• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jewish Voice For Peace Celebrate BDS "Victory"

LOLOLOLOL
Here's another Jew.

By
David Bernstein
Contributor, The Volokh Conspiracy

Back in 2008, I wrote the following:
I find anti-Israel blogger Philip Weiss morbidly interesting, and I occasionally happen upon his blog. Weiss finds his own Jewish background alternately suffocating and infuriating, and yet can’t seem to stop talking about it, and about how he’s trying to overcome it. [Recent example: “My experience of Jewish life is that it’s elite-oriented. We cared deeply about prestige (yiches, in Yiddish) and excellence in my family, and I came to find those values suffocating…. The contempt for peasants is something I always found concerning in my own cultural background, that I seek to reform in my own Jewish experience.”] If a Woody Allen character ever became an anti-Zionist polemicist, he would be a lot like Philip Weiss.
I’ve made an occasional reference to Weiss or the blog he founded, Mondoweiss, since then. Mondweiss is basically one-stop shopping for anti-Israel news. Anything bad that goes on in Israel will be publicized and exaggerated at Mondoweiss. If you want to know the far-left anti-Israel party line on any recent event, Mondoweiss is the place to go.

Again, in a world where Western news sources censor wrongdoings committed by Israel and its supporters, its important to have at least one news website that goes against the grain, in order to present those stories. If Philip Weiss wasn't Jewish, his site would be rubber stamped as 'Neo Nazi antisemitism' by the intellectually dishonest. But Weiss is a Jew with a conscience, so he's scorned by Jews for having a conscience, and expressing it. Most of you hyper partisans from the Zionist movement would rather talk about Jewish ghettos in Poland from the 1930s, rather than the Palestinian ghettos that Jews put them into. Zionists are still demanding our sympathies for what occurred 90 years ago now. Get a ****ing clue.

Last edited:
~........................ would rather talk about Jewish ghettos in Poland from the 1930s, rather than the Palestinian ghettos that Jews put them into. Zionists are still demanding our sympathies for what occurred 90 years ago now. Get a ****ing clue.
Quite apart from numerous Western news outlets having reported most impartially on the I/P conflict and the abysmal consequences of actions of both sides, you have to exacerbate that lying claim of there being no such news outlet by putting Jewish ghettos in Poland into the 1930s.

The only ghettos in Poland were those imposed by the Nazis and that didn't happen til 1940. So, not 90 years ago as you dishonestly state, but 80.

And comparing the conditions there to those under which today's Palestinians live is your usual method of despicable posting of lies.

But you're not succeeding in your Nazi apologetic quest of getting people to stop talking about the Jewish ghettos, simply because your reputation of fascist-worshiping Jew-hater has long since robbed you and whatever you post of any credibility altogether.

So, as usual, you just made it up.

Colonization (or colonisation) is a process by which a central system of power dominates the surrounding land and its components. Colonization refers strictly to migration, for example, to settler colonies in America or Australia, trading posts, and plantations, while colonialism to the existing indigenous peoples of styled "new territories". Colonization was linked to the spread of tens of millions from Western European states all over the world. In many settled colonies, Western European settlers eventually formed a large majority of the population after killing or driving away indigenous peoples. Examples include the Americas, Australia and New Zealand.

As it turns out, Eastern Europeans have been the colonizers of the 20th & 21st century.

Colonization - Wikipedia

Again, in a world where Western news sources censor wrongdoings committed by Israel and its supporters, its important to have at least one news website that goes against the grain, in order to present those stories. If Philip Weiss wasn't Jewish, his site would be rubber stamped as 'Neo Nazi antisemitism' by the intellectually dishonest. But Weiss is a Jew with a conscience, so he's scorned by Jews for having a conscience, and expressing it. Most of you hyper partisans from the Zionist movement would rather talk about Jewish ghettos in Poland from the 1930s, rather than the Palestinian ghettos that Jews put them into. Zionists are still demanding our sympathies for what occurred 90 years ago now. Get a ****ing clue.

Poor TAAC.....

Jew have issues.

So ... you endorse Philip Weiss and Mondoweiss as an accurate source of information?

OneWorld, I think that’s check mate on your source...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So ... you endorse Philip Weiss and Mondoweiss as an accurate source of information?

I endorse Philip Weiss' right to run his website how he sees fit, without being inundated with stupid, knuckle dragging accusations of 'he'z justa self-hatin' jew , not a proud jew who lusts after other people's property like us!'.

I endorse Philip Weiss' right to run his website how he sees fit, without being inundated with stupid, knuckle dragging accusations of 'he'z justa self-hatin' jew , not a proud jew who lusts after other people's property like us!'.

You are just full of antisemitic stereotypes.... Aren't you?

The story about Microsoft and AnyVision isn't fictional. The fiction is the aspect of Israel using AnyVision's product immorally or criminally. That unfortunately for you did not happen.
You pushing that fiction is what required you to hide information deliberately so to deny reality and push your fictional tale. As usual.

Regarding the antisemitic hatesite, it was already addressed.
They did not quote the key statement about Microsoft not finding anything wrong in the way it was used. The part that comes right after the statement you placed in a quotation box.

There are many holes in your argument and you have not answerered critical questions about them.

