• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Just to clear up the verse about stoning rape victims.

Viper said:
God never intended or commanded that rape victims be stoned. We are talking about two different participants here. One is a willing participant, the other is not. In the 26th verse, God compares rape to murder. We also have to look at the spirit or the heart of the law, compared to the letter of the law.

For instance, a woman that is betrothed to a man is already considered that man’s wife. When she is found with another man inside a city committing adultery she is just as guilty as the man. When it talks about her not crying (accusing) out it is saying that she is a willing participant. Notice in verse twenty-five, it specifically mentions the damsel being forced. It goes on to say in the following verses that only the man will be stoned because she wasn’t willing.

I find it absolutely amazing how believers will twist things around to justify what the bible says. The bible is full of contradictions from end to end.
The end result is that the bible preaches that it is OK to murder when it suits the purpose.

Old and wise said:
I find it absolutely amazing how believers will twist things around to justify what the bible says. The bible is full of contradictions from end to end.
The end result is that the bible preaches that it is OK to murder when it suits the purpose.
Well, I find it absolutely amazing you sit here and talk about its contradictions without actually listing any. In all seriousness, if you think there is a contradiction I'll be happy to address it.

Old and wise said:
well, you opened the floor, now show your proof. ill run circles aroun them if you post them. i ran circles around the last hundred i have been presented with. once you show the Bible at face value, you can then start to show the contradictions as misunderstandings.

Old and wise said:
Let me ask you something; Do you believe in God and the Holy Bible? If not then who has given you the power to accuse believers in twisting the Bible around? There is a fine line between murder and killing i.e. Murder is a sensless act of removing a certain living thing from existence & Killing is when you MUST harm another to survive or if they THEMSELVES have done something to deserve it and let me tell you something; back then women did not have as many rights as men had and yes maybe some people might have KILLED a woman if she were raped but it was humans who made that choice to KILL/MURDER that person just as it is humanity's choice to believe or not believe in a divine power. We as humans have no idea how this universe was created there are so many religions that say one thing and another says something different, we are the only one's who can make a decision in what we do or don't do. I myself am a FIRM believer in Jesus Christ and if you don't but hey whos to judge?

Back
Top Bottom