• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jon Stewart benefited by 829% ‘overvalue’ of his NYC home even as he labels Trump’s civil case ‘not victimless’

PoS

Minister of Love
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian

In 2014, Stewart sold his 6,280-square-foot Tribeca duplex to financier Parag Pande for $17.5 million. The property’s asking price at that time is not available in listing records.

But according to 2013-2014 assessor records obtained by The Post, the property had the estimated market-value at only $1.882 million.

The actual assessor valuation was even lower, at $847,174.

Records also show that Stewart paid significantly lower property taxes, which were calculated based on that assessor valuation price — precisely what he called Trump out for doing in his Monday monologue.
LOL the usual lib hypocrisy. If Trump got taken to court then so should Jon Stewart, but since he's a lib we know thats not gonna happen. Rules for thee but not for me.

LOL the usual lib hypocrisy. If Trump got taken to court then so should Jon Stewart, but since he's a lib we know thats not gonna happen. Rules for thee but not for me.

It’s unlikely that anyone (other than Trump or other threat to demorat power) would be found to be liable under the ridiculous allegation that they ‘unlawfully’ overvalued their real estate.

Jon Stewart benefited by 829% ‘overvalue’ of his NYC home even as he labels Trump’s civil case ‘not victimless’

Good for Jon! Woo Hoo!

Show me where it states that Stewart misrepresented the value of his property? It was tax assessed for X and he sold it for Y. Where did he purfusully misrepresent the attributes and value of his for lone purposes?

I think the Tish James prosecution, and specifically the penalty, to be unseemly and wrong….

But this with Stewart is not remotely like what Trump was sued for, other than both involve properties valued in varying ways

Did you not understand what Trump went to court for? Or do you just not have any clue what the difference is between a loan using a property as collateral and selling a property?

I can give you some examples if you need it.

Where is the hypocrisy? If Stewart is guilty of anything it's being a good salesman. Trump lied about his property to banks and on his taxes.

It’s unlikely that anyone (other than Trump or other threat to demorat power) would be found to be liable under the ridiculous allegation that they ‘unlawfully’ overvalued their real estate.
That's not what Trump did he said his penthouse was 30K square feet when it was only 10K. Did Stewart tell the buyer his home was 20K Sq feet instead of 7K ?

No one who is not a MAGAn will fall for this bullshit. If you sell property for more than it appraises for, there is absolutely nothing illegal, immoral, or unethical about it. Sure if you try to finance the purchase of a property you will likely have a hard time getting a loan, but that's about it.

This is apples to watermelons. Sorry you got duped.

Where were the real estate dogs of war when Jon Stewart was price gouged in 2005 when he bought that overvalued property for $5.8 million?

Last edited:
Trump committed fraud. Stewart did not.
“Fraud” has a loose meaning these days. Is it “fraud” to represent that a property is worth far in excess of its appraised value while only paying taxes on the lower appraised amount? If so, Stewart is just as guilty.

In 2014, Stewart sold his 6,280-square-foot Tribeca duplex to financier Parag Pande for $17.5 million. The property’s asking price at that time is not available in listing records.

But according to 2013-2014 assessor records obtained by The Post, the property had the estimated market-value at only $1.882 million.

The actual assessor valuation was even lower, at $847,174.
Engoron would call that an overvaluation of "at least 1965.69%"

Back
Top Bottom