who gives a darn about womens athletics knows boys/men participating in womens/girls sports is unfair to women/girls. Biological women/girls are being cheated by allowing men/boys to pose as women.

maybe so but that is not the case concerning me, nor all those swimmers who were cheated out of their proper places due to a dude pretending to be a woman. Even worse was the HS Girls track in CT where boys don't even have to be cut and doing hormones to run as girls. All they have to do is to claim they identify as female and swinging dicks and all, they are in the girls track meet
I'm sure that you've studied this thoroughly.

I'm sure that you've studied this thoroughly.
yeah, I am a full time coach these days. I was resident athlete at the OTC for a couple months over 40 years ago. I played several sports in college, and started coaching in college as well and have not stopped since then

The place to settle this in the courts, not by partisan legislation. The GOP are adding this to their 2022 and 2024 culture wars list. Too bad they couldn't run on policy but they can't.
Thats a very silly argument to make. Bidens energy policy is a disaster. His economic policy is a disaster. His foreign policy is a disaster. His immigration policy is a disaster. Every policy he has touched has turned to shit. Believe me...THAT WILL be the campaign agenda in 2022 and 2024.

Back
Top Bottom