• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Journalists Targeted While Covering Protests: 328 Press Freedom Violations And Counting

I didn't say anything about people's ability to assembly and protest

lol

I wasn't advocating anything, I was just using the standard right-wing line regarding the lockdowns and masks

lol

Sure you were

lol

I never said people couldn't, regardless of position. I merely stated that protesting wearing a mask and protesting the State killing someone are on different levels.

lol

You know it was not just about wearing a mask right? I’ve never thought you were an idiot. It was about the right to work and go to church. I mean, do you not support someone’s right to worship Mr. 1st Amendment champion?

And if you think I was advocating Trumpeteer deaths, then that means you believe masks and the lockdown were beneficial. So why would you protest a beneficial act?

lol

Keep spinning though, it's pretty funny.

In all sincerity, I’m glad you’re enjoying it. I am too. No sarcasm. I needed someone committed fully to lefty double standards to exercise some demons and you have fit the bill nicely. :mrgreen:

Regarding the virus, I believe masks and social distancing useful but no, I don’t think the lockdowns were/are necessary and I think the sudden support for people gathering in huge crowds has pretty much proven that.

You know it was not just about wearing a mask right? I’ve never thought you were an idiot. It was about the right to work and go to church. I mean, do you not support someone’s right to worship Mr. 1st Amendment champion?

In all sincerity, I’m glad you’re enjoying it. I am too. No sarcasm. I needed someone committed fully to lefty double standards to exercise some demons and you have fit the bill nicely. :mrgreen:

Regarding the virus, I believe masks and social distancing useful but no, I don’t think the lockdowns were/are necessary and I think the sudden support for people gathering in huge crowds has pretty much proven that.

we'll see what happens with Covid cases due to the protests. The lock-downs are all lifting, and have been for awhile. The point was to flatten the curve and get to a point where hospitals can deal with the cases properly. We have over 111K dead in a matter of 4 months, so something had to be done. More than just starting fights with governors.

People were able to listen to mass during the shutdown, and now churches are opening back up as well. Nothing happened to expression of religion.

The current unrest was caused by the State killing someone in their custody. You don't support that, do you conservative?

There was no "lefty double standard" on my side. I never said people couldn't protest wearing a mask. Just that it's not on the same level as State power used to kill a citizen. I'd like to think people could be honest enough to admit that masks and death are quite different.

lol

we'll see what happens with Covid cases due to the protests. The lock-downs are all lifting, and have been for awhile. The point was to flatten the curve and get to a point where hospitals can deal with the cases properly. We have over 111K dead in a matter of 4 months, so something had to be done. More than just starting fights with governors.

People were able to listen to mass during the shutdown, and now churches are opening back up as well.

Yeah, no thanks to people like you. That I do mean in all seriousness. If righties weren’t the ones pressing it, you’d be content with churches being closed indefinitely. It is interesting that you’re talking about states reopening as if, now, it’s a good thing because you like the cover it provides for mass anti cop protests.

Nothing happened to expression of religion.

It’s actually not up to you do decide the “expression of religion” people should be content with.

The current unrest was caused by the State killing someone in their custody. You don't support that, do you conservative?

I absolutely don’t agree with what happened to George Floyd and have said so since the start.

There was no "lefty double standard" on my side. I never said people couldn't protest wearing a mask. Just that it's not on the same level as State power used to kill a citizen. I'd like to think people could be honest enough to admit that masks and death are quite different.

lol

Right, no double standard. You have shown such an equal advocacy for all people who want to protest and assemble. Lol.

Yeah, no thanks to people like you. That I do mean in all seriousness. If righties weren’t the ones pressing it, you’d be content with churches being closed indefinitely. It is interesting that you’re talking about states reopening as if, now, it’s a good thing because you like the cover it provides for mass anti cop protests.

Well that's a lie. But I guess lying is the Trumpeteer basis for arguments?

lol

It’s actually not up to you do decide the “expression of religion” people should be content with.

Nominally, but there's a limit of course. If your exercise of religion endangers others, the others do get a say; for instance.

I absolutely don’t agree with what happened to George Floyd and have said so since the start.

