• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

John Fetterman Responds To Donald Trump's Allegations

donhughesmusic

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

Wow... this was Trump's quote:

"Fetterman supports taxpayer-funded drug dens and the complete decriminalization of illegal drugs, including heroin, cocaine, crystal meth, and ultra lethal fentanyl," Trump said. "By the way, he takes them himself."

So now Trump is accusing people of being drug users, WITH ZERO EVIDENCE!

Could Fetterman win a defamation lawsuit?

Let's see the Trump supporters defend this one now. Should be entertaining.

Fetterman should point to JR's nose.

"Fetterman supports taxpayer-funded drug dens and the complete decriminalization of illegal drugs, including heroin, cocaine, crystal meth, and ultra lethal fentanyl," Trump said. "By the way, he takes them himself."

What else would you ever expect from Trump?

All he ever does is lie.

Where I Fetterman and was asked for a response to the allegations. I would look hard into the lens, and "Say IT'S DONALD TRUMP!" and walk away

Even the people he's talking to know it's bullshit, they love it because even not true it confirms their bias. That's it

So, I would say no more and let his record the times he has told the truth speak the truth through silence. He's NEVER told the truth, even the shit that may have some basis in fact but it's always exaggerated.

Let that stand as THE TRUTH

I think Fetterman should sue Trump. Absolutely. It’s past time for another public figure subjected to Trump’s outrageous, scurrilous dishonest attacks to hold him to account in a courtroom.

I think Fetterman should sue Trump. Absolutely. It’s past time for another public figure subjected to Trump’s outrageous, scurrilous dishonest attacks to hold him to account in a courtroom.

That'd be very hard for him to do, because he's a public figure, and stuff like defamation is very hard to prove when it comes to public figures. But it does happen on occasion. IIRC, Melania Trump successfully won a defamation lawsuit not too long ago.

That'd be very hard for him to do, because he's a public figure, and stuff like defamation is very hard to prove when it comes to public figures. But it does happen on occasion. IIRC, Melania Trump successfully won a defamation lawsuit not too long ago.
I think it'd be a fun lawsuit to watch. Trump is already having issues finding defense lawyers. Who would he get for this one?

Statements that automatically qualify as defamation per se have traditionally fit into the following four categories:

1. Accusing someone of a serious criminal offense.
  2. Accusing someone of having an infectious disease.
  3. Accusing someone of conduct incompatible with the person’s business, trade, position or office.
  4. Accusing a woman of a lack of chastity.
Link

You’re right about the difficulty in suing a public figure. I understand that, and considered it before posting.

I also considered whether it would be a bad idea, politically, for Fetterman to launch a lawsuit on the former president that is still popular among many Pennsylvanians.

Setting the second issue aside for now, the comments that Trump made clearly, to this layperson, meet the basic standards involved in a defamation lawsuit.

Elements​

To prove prima facie defamation, a plaintiff must show four things: 1) a false statement purporting to be fact; 2) publication or communication of that statement to a third person; 3) fault amounting to at least negligence; and 4) damages, or some harm caused to the reputation of the person or entity who is the subject of the statement.

Wonder if Cruz could win defamation suit for trump calling his wife ugly? Probably not as truth is a winning defense against defamation.:)

It would be so easy to accuse DJT and his family with using hard drugs, but better folks work harder to stay out of the gutter.

Where I Fetterman and was asked for a response to the allegations. I would look hard into the lens, and "Say IT'S DONALD TRUMP!" and walk away

Even the people he's talking to know it's bullshit, they love it because even not true it confirms their bias. That's it

So, I would say no more and let his record the times he has told the truth speak the truth through silence. He's NEVER told the truth, even the shit that may have some basis in fact but it's always exaggerated.

Let that stand as THE TRUTH

I think that would be an effective technique.

When confronted with nonsense, it's rarely a good idea to join in!

Until MAGAts are ready to see Trump's questionable behavior as a pattern they'll always give him a pass.

You’re right about the difficulty in suing a public figure. I understand that, and considered it before posting.

I also considered whether it would be a bad idea, politically, for Fetterman to launch a lawsuit on the former president that is still popular among many Pennsylvanians.

Setting the second issue aside for now, the comments that Trump made clearly, to this layperson, meet the basic standards involved in a defamation lawsuit.

Elements​

To prove prima facie defamation, a plaintiff must show four things: 1) a false statement purporting to be fact; 2) publication or communication of that statement to a third person; 3) fault amounting to at least negligence; and 4) damages, or some harm caused to the reputation of the person or entity who is the subject of the statement.
Doesn't matter if there's actual damages or if he's a public figure if it's defamation/libel per se.

An offshoot of what a former Canadian Prime Minister used to do. He would reduce the trivial to the point of absurdity and walk away.

However, he had a nasty (at times) disposition as once asked if he would send troops into Quebec during the FLQ crisis said "....just watch me."

Pierre Trudeau of course.

Last edited:

The Republican former President of the United States accusing someone he doesn't even know of being a drug addict.

Eisenhower is rolling in his grave.

Back
Top Bottom