• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jesus, coffee, wine or beer - what is most important for you?

• Jesus

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • coffee

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • wine

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • beer

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • other

Votes: 8 28.6%

• Total voters
About the background.

I have read about a fundamental Protestant pastor who liked a coffee in the morning.
But that set him thinking.
He asked himself:
"Is the thought of a coffee in the morning more powerful for me than thinking of Jesus Christ?"
And he confessed to himself: "Yes, it is!"

So he was quite shocked.
And he thought: "So coffee is an idol for me!"
Fundamental Protestants always have a bee in their bonnets about those idiol thing, for they believe that any idol brings you straight to hell!
And so he decided: No coffee - for it brings me to hell!

So now you know.

Btw: My "idol" is wine! (y)

Breathing is most important si I should vote other but that’s kind of obvious so I went with coffee since I drink 3-4 cups of it a day. Don’t drink nearly as much beer or wine.

• Total voters 23

Jesus: two
Coffee: ten

This question has a certain serious background that I will explain later.

For a start, please take the question just as it is.

Coffee with Jesus Hooker.jpg

About the background.

I have read about a fundamental Protestant pastor who liked a coffee in the morning.
But that set him thinking.
He asked himself:
"Is the thought of a coffee in the morning more powerful for me than thinking of Jesus Christ?"
And he confessed to himself: "Yes, it is!"

So he was quite shocked.
And he thought: "So coffee is an idol for me!"
Fundamental Protestants always have a bee in their bonnets about those idiol thing, for they believe that any idol brings you straight to hell!
And so he decided: No coffee - for it brings me to hell!

So now you know.

That screams "mental instability" to me.
Just because you wake up looking forward to your favorite beverage doesn't mean you've shed your devotion to your deity, in the case of coffee you're just seeking a pleasant wakeup, and yet this twat-waffle is suddenly wringing his hands and hanging his head in shame because his mouth was dry.
Good Lord, I wouldn't trust that guy with anything more powerful than a TV remote.

tumblr_me42ftuTUY1rz474ko1_500.gifv

Just because you wake up looking forward to your favorite beverage doesn't mean you've shed your devotion to your deity, in the case of coffee you're just seeking a pleasant wakeup, and yet this twat-waffle is suddenly wringing his hands and hanging his head in shame because his mouth was dry.
Good Lord, I wouldn't trust that guy with anything more powerful than a TV remote.

tumblr_me42ftuTUY1rz474ko1_500.gifv
You'd trust him with the remote?! Are you nuts?

Well - there is religion for you! :cool:
Religion in a nutshell! :D

I picked wine. I drink coffee every day, but the decaf variety, so it doesn't count!

This question has a certain serious background that I will explain later.

For a start, please take the question just as it is.
You left out cannabis.

I picked wine. I drink coffee every day, but the decaf variety, so it doesn't count!
Decaf is the Devils brew, lol

For many Prostestants idolatry is a Catholic thing:

Protestants often accuse Catholics of idolatry, iconolatry, and even paganism; in the Protestant Reformation such language was common to all Protestants. In some cases, such as the Puritan groups denounced all forms of religious objects, whether in three-dimensional or two-dimensional form, including the Christian cross

In their hunt for idols they now have jumped from the "Virgin Mary" to coffee. :)

Coffee is now on my list - but what about tea?

Long live Gambrinus!
Or: Lang may his lum reek!

Do you know him?

Gambrinus (/ɡæmˈbraɪnəs/ gam-BRY-nəs) is a legendary European culture hero celebrated as an icon of beer, brewing, joviality, and joie de vivre. Typical representations in the visual arts depict him as a rotund, bearded duke or king, holding a tankard or mug, and sometimes with a keg nearby.

Gambrinus is sometimes erroneously called a patron saint,[1] but he is neither a saint nor a tutelary deity. It is possible his persona was conflated with traditional medieval saints associated with beermaking, like Arnold of Soissons. In one legendary tradition, he is beer's inventor or envoy. Although legend attributes to him no special powers to bless brews or to make crops grow, tellers of old tall tales are happy to adapt them to fit Gambrinus. Gambrinus stories use folklore motifs common to European folktales, such as the trial by ordeal. Some imagine Gambrinus as a man who has an enormous capacity for drinking beer.[1]

Among personages theorised to be the basis for the Gambrinus character are the ancient Germanic king Gambrivius (or Gampar), John the Fearless (1371–1419) and John I, Duke of Brabant (c. 1252–1294).

This was my first, in college. It's a perfect representation of me.

il_fullxfull.2066593489_o8u2.jpg

Well, the photo is so huge that if it's to scale it means that you consumer 1.5 gallons of coffee at a sitting, and I am scared of you now 😆😆😆

I have never understood this "died for our sins".
Pious people repeat it parrot-like, but can never explain.
It is part of the narrative. JC was a divine prophet and those awful Earthlings crucified him, thus he died for our sins.
And that's about as much "remedial christianity" as I can muster for now 🤣

Back
Top Bottom