• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Keep showing that no-class ass, Governor McCrory

Sykes

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Delightful 12-year old, 1. Prickly Gov. McCrory, 0. | Citizen

So McCrory missed out on meeting a 12-year old who is extremely bright, very well-spoken and polite, and in no need of anyone to put her up to anything — Madison Kimrey is the real deal and the only unreal thing about her is that she's 12 and 4'8, but she sounds and acts like a young adult. A serious young adult.

With a serious question that the governor would do well to ask himself: How does it help voter integrity to get rid of a program that helps high-school students get ready to vote when they're 18?

Or, as Colin Powell asked at a CEO forum in Raleigh today after McCrory had high-tailed it out of there, how can there be such widespread voter fraud in North Carolina as McCrory claims and yet it's undetected? Powell, with whom McCrory really doesn't want to share cake, blasted the voter-suppression bill our governor is so proud of, saying it delivers a clear message to minority voters that they're being punished for turning out in big numbers in 2008 and 2012.

Well, that's going to be a one-term governor (if he actually lasts that long). Hopefully, the good (read: still sane) people of NC are paying careful attention to Moral Mondays, and they will turn out in enough numbers to overcome Republican gerrymandering, aka as yet another disgrace by the party who can only get into power by lying, cheating, and stealing.

Gross Old Pricks, indeed.

Delightful 12-year old, 1. Prickly Gov. McCrory, 0. | Citizen

Well, that's going to be a one-term governor (if he actually lasts that long). Hopefully, the good (read: still sane) people of NC are paying careful attention to Moral Mondays, and they will turn out in enough numbers to overcome Republican gerrymandering, aka as yet another disgrace by the party who can only get into power by lying, cheating, and stealing.

Gross Old Pricks, indeed.

If they have the time and transportation to get to these meetings, I suggest they stop by the DMV on their way home and get some ID so they can never be deprived of their voting rights (or check cashing rights or driving rights or boarding an airplane rights).

Sounds more like her parents probably were behind it and used her as a prop.
As for Powell,shouldn't he be more focused on his Romanian girlfriend?

If they have the time and transportation to get to these meetings, I suggest they stop by the DMV on their way home and get some ID so they can never be deprived of their voting rights (or check cashing rights or driving rights or boarding an airplane rights).

You know when everybody has ID they'll shift to something else, right?

It really has little to do with election integrity.

If it did, bills would include provisions to facilitate compliance. But they don't. The opposite is more often the case.

In at least one state, DMV hours were drastically cut in majority dem districts, for example.

Theae efforts will continue as long as low turnout tends to benefit republicans, and vice-versa.

You know when everybody has ID they'll shift to something else, right?

It really has little to do with election integrity.

If it did, bills would include provisions to facilitate compliance.

In at least one state, DMV hours were drastically cut in majority dem districts, for example.

These efforts will continue as long as low turnout tends to benefit republicans, and vice-versa.

Following your line of reasoning, we should never do anything about anything since it's all an evil GOP plot and as soon as anything gets done, they'll move the goalpost.

Following my line of reasoning, everybody actually does need ID in modern society so instead of whining about it get off their asses and do something about it. Then, when your GOP Debbil comes up with something new...at least you'll have ID.

Following your line of reasoning, we should never do anything about anything since it's all an evil GOP plot and as soon as anything gets done, they'll move the goalpost.

Following my line of reasoning, everybody actually does need ID in modern society so instead of whining about it get off their asses and do something about it. Then, when your GOP Debbil comes up with something new...at least you'll have ID.

Not at all.

Voter ID is a solution looking for a problem.

I don't uave a problem with it, per se.

But when you pass the laws right BEFORE an election, then concurrently make it MORE difficult to comply, and conduct targetted actions aimed at curtailing things like early voting for SOME voters at the same time, it becomes clear you have an agenda as opposed to a legitimate concern.

Now's the time to do it, when everyone has time, and all the little details can get ironed out, like what to do with students studying out of their home states, etc. I won't have sympathy for those who don't get their ducks in a row by the NEXT election. (Barring NEW efforts to make it more difficult)

Needing ID to function in society is a separate issue.

Shenanigans are shenanigans.

Not at all.

Voter ID is a solution looking for a problem.

I don't uave a problem with it, per se.

But when you pass the laws right BEFORE an election, then concurrently make it MORE difficult to comply, and conduct targetted actions aimed at curtailing things like early voting for SOME voters at the same time, it becomes clear you have an agenda as opposed to a legitimate concern.

Now's the time to do it, when everyone has time, and all the little details can get ironed out, like what to do with students studying out of their home states, etc. I won't have sympathy for those who don't get their ducks in a row by the NEXT election. (Barring NEW efforts to make it more difficult)

Needing ID to function in society is a separate issue.

Shenanigans are shenanigans.

Well, that is what I said. Regardless of motive, lets get everybody ID so they can vote when the time comes so tactics like last minute ID requirements won't be effective.

Well, that is what I said. Regardless of motive, lets get everybody ID so they can vote when the time comes so tactics like last minute ID requirements won't be effective.

Sounded like you were giving those with issues getting ID the finger.

But that doesn't sound like you, so I followed up.

Glad we cleared that up.

Back
Top Bottom