Right, no double standard. You have shown such an equal advocacy for all people who want to protest and assemble. Lol.

Well that's good. You seem a bit upset over the protests though.

I have shown equal advocacy, I never said anyone shouldn't do it. I even endorsed Trump having rallies, lol. I don't have to agree with them, or think that one protest is equal to another. That's stupid. But I never said they shouldn't be allowed to do it.

And that’s what it comes down to for liberals, as long as it’s a message you support, you’re all about free speech. Your fidelity to lefty hypocrisy is impressive.

Going without a mask is more important than public health is what you are saying.

Attending a church service when there is a highly infectious virus in the population is more important than the health of your fellow worshipper is what you are saying.

and you are ranting about "lefty hypocrisy" simply because your Lord and Master is telling you and other gullible persons what to believe and what not to believe.

Well that's a lie. But I guess lying is the Trumpeteer basis for arguments?

lol

Ok then, show me where you advocated churches reopening.

Nominally, but there's a limit of course. If your exercise of religion endangers others, the others do get a say; for instance.

Right, yet oddly you haven’t made that claim when it’s about rioting, looting and assaulting cops because those rights don’t stop at someone else’s nose, but yeah, permitting people back in church better be carefully controlled.

Well that's good. You seem a bit upset over the protests though.

I have shown equal advocacy, I never said anyone shouldn't do it. I even endorsed Trump having rallies, lol. I don't have to agree with them, or think that one protest is equal to another. That's stupid. But I never said they shouldn't be allowed to do it.

I know. You blast legit peaceful protest while advocating for the violent one but naw,no double standards. Lol.

Ok then, show me where you advocated churches reopening.

Right, yet oddly you haven’t made that claim when it’s about rioting, looting and assaulting cops because those rights don’t stop at someone else’s nose, but yeah, permitting people back in church better be carefully controlled.

I know. You blast legit peaceful protest while advocating for the violent one but naw,no double standards. Lol.

I've long stated that the reopenings were necessary and good.

I have never, however, excused rioting, looting, or assaults. So that's another lie. Can you make an argument without lying?

lol

Going without a mask is more important than public health is what you are saying.

Attending a church service when there is a highly infectious virus in the population is more important than the health of your fellow worshipper is what you are saying.

and you are ranting about "lefty hypocrisy" simply because your Lord and Master is telling you and other gullible persons what to believe and what not to believe.

When you show concern for public health when it involves rioting and looting that’s happening during “a highly infectious virus” you may have some credibility. Until then...

I've long stated that the reopenings were necessary and good.

I have never, however, excused rioting, looting, or assaults. So that's another lie. Can you make an argument without lying?

lol

Have you condemned them the same way you condemned peaceful protests?

Have you condemned them the same way you condemned peaceful protests?

I have indeed condemned the looting, rioting, and assaults. It may be hard for partisans to understand, but I'm rather consistent.

I have indeed condemned the looting, rioting, and assaults. It may be hard for partisans to understand, but I'm rather consistent.

Ok, Mr. Consistency, have you ever suggested current protestors actually do not have the right to risk further spread of the virus the way you just did church goers?

Ok, Mr. Consistency, have you ever suggested current protestors actually do not have the right to risk further spread of the virus the way you just did church goers?

I didn't say Church goers didn't have the right. Merely that they were being stupid. Most churches still held service through the internet, though. They were reasonable and responsible. The right to express religious beliefs didn't go away. There's real concern with the current protests that there will be a new wave of Covid because of it, it's reckless. But if you want to look at real abuse of Government force, look no further than a cop kneeling on someone til they're dead. By comparison, having to face time a few services seems rather weak.

I didn't say Church goers didn't have the right. Merely that they were being stupid. Most churches still held service through the internet, though. They were reasonable and responsible. The right to express religious beliefs didn't go away. There's real concern with the current protests that there will be a new wave of Covid because of it, it's reckless. But if you want to look at real abuse of Government force, look no further than a cop kneeling on someone til they're dead. By comparison, having to face time a few services seems rather weak.

