• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Keep it simple. Explain this.

Does every Muslim man do this? Or is this just a generalisation?

Maybe we should burn down the Catholic church coz all priests have sex with young children?

... or did he mean republicans? (Sorry - as crass as the original post)

wim00 said:
... or did he mean republicans? (Sorry - as crass as the original post)
I second that. No, I don't, but still, great comment.

Next up, we examine the clitoris, nature's rubix cube (great quote from family guy).

/Wipes ass w/ copy of the Koran.

Get over yourselves.

Thank you for that.

What would you say if I said, "Draws a picture of Jesus and the Virgin Mary having sex. Urinates on Jesus' "O-Face." Defecates on Mary's face. Rubs the two together..."

For the record, I feel terrible for what I just said, and I didn't even actually do it. I apologize, but I'm trying to make a point that I don't think Gamago will grasp.

What I said was extremely offensive yes? Nothing to get angry over, but if you saw someone wiping their ass with your bible you'd probably be fairly sore over the whole ordeal. Well, now pretend your compeletly uneducated except for the terrorist school you started when you were 7, and someone does this. You're pissed and all you know is violence. That is your religion. Not toilet paper.

I'm not a muslim and I was incredibly offended by what you said. I don't believe your comment was necessary or intelligent, and I certainly don't think the compassion you just displayed is helping the war on terror.

Well said,

I was also offended by his comment. I am a catholic.

The ignorance of these people was their rise and will be their downfall.

What was the reason in which such a comment was made in the first place? What does it achive? Nothing other than displaying the stupidity of the author.

What would you say if I said, "Draws a picture of Jesus and the Virgin Mary having sex. Urinates on Jesus' "O-Face." Defecates on Mary's face. Rubs the two together..."
I think that has already been done in the name of "Art", GB

Well, I think that is just as offensive as wiping one's ass with the Koran.

Gandhi>Bush said:
Well, I think that is just as offensive as wiping one's ass with the Koran.

Religious text abuse. Flag burning. Burning in effigy. Sinad O'conner ripping up the popes picture on SNL. Flushing this. Defecating on that. Oh, I'm so offended. 1st amendment folks. If this stuff really bothers you I would hate to see you folks face real adversity.

Just an excerpt from an editorial by Jeff Jacoby...

No one recalled, for example, that American Catholics lashed out in violent rampages in 1989, after photographer Andres Serrano's excerpt**** Christ" -- a photograph of a crucifix submerged in urine -- was included in an exhibition subsidized by the National Endowment for the Arts. Or that they rioted in 1992 when singer Sinead O'Connor, appearing on ''Saturday Night Live," ripped up a photograph of Pope John Paul II.

There was no reminder that Jewish communities erupted in lethal violence in 2000, after Arabs demolished Joseph's Tomb, torching the ancient shrine and murdering a young rabbi who tried to save a Torah from the flames. And nobody noted that Buddhists went on a killing spree in 2001 in response to the destruction of two priceless, 1,500-year-old statues of Buddha by the Taliban government in Afghanistan.

Of course, there was a good reason all these bloody protests went unremembered in the coverage of the Newsweek affair: They never occurred.

...The point being that the rest of the world's religions don't react in the same violent manner that Muslims do.

teacher said:
Religious text abuse. Flag burning. Burning in effigy. Sinad O'conner ripping up the popes picture on SNL. Flushing this. Defecating on that. Oh, I'm so offended. 1st amendment folks. If this stuff really bothers you I would hate to see you folks face real adversity.
Your inability to have even a clue as to what is offensive to people who are not American exposes the level of your intelligence....

26 X World Champs said:
Your inability to have even a clue as to what is offensive to people who are not American exposes the level of your intelligence....

Ah once again instead of logical debate we resort to name calling. In lieu of a witty retort I suppose. You've gained this knowledge of my understanding of what offends others from where? Yea they get bent out of shape for flushing a Koran. I still say so what. As long as they strap bombs to themselves and target children I don't give a damn what offends them. I just want those who plan and participate in such savagery to die. Maybe then I'll offer my left hand in friendship.

Let the little Arab girls learn to read.

teacher said:
As long as they strap bombs to themselves and target children I don't give a damn what offends them. I just want those who plan and participate in such savagery to die. Maybe then I'll offer my left hand in friendship.

You'll offer your left hand to corpses?

Gandhi>Bush said:
You'll offer your left hand to corpses?

Nah. Just that I was accused of not knowing what offends people other than Americans. As far as I understand Arabs (or some) have this thing about the left hand. Just a little strange humor. Should have wrote I'll offer my left hand in friendship to those left.(I mean still around)

teacher said:
Nah. Just that I was accused of not knowing what offends people other than Americans. As far as I understand Arabs (or some) have this thing about the left hand. Just a little strange humor. Should have wrote I'll offer my left hand in friendship to those left.(I mean still around)
actually, it is whatever hand you wipe with...kinda makes sense.

and if you want to annoy people in saudi arabia, turn the peace symbol around and wave that around...it basically means fu.

26 X World Champs said:

Your inability to have even a clue as to what is offensive to people who are American exposes the level of your intelligence.

USA bends over backwards to not offend people all the time to little or no avail. Too bad this behavior is not reciprocated.

ShamMol said:
actually, it is whatever hand you wipe with...kinda makes sense.

and if you want to annoy people in saudi arabia, turn the peace symbol around and wave that around...it basically means fu.

And if you cant reach or are handicapped or whtever you dont get to wipe at all per Koran...Ewwww

Some few soldiers, may in fact have desecrated the Koran, they may have done it, and I don't condone it. But, I believe that those truly desecrating the Koran are those who use its teachings to justify murdering innocent people. That, in my opinion, is a far greater desecration than we have ever done. If Islam is a religion of peace that is...

Back
Top Bottom