• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kavanaugh Nailed -- Portland Press Herald editorial

If Kavanaugh were to be on the bench he would have to recuse himself everytime a Democrat is involved.

Move along Trump. Nominate someone else.

more trolling nonsense. When Kagan and RBG remove themselves from any abortion issue you might have a point

Eh, you only had two choices... And there are arguments of lessor evils... and naturally you can support a president for some of their policies and dislike them for others...

not a comparable situation... this is a man's life and family here... he's done absolutely nothing to provoke anyone.

I saw no lesser of evils if you are talking the election. It is the rare Con these days that does not defend every thing no matter how disgusting the act or words. They used to but they rarely do so these days, it is the new America we have now.

Not everyone agrees with that assesment but regardless of the accusations his opening tirade proved to many that he does not belong on the SC.
He will get his job so in the end he won meaning victimhood is nothing if note. Kav and Trump won, the Nation and SC lost.

This is the best opinion given yet, really nails it.

been saying that myself for days so have many many others, even some that think the charges are a shame still recognize his biased unhinged meltdown as unbecoming of a scouts judge.

Why are some folks on here talking as if he 100% sexually abused this person? The people she named denies it and he denies it yet here we are being 100% sure he is a rapist. The person Ford claimed drove her home even says she didn't. What is this? Oh, that's right. A way for the left to prevent a Republican from being nominated to the Supreme Court.

I fully expect another accusation to pop up between now and Friday afternoon.

Oh absolutely. Let these anti-American derps just try...

They still have not fallen as low as those that support a President that has as little class as trump or a judge that has proven he us not fit to serve on the SC if for no other reason than his total loss if decorum in front of the committee of Senators deciding his future and before the whole world. To each their own.

Obviously, your extreme butt hurt, aka TDS precludes you from seeing what the rest of us see...
Better luck next time.

Don't forget to vote....:lol:

I saw no lesser of evils if you are talking the election. It is the rare Con these days that does not defend every thing no matter how disgusting the act or words. They used to but they rarely do so these days, it is the new America we have now.

Not everyone agrees with that assesment but regardless of the accusations his opening tirade proved to many that he does not belong on the SC.
He will get his job so in the end he won meaning victimhood is nothing if note. Kav and Trump won, the Nation and SC lost.
Wrong. It proved to people who already were doing everything in their power to keep him off the court that he didnt belong on the court. His reaction to the politics of personal destruction game played by the scumbag liberals on that panel was understandable and justified. The truth is, he gave them more respect than they deserved.

Obviously, your extreme butt hurt, aka TDS precludes you from seeing what the rest of us see...
Better luck next time.

Don't forget to vote....:lol:

I get the feeling that the dems are starting to figure out that their smear campaign didnt work. Prepare for more wailing and moaning and screaming at clouds

Wrong. It proved to people who already were doing everything in their power to keep him off the court that he didnt belong on the court. His reaction to the politics of personal destruction game played by the scumbag liberals on that panel was understandable and justified. The truth is, he gave them more respect than they deserved.

So much for an impartial SC Judge that rules strictly per the Constitution. The bar set by the Repubs gets lower and lower, I believe trump is doing everything but making America Great and everyone will end up paying the price including you.

Wrong, they knew they had no chance at stopping the Repubs, but they got Kav to Expose himself to the world. Live with that, and the results if the elections in 5 weeks.

I get the feeling that the dems are starting to figure out that their smear campaign didnt work. Prepare for more wailing and moaning and screaming at clouds

Geeze, we could have told them this beforehand, and saved them the embarrassment to our country. But would they listen... NO... it was all about Spartacus and Kamala mean bitch auditioning for president.

If Kavanaugh were to be on the bench he would have to recuse himself everytime a Democrat is involved.

Move along Trump. Nominate someone else.

Actually I think the democrats have to recuse themselves from appealing to the Supreme Court given their conspiracy to bring Kavanaugh down

He was attacked, harassed and smeared by democrats, not republicans, so naturally he directed his anger and disgust toward them.

It's the democrats who launched an unprovoked attack on Judge Kavanaugh and now you want to disqualify him for being indignant toward them in response? What a joke.

The democrats made their beds and now they are going to have to lie in them if he is confirmed.

Kavanaugh can look forward to Demcratic House investigations, an impeachment and if all that fails, his position being minimized by a court stacking.

