• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Joe’s Fearsome Weapon Against Trump: Simple Decency

So, it's your view that the president is placing obstacles in the way of medical research as it relates to this virus? Seriously?
Get back to me when you have a legit argument.

I myself think 'decency' is a powerful message.

I hope at least half the voter base is decent enough to allow it to prevail! <-- see what I did there

The democrats want Republicans who are “decent” like Mitt Romney and John McCain. They were “Democrat decent” and lost, costing the US billions in stolen tech, thousands of factories and good paying jobs, and trillions in lost opportunities. “Decent” men don’t stand up to democrats and challenge their captive media, they just lay down and “lose with honor”.

Spare me the self righteousness.

So, it's your view that the president is placing obstacles in the way of medical research as it relates to this virus? Seriously?

Get back to me when you have a legit argument.

Again, is it yiur position that the president is putting obstacles in the path of medical reaserch relative to the coronavirus? Can you answer that or are you doing to swerve away?

Simple decency, what a good way to put it. I'm so tired of having a president who throws temper tantrums, calls others names like a spoiled four year old brat who's parents forgot to teach him any manners. His very unpresidential behavior, his fourth grade schoolyard bullying tactics. What a refreshing idea of having a president who actually behaves and acts like a president.

The way I look at this is we have an adult vs. the man-child. Policy, political ideology, have taken a backseat in this election. Having a president with a decent personality has become the most important, number one item on my list of who I'll be voting for.
I think even besides the pandemic, this might be Joe's greatest argument.

Remember long ago, when I said I believe many Americans are tired of waking-up every day to a President hurling insults at his fellow citizens? Well, we're going to put that to the test!

Biden's speech was dull and delivered in a very monotonous manner. It was only considered good because the expectations were so low to start with. Simply not losing track of where he was and what he was doing was considered a rousing victory.

Whether it was dull is a matter of opinion. I thought it was moving. What's not opinion was that it was factual, honest, didn't devolve into namecalling and was spoken in full sentences -- in sharp contrast to Trump -- whose speeches are typically infested with lies, call people schoolboy names, and are rambling word-salad. More importantly, as Frank Bruni writes:

"Let’s be honest. One of the big questions attending Joe Biden’s big speech at the Democratic National Convention was whether he still had enough gas and enough grip to get to the end of it without losing velocity or swerving this way and that.

He did. He absolutely did. Is he in the fleetest, shiniest, nimblest form of his very long career? No. And Donald Trump — no Ferrari himself — is constantly trying to exploit that.

But as I watched Biden, 77, on Thursday night, I kept thinking that there’s another way to look at all the miles on his odometer and the unusually long road that he traveled to his party’s presidential nomination, which he first sought, disastrously, more than three decades ago.

He’s a paragon of stamina and stubborn optimism for a country that desperately needs one. In a period of great pain, he’s a crucial lesson in perseverance."

Grown Man versus 12yo whiny baby

Let's watch and see who the strong, independent Southern males vote for.

What's great about Joe's play here is that the average Trumper completely fails to get it. Those people are that far gone.
Great? Not at all. It would be 'great' if they did (get it)!

The democrats want Republicans who are “decent” like Mitt Romney and John McCain. They were “Democrat decent” and lost, costing the US billions in stolen tech, thousands of factories and good paying jobs, and trillions in lost opportunities. “Decent” men don’t stand up to democrats and challenge their captive media, they just lay down and “lose with honor”.

I simply can't believe what I'm reading. What you are saying is that in order to beat Democrats, Republicans can't be decent people. They have to be swindling, lying thieves, who partner with foreign adversaries (and promise them who knows what), who keep legitimate voters from voting.

You heard it here. Welcome to Trump's Republican Party!

I simply can't believe what I'm reading. What you are saying is that in order to beat Democrats, Republicans can't be decent people. They have to be swindling, lying thieves, who partner with foreign adversaries (and promise them who knows what), who keep legitimate voters from voting.

Decency can be defined by allowing businesses to reopen and get people back to work so they can support their family. Start educating our youth again too. Those are decent things to do.

When ya got nothing else you use what they think you got if they think it'll help as long as you can keep faking it.

The wisdom of bubba: If somebody writes an article about how Biden is decent and thus better than Trump on yet another metric, that proves that nobody anywhere has anything else.

Hackish idiocy.

Last edited:
A choreographed moment to sway the gullible. Apparently, it worked on at least one supporter

The reality is that Biden's a mean, crude, crass and temperamental light-weight. He got aggressive and combative during the primaries. He insulted people who were there to see and support him.

Oh, the irony...

Decency can be defined by allowing businesses to reopen and get people back to work so they can support their family. Start educating our youth again too. Those are decent things to do.
That's a far cry from personal decency.

On your argument, is it more decent to reopen business prematurely (which Trump & Co. were advocating) knowing that people would die of Covid-19, just so that you can sit in your favorite bar -- or, is it more decent to wait out the pandemic trying to preserve as many lives as possible? The real reason, of course, was that Trump couldn't give a shid about who dies. He just wanted to dial the clock back to January when he could run a campaign on only the economy.

On the general issue of the pandemic, many states did take advice and reopen before the time medical experts said it was safe. This was a clear illustration of the delusions and magical thinking that have marked every step of the Trump administration’s response to Covid-19, producing an epic policy disaster.