Lol. Funny how you, Mr. Consistency, think there’s nothing “stupid” about gathering in mass protest now but wanting to gather for church surely would have been. BTW, going to church was as much about assembly as the practice of religion and something you supposedly support equally for everyone.

Lol. Funny how you, Mr. Consistency, think there’s nothing “stupid” about gathering in mass protest now but wanting to gather for church surely would have been. Do you find the opening of churches “stupid” or not now?

I think it's reckless, as I said already. But it's understandable to protest Government agents killing a man in the street. I have liked the way Colorado has handled the re-openings, including the Churches. It allows for in-person mass while maintaining social distancing. I don't think there was anything stupid about the reopenings, when done right. It had to happen, appropriate plans and levels were introduced to get things going, and then to support further openings if numbers didn't spike back up. What's wrong with that?

lol

Are you getting upset because you have to change your argument depending on whether or not an R or a D did something?

lol

I didn't say Church goers didn't have the right.

Oh and you didn’t? Why did you say others should have a “say” in whether church services were allowed to happen or not?

I think it's reckless, as I said already. But it's understandable to protest Government agents killing a man in the street. I have liked the way Colorado has handled the re-openings, including the Churches. It allows for in-person mass while maintaining social distancing. I don't think there was anything stupid about the reopenings, when done right. It had to happen, appropriate plans and levels were introduced to get things going, and then to support further openings if numbers didn't spike back up. What's wrong with that?

lol

Are you getting upset because you have to change your argument depending on whether or not an R or a D did something?

lol

Still exercising those demons, Mr. Consistency. Do you think it’s stupid and “weak” for people to even want to return to church, afterall, there’s still FaceTime, which according to you, is plenty good enough.

Oh and you didn’t? Why did you say others should have a “say” in whether church services were allowed to happen or not?

It depends on the affects it has on the rest of society. Generally, so long as they aren't infringing upon the rights of others, I don't really care. If they're behaving in a manner that does put others at risk, then it becomes concern of the larger People. It's really not hard. But I'm not going to pretend that needing to watch service on Facebook is as outrageous as Government agents killing people without due cause. I mean, one is a zoom call...the other someone is dead.

It depends on the affects it has on the rest of society.
Well, unless it’s from a protest you agree with, then **** society. Certainly nothing in these mass protests have had any detrimental effects on anybody.

Generally, so long as they aren't infringing upon the rights of others, I don't really care. If they're behaving in a manner that does put others at risk, then it becomes concern of the larger People. It's really not hard. But I'm not going to pretend that needing to watch service on Facebook is as outrageous as Government agents killing people without due cause. I mean, one is a zoom call...the other someone is dead.

I see, so as long as Zoom’s around, we cannot count on your support for people wanting to return to church.

Last edited:
Well, unless it’s from a protest you agree with, then **** society.

I see, so as long as Zoom’s around, we cannot count on your support for people wanting to return to church.

Never said that, you really like using lies to try to push an argument, huh?

Never said that, you really like using lies to try to push an argument, huh?

Right, in the same way you never suggested wanting people at Trump rallies to die from Covid. Now, do I think you meant it? Probably not, but denying what you meant isn’t exactly honest, so hi Pot, I’m Kettle.

Yeah, rubber bullets and tear gas aren’t going to skip over you because you’re press. What’s the argument here? Police shouldn’t disperse violent crowds because there might be a reporter somewhere in the crowd?

Of course it's the violent crowds bringing it on themselves. So why did the cops slash all those tires? The truth is the very, very, vast majority of the protesters are non violent. However the right will take some of the incidents of the first few nights and paint the whole scenario as violent thugs out burning and looting businesses every night. Far from the truth but hey, feel free to keep telling each other what you wish.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course it's the violent crowds bringing it on themselves. So why did the cops slash all those tires? The truth is the very, very, vast majority of the protesters are non violent. However the right will take some of the incidents of the first few nights and paint the whole scenario as violent thugs out burning and looting businesses every night. Far from the truth but hey, feel free to keep telling each other what you wish.

The problem is that there have way too many people on your side excusing and justifying the violent ones.

Back
Top Bottom