Republicans will not be rewarded by seating Kavanaugh using this process.

Your op-ed author certainly has a right to their opinion, but should not the FBI investigation that the left begged for be the deciding opinion?

I dare anyone to sit in front of the entire nation and act as reserved as Kavanaugh after having their good name dragged through the mud. Only if one thinks the next SC justice should be an emotionless robot does the author of your smear piece have a justifiable point.

Brett Kavanaugh lied to the committee, repeatedly, under oath. There is absolutely no way he should be confirmed to the SCOTUS, even aside from the sexual assault allegations. He's a serial perjurer and has been since his previous appointment.

This is incontrovertible fact, and no amount of spin and bull**** from the wingnuts is going to change that. He lied numerous times under oath. Period. Discussion over. He doesn't get on the court.

The closet Kavanaugh will come to being in the Supreme Court is as a tourist.

:lamo

Oh yes...SCOTUS justices NEVER get involved in politics or lean...

God bless her...but dont pretend justices arent partisan...thats just...stupid.

Let's see what Thursday brings....I gotta figure that there is at least one more charge in the hopper.

1. This is foolish. He addressed particularly libelous charges that Democrats had disgustingly delved into.
2. However, I'm willing to trade. Kavanaugh withdraws is removed from so Trump can choose a replacement, along with Ginsburg, so Trump can choose a replacement there as well :)

No deal, but you're welcome to choose another for Kavanaugh

And just out of curiosity what was your opinion on him three months ago when Trump nominated him?

I wouldn't vote for any judge whose written opinions express that R v W was incorrectly decided, whose record favors corporations the vast majority of the time, who expressed a desire to expand presidential power such that he is de jure above the law, if that is what you mean.

But, three months ago I didn't have the opinion he lacked requisite judicial temperament to even be a judge. Nor did I of Gorsuch, though I didn't like him, either, I thought he was arrogant, elusive, evasive when asked direct questions.

However, if the man is flawed, severely flawed, and demonstrates on the hearing that he's not up to the job, then my opposition is cranked up to it's highest level. The law professor count (those who signed the doc asserting that Kavanaugh is not qualified for SCOTUS ) is now above 650, which is an extraordinary fact, a fact hitherto unseen in history for a nominee. These are not "school teachers", these are judicial scholars from every Ivy league institution there is, of every political persuasion.

If that doesn't tell you something, then nothing will.

Liberals whining about partisanship. Now thats funny.

Republicans not caring about incompetent judges, typical. Heck, Kavanaugh has never tried a case, from what I hear.

Her comments were ad hominem, to the man, NOT partisan, as Trump is neither a conservative nor a liberal.

She didn't accuse him of some conspiracy theory, there was no mention of party or anything partisan, she didn't blow off the handle in a sniveling whiney entitled rage, she wasn't accused of attempted rape or sexual misconduct, like Kavanaugh, and she sure as hell didn't do it during her senate hearing.

Moreover, she apologized for the comments. With a guy like Trump, I'll cut her some slack.

Your op-ed author certainly has a right to their opinion, but should not the FBI investigation that the left begged for be the deciding opinion?

It should be considered, but, the FBI wasn't allowed to do a complete investigation, there were scores of people who contacted the FBI willing to give testimony which the FBI didn't allow, per WH counsel instructions.

For me, the only thing to go on is what my eyes saw of him during the hearing, it was way below par for a judge, and now over 650 judicial scholars from every Ivy League instution have signed a petition that Kavanaugh step down.

1. Her comment was ad hominem, not partisan ( Trump is neither a lib or conservative )
2. She did it with poise.
3. She apologized.

And..

1. She didn't go into a whiney angry snively conspiracy theory rant ( like Kavanaugh )
2. She didn't blame anything on any party ( like Kavanaugh )
3. She has a high approval rate, and was voted in by 93% of the senate ( unlike Kavanaugh ).
4. She demonstrated judicial temperament required of a judge during her hearing for SCOTUS ( unlike Kavanaugh )

So much for an impartial SC Judge that rules strictly per the Constitution.
Why not be honest for once? You never wanted such a judge in the first place.
The bar set by the Repubs gets lower and lower, I believe trump is doing everything but making America Great and everyone will end up paying the price including you.
And what price is that?

Back
Top Bottom