• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Judge delays enforcement of Alabama abortion law until 2014

There was no name calling any more than anyone calling me pro choice is name calling. :roll:

If you are pro choice, then why did you say this:

"Just to be clear, as well, I never argued that all fetuses successfully develop into the fullness of human beings yet I'd defy you to point out an occasion where a fetus developed into something that was not human. As for your argument that humans make these kinds of decisions all the time, I would simply point out that there was a time in your country when the same voices of authority adjudged that blacks weren't fully human nor did they have the rights other humans had. There was a time when such blacks could be easily disposed of. In that case, saner more decent heads prevailed over time and it could very well be that saner more decent heads will prevail in the abortion issue as well."

That seems to be saying you want abortion to be made illegal.

I think what I said was pretty clear - I'm pro-choice but I don't support abortion when it's a lifestyle choice rather than a choice related to the physical and/or mental health of the woman or her child.

The parts of my above comment you highlighted simply note that over time various humans have been considered less than human by other humans, black slaves in the early days of America being an example. There may come a time when your view of human life no longer is the prevalent view and those who make and uphold laws may come to the conclusion that all stages of human life should be protected. I don't want abortion to be illegal, for the reasons I gave above. That doesn't mean that I want abortion to remain the way it is either. But as it stands now, I support any woman's right to choose her own path in life but my support of her ability to choose doesn't translate into my support for her choice. It's really quite simple.

Last edited:
I think what I said was pretty clear - I'm pro-choice but I don't support abortion when it's a lifestyle choice rather than a physical and/or mental choice related to the health of the woman or her child.

The parts of my above comment you highlighted simply note that over time various humans have been considered less than human by other humans, black slaves in the early days of America being an example. There may come a time when your view of human life no longer is the prevalent view and those who make and uphold laws may come to the conclusion that all stages of human life should be protected. I don't want abortion to be illegal, for the reasons I gave above. That doesn't mean that I want abortion to remain the way it is either. But as it stands now, I support any woman's right to choose her own path in life but my support of her ability to choose doesn't translate in my support for her choice. It's really quite simple.

I think that is how most people are but that option is never quite allowed to be considered by the Pro-Abortion on Demand Even If It Is Half-Way Through Child Birth Crowd.

Back
Top Bottom