If everything was okay why did Microsoft pull out of the deal ?

From the statement

" By making a global change to its investment policies to end minority investments in companies that sell facial recognition technology, Microsoft’s focus has shifted to commercial relationships that afford Microsoft greater oversight and control over the use of sensitive technologies."

Couple that with the other wording about the review being " limited " by " legal restrictions " and disclosure of " sensitive material " and anyone with any sense will be able to put two and two together despite the PR about the split.

But a split there was and if nothing was wrong or suspected then that remains suspicious

Not at all........recall it was Mondoweiss that supplied all of the links to relevant information ( so people could verify it for themselves ) included in the article and the Times of Israel that included , precisely , zero links. ( thus nobody could verify anything in its text )

That's a huge difference

Not at all........recall it was Mondoweiss that supplied all of the links to relevant information ( so people could verify it for themselves ) included in the article and the Times of Israel that included , precisely , zero links. ( thus nobody could verify anything in its text )

That's a huge difference

Not really. Mondoweiss is an anti-Israel propaganda outlet. And endorsed by TAAC.

But hey, you got other sources you want to cite that are endorsed by radical right extremists? Stormfront maybe?

Not really. Mondoweiss is an anti-Israel propaganda outlet. And endorsed by TAAC.

But hey, you got other sources you want to cite that are endorsed by radical right extremists? Stormfront maybe?

The fact remains that the Mondoweiss article is the one with all of the links to referenced information for independent verification and the Times of Israel article is the one without any. Who endorses or uses which is actually irrelevant to that fact.

Lol, and your side doesn't include right wing extremists. :roll:

Well, what we can conclude is that not one of the usual suspects is answering the question of why Microsoft bailed if there was no wrong doing or suspected wrong doing. Everything , imo , points to them getting out because they felt that the restrictions placed on the review left them blind to the actual usage and thus vulnerable in the PR stakes should something iffy come out later.

Lol, and your side doesn't include right wing extremists. :roll:

Well, the Times of Israel article contained no links for anyone to verify its claims and regularly uses either IDF or Israeli security sources ( usually unnamed :roll: ) to hang its claims off. :mrgreen:

Well, what we can conclude is that not one of the usual suspects is answering the question of why Microsoft bailed if there was no wrong doing or suspected wrong doing. Everything , imo , points to them getting out because they felt that the restrictions placed on the review left them blind to the actual usage and thus vulnerable in the PR stakes should something iffy come out later.

You are employing a fallacy.

Argument from ignorance (from Latin: argumentum ad ignorantiam), also known as appeal to ignorance (in which ignorance represents "a lack of contrary evidence"), is a fallacy in informal logic. It asserts that a proposition is true because it has not yet been proven false or a proposition is false because it has not yet been proven true.

And why is identifying terrorists and other law breakers a problem for you?

You are employing a fallacy.

Argument from ignorance (from Latin: argumentum ad ignorantiam), also known as appeal to ignorance (in which ignorance represents "a lack of contrary evidence"), is a fallacy in informal logic. It asserts that a proposition is true because it has not yet been proven false or a proposition is false because it has not yet been proven true.

I posted an opinion on why I think Microsoft bailed based on the information available. I am not claiming it to be an incontestible truth.

I posted an opinion on why I think Microsoft bailed based on the information available. I am not claiming it to be an incontestible truth.

Your opinion is noted. And as usual it is laced with accusations of wrong doing by Israel.

Your opinion is noted. And as usual it is laced with accusations of wrong doing by Israel.

What accusation of wrong doing did I make ? I said I thought Microsoft couldn't be sure about how that technology was being used so decided to bail.

What accusation of wrong doing did I make ? I said I thought Microsoft couldn't be sure about how that technology was being used so decided to bail.

Here...

Here....

It is being used in the OPTs where there are ongoing mass human rights violations and sometimes war crimes and as such the targeting of it by activists is just. Microsoft obviously thought the stigma of being associated with helping the security services that are responsible for those violations and crimes to much to bear.

Good result for the BDS and the other rights groups involved.

It's funny how people like you bemaon both violent and the none violent means to end the Israeli crimes against the Palestinians which just shows that you have a pretty entrenched and extremist position

Here...

Here....

Not even close. The second sentence that you avoided highlighting :roll: is the qualifier for the first which states a " suspected " wrongdoing

Everything , imo , points to them getting out because they felt that the restrictions placed on the review left them blind to the actual usage and thus vulnerable in the PR stakes should something iffy come out later."

If you think that my words back your point be my guest . I'm happy to differ.

Not even close. The second sentence that you avoided highlighting :roll: is the qualifier for the first which states a " suspected " wrongdoing

Everything , imo , points to them getting out because they felt that the restrictions placed on the review left them blind to the actual usage and thus vulnerable in the PR stakes should something iffy come out later."

If you think that my words back your point be my guest . I'm happy to differ.

Accusation is accusation is accusation...............

Crawfish away!

Accusation is accusation is accusation...............

Crawfish away!

:lamo

there is no crawfishing. There is only the obvious ( and usual ) misrepresentation/misunderstandings fom yourself. It is your own accusation that has failed but you will never accept that so.........whatever

Back
Top Bottom