Put it this way: By now, according to Trump officials and sycophants, we were supposed to be seeing a fading pandemic and a roaring recovery. Instead, we have a fading recovery and a roaring pandemic.

Are you sure you're not viewing this through a political lens?

Joe literally told a questioner he was fat. And told an auto plant worker he was full of s---.

I can't believe anyone would equate Biden with "decency".

Even most Republicans, in their private moments, when they are not frightened and intimidated by their deplorable terrorist base, would.

“If you can’t admire Joe Biden as a person, you got a problem. You need to do some self evaluation. Because what’s not to like?.... He is THE nicest person I have ever met. “
-Lindsey Graham

ahah, Romney and McCain lost because they faced Obama.

Your fat orange turd of a president would have lost to Obama too, make no mistake.

Man, I shutter to think what dreg of society they nominate in 2024. It will probably be someone who makes Trump himself look tame.

That party is f'ed.

I actually thought that was a pretty good exchange, to be honest.

I'm beginning to think that people's view of "decency" is based on very little else but their own political beliefs.

If people see their own candidate cuss out someone from the opposing party, it's viewed as decent.

Oh, the irony...

They’ve changed tack. For weeks and weeks it was Biden is senile, can’t string 2 sentences together, should be in a home, etc. Now everyone has seen Biden out and about, riding bikes, making speeches and looking presidential. So instead he’s this sinister asshole who can’t keep a civil tongue in his head. This a pretty terrible strategy as Biden is running against Trump, a man with the worst character in America.

A choreographed moment to sway the gullible. Apparently, it worked on at least one supporter

The reality is that Biden's a mean, crude, crass and temperamental light-weight. He got aggressive and combative during the primaries. He insulted people who were there to see and support him.

Doesn't it get boring accusing everyone else of what Trump is guilty of?

Whether it was dull is a matter of opinion. I thought it was moving. What's not opinion was that it was factual, honest, didn't devolve into namecalling and was spoken in full sentences -- in sharp contrast to Trump -- whose speeches are typically infested with lies, call people schoolboy names, and are rambling word-salad. More importantly, as Frank Bruni writes:

"Let’s be honest. One of the big questions attending Joe Biden’s big speech at the Democratic National Convention was whether he still had enough gas and enough grip to get to the end of it without losing velocity or swerving this way and that.

He did. He absolutely did. Is he in the fleetest, shiniest, nimblest form of his very long career? No. And Donald Trump — no Ferrari himself — is constantly trying to exploit that.

But as I watched Biden, 77, on Thursday night, I kept thinking that there’s another way to look at all the miles on his odometer and the unusually long road that he traveled to his party’s presidential nomination, which he first sought, disastrously, more than three decades ago.

He’s a paragon of stamina and stubborn optimism for a country that desperately needs one. In a period of great pain, he’s a crucial lesson in perseverance."
The only way his speech could be portrayed as moving or rousing is if it was judged based on the expectations which were very low.

Man, I shutter to think what dreg of society they nominate in 2024. It will probably be someone who makes Trump himself look tame.

That party is f'ed.

Or if they win in Nov., we are.

My young son said in 2016, "if Hillary wins, she'll be the first woman president but if Trump wins, he'll be the last president." I fear he may be right. Mary Trump thinks so.

They’ve changed tack. For weeks and weeks it was Biden is senile, can’t string 2 sentences together, should be in a home, etc. Now everyone has seen Biden out and about, riding bikes, making speeches and looking presidential. So instead he’s this sinister asshole who can’t keep a civil tongue in his head. This a pretty terrible strategy as Biden is running against Trump, a man with the worst character in America.

They can't pin point anything on Biden, it's hilarious.

The latest is Biden is a puppet for "the radical left" who wants to abolish the police and suburbs and "destroy god", but yet at the same time because of the "1994 CRIME BILL!" and Harris as his VP, he's going to lock everyone up, especially black people, because apparently only black people commit crimes.

You can't make this **** up folks.

Or if they win in Nov., we are.

My young son said in 2016, "if Hillary wins, she'll be the first woman president but if Trump wins, he'll be the last president." I fear he may be right. Mary Trump thinks so.

I don't know about the last president...but the entire country is screwed if he wins again, absolutely.

That's a far cry from personal decency.

On your argument, is it more decent to reopen business prematurely (which Trump & Co. were advocating) knowing that people would die of Covid-19, just so that you can sit in your favorite bar -- or, is it more decent to wait out the pandemic trying to preserve as many lives as possible? The real reason, of course, was that Trump couldn't give a shid about who dies. He just wanted to dial the clock back to January when he could run a campaign on only the economy.

On the general issue of the pandemic, many states did take advice and reopen before the time medical experts said it was safe. This was a clear illustration of the delusions and magical thinking that have marked every step of the Trump administration’s response to Covid-19, producing an epic policy disaster.

Put it this way: By now, according to Trump officials and sycophants, we were supposed to be seeing a fading pandemic and a roaring recovery. Instead, we have a fading recovery and a roaring pandemic.

How is it not decency to allow people getting their life back to some form of normalcy and supporting their family? How is it considered decent to stop educating out youth? How is it considered decent to destroy count mess small businesses?

Symbolism over substance is not a demonstration of decency.

Back
Top Bottom